Expats getting a Covid-19 vaccine in Pattaya for dummies with emphasis on expats outside the Thai system

Jingthing

55 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I call B.S.

How can I get a vaccine soon in Pattaya?

There is no way.

Yes there was before mor phrom with pink cards but registration using that has ended and most expats need to use passports anyway.

Thailandintervac.com never had Pattaya and its been down for days anyway.

No, expats with passports can't just walk in here to hospitals and get vaccines on the spot or registered for vaccines soon.

Even if they're high risk, even if the hospital has their records.

Getting on a list for October is an entirely different kettle of fish.

October is a long ways off from now.

It's June now.

I think you're just here to insult people that want vaccines in Pattaya soon and have hit a brick wall.

I find that deplorable.

If you have practical information to share related to Pattaya that can actually help people  get vaccines here, please let us know. Otherwise you and anyone else that is here only to insult people trying to get vaccinated in Pattaya please do not post here. 

Reality check. The vaccines are in short supply, even the ones that have been promised for October delivery. But despite this, some foreigners are reporting having success. However, NONE of them walked in and got them 'on the spot' as you think is their right. Even the locals don't get that privilege unless they're in a Bangkok cluster.

Here's some "practical information to share related to Pattaya that can actually help people  get vaccines here." Over that past six weeks or so, one of my six mates has got himself, wife and daughter on three lists, two in Bangkok and one in Pattaya (where they live) through diligent research, avoiding the stress monkeys and looking outside the Pattaya bubble. After being told by PMH this morning that the registration list was closed for their October Moderna delivery, they will be headed to Phayatai Hospital in Bangkok next Tuesday to get their first AZ jabs. First come, first served.

BTW, he found the intervac site first and asked me for my opinion. I told him it looked like an insecure data harvester and nothing more and I wouldn't be using it. I believe that it has either crashed or gone offline now that registrations via online or walk-in are surging. I guess the intervac people are fining it hard to handball all that personal data into several different internet portals. Go figure.

I (obviously) haven't read all 27 pages but have you tried registering anywhere? Either way, quit stressing about it. It isn't coming to a hospital near you in large volumes anytime soon.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NanLaew said:

Reality check. The vaccines are in short supply, even the ones that have been promised for October delivery. But despite this, some foreigners are reporting having success. However, NONE of them walked in and got them 'on the spot' as you think is their right. Even the locals don't get that privilege unless they're in a Bangkok cluster.

Here's some "practical information to share related to Pattaya that can actually help people  get vaccines here." Over that past six weeks or so, one of my six mates has got himself, wife and daughter on three lists, two in Bangkok and one in Pattaya (where they live) through diligent research, avoiding the stress monkeys and looking outside the Pattaya bubble. After being told by PMH this morning that the registration list was closed for their October Moderna delivery, they will be headed to Phayatai Hospital in Bangkok next Tuesday to get their first AZ jabs. First come, first served.

BTW, he found the intervac site first and asked me for my opinion. I told him it looked like an insecure data harvester and nothing more and I wouldn't be using it. I believe that it has either crashed or gone offline now that registrations via online or walk-in are surging. I guess the intervac people are fining it hard to handball all that personal data into several different internet portals. Go figure.

I (obviously) haven't read all 27 pages but have you tried registering anywhere? Either way, quit stressing about it. It isn't coming to a hospital near you in large volumes anytime soon.

As I knew, you've got NO practical advice on how expats can get vaccines in Pattaya in the near future, particularly high risk expats. My original post stands. 

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I call B.S.

How can I get a vaccine soon in Pattaya?

There is no way.

Yes there was before mor phrom with pink cards but registration using that has ended and most expats need to use passports anyway.

Thailandintervac.com never had Pattaya and its been down for days anyway.

No, expats with passports can't just walk in here to hospitals and get vaccines on the spot or registered for vaccines soon.

Even if they're high risk, even if the hospital has their records.

Getting on a list for October is an entirely different kettle of fish.

October is a long ways off from now.

It's June now.

I think you're just here to insult people that want vaccines in Pattaya soon and have hit a brick wall.

I find that deplorable.

