Thailand reports 2,012 new coronavirus cases, 15 new deaths

webfact

Nakhon Pathom hospital suspends operations after patient, staffer infected

Nakhon Pathom province announced on Wednesday that Sam Pran Hospital has suspended surgeries/operations for 14 days – from April 27 to May 10 – after one of their medical personal contracted Covid-19.

Moreover, an infected patient “with a concealed personal history” had been attended to in the operating room on April 25.

This led to 40 personnel at the room being ordered to quarantine themselves.

(more)

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40000313

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

So play by the rules.  No parties at your houses or condo's, listen to the governments briefings, wear your masks and be a responsible person and stop with the "I will do what I want my castle is my Kingdom and if i get sick I will self isolate and care for myself" attitude i keep seeing from some in Phuket that post here. It is not rocket science and folks need to accept what they are asked to do without being obstinate.

I, for one, have followed the Covid rules religiously from day one. I do note that you say "some" from Phuket so thankfully you exclude me. I read your educated posts regularly, note your compassion to human life, and also the occasional sarcasm aimed at the authorities. Please accept this news headline in much the same way as you do other headlines related to authority issues.

By the way, the meeting in Phuket was attended by foreigners and i believe the remark was targetted at them as a reminder of possible consequences.  Much the same way as the Baht 20,000 fine for non mask wearing outside was announced.....

The Ministry of Public Health reported Wednesday that Thailand moved up one slot to now rank 104th among world countries based on its total number of COVID cases since the start of the pandemic.  The charts below show Thailand's ranking versus all countries and versus its regional Asian peer countries:

04-28-21i.jpg.0ca915cd0df7aa674bb973dd2e625bc8.jpg

04-28-21j.jpg.f89c7ef529f9688b07666bad56ceb033.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/informationcovid19/posts/314640260154305

English language breakdown of all today's new COVID case reports by region and province. If a province is not listed below, that means no official new cases reported there.

04-28-21t.jpg.5bf8bff85af333992aed8c63473d97ac.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/nbtworld/posts/10157979458567050

And Tuesday's prior reported new cases by province for comparison:

04-27-21z.jpg.aff278d82a06fb8919a6e8c09c89a9fa.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mjnaus said:

Bummer for the "the sky is falling" brigade, but it looks like the numbers are leveling out. There will be usual moaners out here claiming the numbers are incorrect, false, weekend under-reporting, etc. But for those of use who didn't jump onboard the drama train, this is good news.

Wait and see fella, wait and see!

I truly hope you have the right of it but let's be honest the reports are flawed at best and complete fabrication at worst

Higher, faster, deadlier: Third wave of COVID triggers growing fear in Thailand - Thailand News - Thai Visa Forum

From BM surelynot:

'Just read an article in the BP.....guy (youngish)...ill (usual symptoms).....couldn't get a test......couldn't get into hospital........ambulance wouldn't pick him up.      ...eventually found dead........recorded as heart attack!!!!'

• Thanks 1

The Ministry of Public Health reported Wednesday that Bangkok hospitals are treating many of the country's most seriously ill COVID patients, including those in critical condition and requiring ventilators to breathe.

The MoPH chart below shows the hospital tallies for Bangkok for the past week, with the first row of numbers reflecting the daily change in patients in critical condition, and the second row showing the same for the share of those critical patients requiring ventilators.

In both categories, the seriously ill patient counts in Bangkok have more than doubled during the past week.

1320796865_BangkokHospitalPatientsinCriticalConditiononVentilator.jpg.7a82983889dee29bf7c2084247ce573c.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/informationcovid19/photos/a.106455480972785/314639830154348/

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Lockdown proposed for Bangkok and five other Deep Red zone provinces

The Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA), headed by Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha, will be asked to impose lockdowns in the six Deep Red zone provinces, where the rates of new infections are not slowing.

General Nataphol Narkpanich, secretary-general of the National Security Council and head of the CCSA subcommittee, said today (Wednesday) that the proposed lockdowns are part of the panel’s proposals, to be considered by the CCSA, which change the classifications of Bangkok, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Samut Prakan, Chiang Mai and Chon Buri to Deep Red, due to their high infection rates.

General Nataphol said that the CCSA subcommittee will propose that eateries in the Deep Red and Red zones will only be allowed to accept take-home or delivery orders.

(more)

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/lockdown-proposed-for-bangkok-and-five-other-deep-red-zone-provinces/

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA), headed by Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha, will be asked to impose lockdowns in the six Deep Red zone provinces, where the rates of new infections are not slowing.

General Nataphol Narkpanich, secretary-general of the National Security Council and head of the CCSA subcommittee, said today (Wednesday) that the proposed lockdowns are part of the panel’s proposals, to be considered by the CCSA, which change the classifications of Bangkok, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Samut Prakan, Chiang Mai and Chon Buri to Deep Red, due to their high infection rates.

The fact that more than 2,000 new infections have been recorded every day since April 23rd is a clear indication that the existing measures are insufficient to contain the disease, said the general.