If you have practical information to share related to Pattaya that can actually help people  get vaccines here, please let us know. Otherwise you and anyone else that is here only to insult people trying to get vaccinated in Pattaya please do not post here. 

Wow telling people not to post here..amazing---people are giving you information, but you are not listening.

Also Intervac maybe off line now, but it wasn't before (open for about 2-3 weeks I think), so why didn't you perservere and book an appointment as many other Pattaya people have.

The lowdown is that unless you booked on the Mor Prom app, you will not be eligible for any government shots, until possibly Sinopharm is available (have to wait and see on that).

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Leaver said:

I have a friend in the UK eager to get back to Thailand. 

Out of curiosity, I am currently making enquiries if somehow he is able to transport a set of vaccines for me.  I don't expect any joy, and I am not doing this out of fear, just a few emails and calls to see if it is possible.  

How does he keep them in the temperature range? some need to be very cold

20 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

Another bit of vague (as usual) news about Pattaya vaccinations.  The original news release completely slipped by me becuase I'm just getting jaded with all the so-called news releases by officials, but here goes for those of you unaware of the latest:

The city of Pattay has ordered 100,000 doses of Sinopharm vaccine from the Chulabhorn Royal Academy, according to the Pattaya City Mayor Sonthaya Khunplume.

He says that 50,000 people will be vaccinated (the population of Pattaya that are over the age of 19 and thus eligible to receive the vaccine is around 80,000 people).

According to the Mayor...“Registration for the vaccines will be online as well as paper registration in local communities.”...but of course no website link was provided in the news release, nor was an explanation given of what is meant by "paper registration in local communities."

(so typical LOL!)

And it should go without even saying, how this pertains to foreigners was not mentioned.  

In other words, this news (in Thai parlance) "Same-Same" as far as any of us expats are concerned. 

You need to stop listening to that guy.......

9 hours ago, Jingthing said:

As I knew, you've got NO practical advice on how expats can get vaccines in Pattaya in the near future, particularly high risk expats. My original post stands. 

He's given you adivce and examples, all you're doing is crying...

If you spent less time on here and more in the real world trying to find a solution, you never know......maybe something will work out?

11 hours ago, NanLaew said:

One of them is on three registrations with three different hospitals in three different cities but will take whatever comes up first.

And that's probably one of the causes of the problems with the system right now, it means nobody has a clue how many vaccines are really needed or where they should be allocated.

Edited by Guderian

2 hours ago, Guderian said:

And that's probably one of the causes of the problems with the system right now, it means nobody has a clue how many vaccines are really needed or where they should be allocated.

There will be a samlor on the corner of Buakhao  and Lengkee advertising  and selling Covid vaccination registration at a charge of 2000 baht next week! He is just getting the sign made up to cover the one for duck noodle soup!

Edited by jacko45k

12 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Are you high risk or just high drama?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Guderian said:

So the an imperfect vaccine registration system that the hospitals hope will comply with the governments nebulous vaccine smoke and mirrors act being overloaded by people earnestly seeking vaccination ASAP is the people's fault? That's called victim blaming, no? BTW, there's no confusion on how many vaccine shots are needed. The population of Thailand is a pretty tight estimate, the quantity of foreigners is also well ballparked. Their numbers province-by-province isn't a total unknown. With the need for most of the vaccines to be a two-shot regimen, the 'math' is easy.

I think the PM has already publicly apologized for how this has been badly handled. Imagine how much further back we would be if he hadn't appointed himself chief poobah of Thailand's vaccination enterprise. Imagine if Anutin was still ignoring the scientific advice, conflicting with what the MOPH said we should do and meddling with local suppliers versus imports.

FWIW, as soon as my mate and his family gets their first shot he will cancel the other two registrations.

And now back to our regular programing...

Edited by NanLaew

On 5/24/2021 at 9:15 PM, Jingthing said:

Since you brought up the records thing, I have some comments on that.

We may have hospital I.D. cards from previous visits, but I wonder how long they keep us in their database if we haven't been there for years?

According to an acquaintance of mine, AEK Udon, the oldest private hospital in Udon Thani 'purge' their records after 5 years. There's no evidence of that being a total and irrecoverable erasure of any data or simply being filed and boxed next to their ambulance garage.

Personal experience: I registered during outpatients treatment at Thonburi 2 Hospital in west Bangkok back in 2010. I checked with them early last month about my ID card and vaccination. The card is still valid but they had no plans regarding vaccination. However, they are  offering RT-PCR testing.

My advice for those who have a collection of hospital ID cards is to contact the hospital DIRECTLY and find out. However, if they are offering vaccination registration, either online or walk-in, I would cut to the chase and register for the vaccination first (bring your passport!). Having the ID card may just make something happen faster.

YMMV but like many facets of life in Thailand, it depends a lot on being proactive and actually helping yourself.

16 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

According to an acquaintance of mine, AEK Udon, the oldest private hospital in Udon Thani 'purge' their records after 5 years. There's no evidence of that being a total and irrecoverable erasure of any data or simply being filed and boxed next to their ambulance garage.

Personal experience: I registered during outpatients treatment at Thonburi 2 Hospital in west Bangkok back in 2010. I checked with them early last month about my ID card and vaccination. The card is still valid but they had no plans regarding vaccination. However, they are  offering RT-PCR testing.

My advice for those who have a collection of hospital ID cards is to contact the hospital DIRECTLY and find out. However, if they are offering vaccination registration, either online or walk-in, I would cut to the chase and register for the vaccination first (bring your passport!). Having the ID card may just make something happen faster.

YMMV but like many facets of life in Thailand, it depends a lot on being proactive and actually helping yourself.

There is no hospital in Pattaya currently where expats can register either online or in person for the public vaccine program.

Whether a hospital has your records or not is irrelevant.

Pattaya Memorial is currently closed to the for profit Moderna sign ups for maybe October. 

Don't know the up to the minute situation at BHP for their eventual for profit thing if they will have that.

You keep posting here with irrelevant stuff that is not localized to the actual situation in Pattaya. 

The scope of this topic is rather narrow.

How local expats can get access to jabs in Pattaya, hopefully ASAP.

Now and going forward. 

How it was weeks ago using Mor Phrom for the pink carded in Pattaya is irrelevant as well as that path for new people is closed pink carded or not.

Edited by Jingthing

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Whether a hospital has your records or not is irrelevant.

If you know this, why did you pose the question?

...or would I have to read the whole subsequent 14 pages to find the point of your enlightenment?

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

You keep posting here with irrelevant stuff that is not localized to the actual situation in Pattaya. 

The scope of this topic is rather narrow.

How local expats can get access to jabs in Pattaya, hopefully ASAP.

Now and going forward. 

I have only posted what some other LONG-TERM RESIDENTS OF THAILAND AND PATTAYA IN PARTICULAR have accepted as being required to get vaccinated as quickly as possible. You may well be right in saying that a foreigner can't get vaccinated for free any time soon or even with any certainty in Pattaya. However, after 28-pages, if you haven't worked out that it's not going to happen any time soon, ie. not ASAP, I suspect learning difficulties are involved.

You have embellished your comments on existing vaccination plans with 'for profit'. The cost was a secondary factor for myself and those I speak about who were earnestly working to protect themselves and their family as quickly as possible so we put in the 'legwork' to accomplish this. It did require some hours on the phone, WhatsApp, LINE and email but it certainly didn't equal the ballache you are giving yourself on this platform.

Nevertheless, if I hear anything substantial about any broad vaccination roll out in Pattaya, I will be sure and let you know.

Good luck.

2 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

If you know this, why did you pose the question?

...or would I have to read the whole subsequent 14 pages to find the point of your enlightenment?

I have only posted what some other LONG-TERM RESIDENTS OF THAILAND AND PATTAYA IN PARTICULAR have accepted as being required to get vaccinated as quickly as possible. You may well be right in saying that a foreigner can't get vaccinated for free any time soon or even with any certainty in Pattaya. However, after 28-pages, if you haven't worked out that it's not going to happen any time soon, ie. not ASAP, I suspect learning difficulties are involved.