(more)

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/lockdown-proposed-for-bangkok-and-five-other-deep-red-zone-provinces/

So the only change is restaurants ("eateries") will only be allowed to do take-out and deliveries?  Nothing about shopping malls and public transport - or a curfew?

3 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The Ministry of Public Health reported Wednesday that Bangkok hospitals are treating many of the country's most seriously ill COVID patients, including those in critical condition and requiring ventilators to breathe.

The MoPH chart below shows the hospital tallies for Bangkok for the past week, with the first row of numbers reflecting the daily change in patients in critical condition, and the second row showing the same for the share of those critical patients requiring ventilators.

In both categories, the seriously ill patient counts in Bangkok have more than doubled during the past week.

1320796865_BangkokHospitalPatientsinCriticalConditiononVentilator.jpg.7a82983889dee29bf7c2084247ce573c.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/informationcovid19/photos/a.106455480972785/314639830154348/

Maybe the good news brigade can tell us why this is good news. Love to know. For me it's clearly the opposite.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The fact that more than 2,000 new infections have been recorded every day since April 23rd is a clear indication that the existing measures are insufficient to contain the disease, said the general.

(more)

Better late than never guys, please no committees to consider this, just do it!!

1 hour ago, Neal182 said:

Covid spread to all 77 provinces over songkran. If Thailand can get this under control without a national lockdown including only allowing people to leave there home for essential reasons,  stopping public transport and interprovincial travel ect then Thailand need to share their secret with the rest of the world. I'm in Melbourne Australia and it took 4 months of very strict lockdown including a curfew from 8pm till 5 am and no travel further that 5km from home unless classed an essential worker to get the numbers from 700 a day to 0. Also in Australia for every 200 positive cases found in ruturn travelers there is a transmission from hotel quarantine to staff causing snap lockdowns. No matter how much they try to stop it. 

Australia has handled outbreak well enough to have 78,113 fans at MCG for ANZAC day footy match. And most matches attendance running from 35k to 55k. It does seem to matter how much they try to stop it. They jump right on any outbreak no matter how small and it seems to be working. And Australia has screwed up on vaccine supply comparable (somewhat) to Thailand

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

So the only change is restaurants ("eateries") will only be allowed to do take-out and deliveries?  Nothing about shopping malls and public transport - or a curfew?

Well that's just what the PBS article said.  I am sure there will be more closures possibly inline with last years.  But who the hell really knows.

4 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

"Approved by CCSA Thailand, 14-day quarantine will start May 1st, 2021 in all traveller entering Thailand after the situation in Thailand is gradually increasing. 3 counties namely India, Pakistan, and Bangladesh must quarantine for 21 days"

https://www.facebook.com/OICDDC/posts/3905861762867721

Is this OIC a reliable source of information?

I can't find this elsewhere.

9 minutes ago, ourmanflint said:

Magic Thailand strikes again... only in Thailand it seems does this virus manage to take a break once in a while, chill out and slow down it's never ending spread to other people. Other countries must be looking on in awe of the magic of Thai people and the Thai govt

Truly Amazing!

It's not the Thai people or the Thai government in general. It is the General himself who has the magical skills to save us all.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Is this OIC a reliable source of information?

I can't find this elsewhere.

It's an arm of the Thai government, MoPH that does their EN communications.

This is the source of that report:

Screenshot_17.jpg.dd38c2a3bb6b3a5fc101a80ce8d7f876.jpg

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

3 minutes ago, AndyFoxy said:

It's not the Thai people or the Thai government in general. It is the General himself who has the magical skills to save us all.

of course who could forget all of his magical amulets and his magical songs to bring happiness back to the people.  He is doing such a splendid job.  He and Anutin brought much happiness back to the people in allowing the Songkran travel to go on and then made them happy by helping them spread the virus to their families and friends creating the Thousands of cases a day and multitudes of deaths.  Such a caring Czar he is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Well that's just what the PBS article said.  I am sure there will be more closures possibly inline with last years.  But who the hell really knows.

It's a proposal. The full CSSA is due to meet tomorrow. I suspect we'll hear more details on the outcome, and specifics, then.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

It's an arm of the Thai government, MoPH that does their EN communications.

So this change in quarantine has been approved and will be implemented as of 1 May?

Has the MoFA annoucned this change?

"Nakhon Ratchasima authorities are considering a partial lockdown for Pak Chong and Bua Yai districts after the province reported 42 new COVID-19 cases on Tuesday.

Governor Vichien Chantaranothai said the coronavirus outbreak in the province was worrying, particularly in these two districts, as the accumulated cases in the province are rising to 509.

He said a disease investigation team was looking into whether the new infections were from a new cluster, or not. If a new cluster is identified, it would be necessary to impose a lockdown on the two districts to control movement in and out, but it would focus on some tambons, not entire districts."

4 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

"Approved by CCSA Thailand, 14-day quarantine will start May 1st, 2021 in all traveller entering Thailand after the situation in Thailand is gradually increasing. 3 counties namely India, Pakistan, and Bangladesh must quarantine for 21 days"

Does this mean my 7 day holiday in Phuket this July is canceled?