You have embellished your comments on existing vaccination plans with 'for profit'. The cost was a secondary factor for myself and those I speak about who were earnestly working to protect themselves and their family as quickly as possible so we put in the 'legwork' to accomplish this. It did require some hours on the phone, WhatsApp, LINE and email but it certainly didn't equal the ballache you are giving yourself on this platform.

Nevertheless, if I hear anything substantial about any broad vaccination roll out in Pattaya, I will be sure and let you know.

Good luck.

More personal insults.

11 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

How does he keep them in the temperature range? some need to be very cold

AZ can be kept at 3 to 5 degrees.  Prior to covid, he was bringing over some cheeses for me in a cool pack with the gel ice packs, and a bottle of wine.  The gel ice packs held up well, so it would probably keep the vaccine in the temperature range. 

Not saying I'll be doing this, just trying to find out if it's possible, because there's every chance he may be able to get here before expats here will be vaccinated. 

Edited by Leaver

8 minutes ago, Leaver said:

AZ can be kept at 3 to 5 degrees.  Prior to covid, he was bringing over some cheeses for me in a cool pack with the gel ice packs, and a bottle of wine.  The gel ice packs held up well, so it would probably keep the vaccine in the temperature range. 

Not saying I'll be doing this, just trying to find out if it's possible, because there's every chance he may be able to get here before expats here will be vaccinated. 

It's almost definitely illegal for a private person to import vaccines into Thailand.

28 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

It's almost definitely illegal for a private person to import vaccines into Thailand.

I did it about 15 years ago. I had a jab for Hepatitis A and B when I was back in the UK for a month or so, but you need a booster after that and I was booked to fly out before the due date. So the nurse back in the UK gave me the second dose, explained that it needed to be kept chilled and when I needed to be given it. I made the check-in staff at LHR and cabin crew on the EVA flight aware that I was carrying a vaccine that needed to be kept refrigerated, and they had no problems with it, glad to help me. When the date came i went to a local clinic and got the doctor to inject it into me. I'm not saying this was legal, just that at the time nobody had any problems with it. Times do change, though.

Anyway, enough digressing, back to the subject of how expats in Pattaya can get a vaccine shot.

Has anybody tried open bribery yet, you know 10,000 Baht in a brown envelope at a government hospital that's dishing out jabs?

Edited by Guderian
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I am first making enquiries in the UK to see if a third party can take possession of the vaccine on my behalf, if so, I can arrange a letter from a doctor, and it may be able to be "imported" for personal use, as opposed to commercial use.  

I will research the import side of medication for personal use into Thailand, after I found out if it is possible from the UK side.  

21 minutes ago, Guderian said:

Has anybody tried open bribery yet, you know 10,000 Baht in a brown envelope at a government hospital that's dishing out jabs?

I mentioned this a few months ago, I'm sure you can get any drugs here, so approach a shady thai character and ask

Here is my summary of the current situation for new registrations for the public system vaccines in Pattaya for expats using passport ID. At this time the public system would have either Sinovac or Astra-Zenica.

Short summary: NOTHING

Longer summary:

Mor Phrom -- not possible

In person hospital registration -- not possible

Online registration at thailandintervac. com including /expatriates -- not possible

-----------------

Hopes going forward, nothing at all certain, no public timetables announced or promised

Online registration at thailandintervac. com including /expatriates opened up again with inclusion of a Pattaya hospital

A Chonburi specific online registration system either specific to expats or including them

In person hospital registration opened up to expats with passport ID

Possibly public mass walk in events at shopping malls, stadiums, that might eventually include expats. These types of for Thais only events seem to have been scrapped here previously, but you never know if they'll try again. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, thaitero said:

From facebook:

modernasoi4.jpg

Pretty much the same offer as Pattaya Memorial that had to cut the registration window short due to the volume of registrants.

Instead of debating the cost or other irrelevant aspects of Pattaya's vaccine roll out, anyone seriously interested in getting on a vaccination program should head over ASAP to PIC before they also suspend registration.

PS: Parking's horrendous so better take a songtaew, some water and maybe a packed lunch?

Good luck!