Thai government confirms 2 Thais have died in Hamas attacks on Israel

webfact

Saddening to see that war-mongering Israel can't keep their Thai workers safe.

For as long as the corrupt war criminal Bibi is in charge, there's no hope for peace. He should be tried in an international court for his crimes against humanity.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

Brits could not give it away in the 30's. They offered the Arabs 80% of the land for their own country, they of course turned it down as the other 20% had been offered to Jews coming in from Europe. The so called Palestinians have never been interested in a 2 state solution, only one- their own. Firing two thousand rockets into Israel who can intercept most of them has only ended in yet another catastrophe for terrorist Hamas, whose constitution still has the destruction of Israel in it.

I feel sorry for the Christian's, Armenian's and all others who suffer too. All these people were there prior to 1948. What happened was similar to colonialism in previous centuries. The Portuguese (for example) offered to build schools, hospitals and universities for the King of Mozambique. In return he had to give them his Country. The King refused so they invaded and stole his Country. Without reaching any agreement Israel shouldn't exist.

9 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Rather a shame that the leaders of both Israel and Islamic Jihad/Hamas cannot just be thrown into a big pit and let the average good people just get on with life.

So all the average good people on both sides totally disagree with what is happening, bear no ill will to the other side and just want to get on with life. It is only the politicians with no mandate from the populace who are responsible. Simplistic and totally inaccurate post. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, phills2k1 said:

It's incredible how so many people either don't know or purposely ignore what started this latest "conflict" (unfortunately I've seen much more of the latter in my world).  Israel started all of this by continuing to force families out of their homes (it's not a "real estate dispute" or an eviction as some people like to whitewash it to) as well as prohibiting worshipers into one of the holiest mosques in the world on the holiest night of the year.  Imagine the outrage if Christians were prohibited from entering St. John's Cathedral on Easter.

As a Jewish individual who has family ties to Israel, what that government has done and continues to do is abhorrent and absolutely criminal.  To forcibly oppress an entire group of people while withholding necessary utilities and supplies; to forcibly kick families out of their homes they've had for generations to give the land to Israelis; to constantly denigrate the people as being animals so they can dehumanize; and finally to murder indiscriminately, is what those of us in a civilized society have fought against for ages.  There's no excuse for ANY of this.

Yes, there are other issues at play.  It sure would be nice if the surrounding Muslim countries that have been using Israel as a rallying cry for decades would actually offer assistance to the Palestinian people.  And of course Hamas has a huge role in this as well, with their history of mass violence as well as their mission stating the death and destruction of Israel and the Jewish people.  Yes, it's sickening that they launch the rockets from within civilian centers to encourage counter attacks there. But that doesn't justify Israel actually sending those rockets while killing countless innocents. Giving a "warning" doesn't justify either.  Meanwhile you have people that actually say, "well then the Palestinian people should just turn on and give up Hamas," as if this is something that's easy to accomplish. Like if they ask the militarily run organization to leave kindly, they'll do so. 

It's just so infuriating and sickening to see people who were so impacted by the Holocaust to just turn around and justify actions like these. No, they're not systemically murdering Palestinians to destroy their ethnicity (ironically, what Hamas and Iran's leadership wants to to do them), but the forced relocation, oppression through regularion and destruction caused by Israeli leadership is similar to what European Jews faced.

Unfortunately there's no way this realistically ends well.  Please believe me when I say that there are HUGE numbers of Israelis who don't want any of this and have been trying to replace this ultra-nationalist leadership for YEARS, and they've come closer than ever in doing do (probably why Netenyahu chose these actions if I'm being honest). And if they're able to bring in leadership that offers a truly respectful two state solution, Hamas will never agree to it or allow for peace to occur. They refuse to accept any scenario that allows Israel to exist, so the violence will always continue.

And just one more point in what I hope isn't a rambling treatise, much like there are large amounts of Israelis who oppose what's been happening and want change, there are also massive amounts of Jewish people throughout the world that are repulsed by Israeli leadership's actions and find it disgusting when people claim that "being anti-israel is being antisemetic."  That couldn't be further from the truth and if you ever hear someone say it, know that it's BS to most Jewish people

Actually  it  isn't.

Legit criticism of Israeli policies obviously isn't.

But it's very clear that many people use Israel demonization as a cover for hating Jews respectably. To deny that is very naive.

That said I agree with much of your post. There are narratives worth listening to on both sides. But on the other hand I have no doubt Hamas would have found another excuse to spit out their missiles sooner or later. Its important to consider how this new war benefits Netanyahu politically as well.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, nightfox said:

FYI, These Thais are working in Israel not Gaza. They work in the agriculture industry there picking, harvesting and packing fruits and vegetables which they have skills for.

In the pre Hamas days, local Palestinians were the ones doing all the agricultural work in Israel as its labor which the average Israeli doesn't want to do so they outsource foreign laborers with skills and experience from Thailand, just like there's a lot Filipinos are in Israel working as caregivers. Fact is these Thais are making 10x the wage there then working at a farm in Thailand doing the same job.

Yes. Of course if it isn't happening already Thai workers being recruited if they aren't aware already should be informed of the potential war risks in that region. 

Edited by Jingthing

1 hour ago, VocalNeal said:

Surely one is fighting for their perceived country and the other is fighting to retain what they were given by someone else who didn't consult the first party.

Actually it is probably all about water but that is much too boring a subject.

So you're saying that Israel isn't Israeli's country? That's an outrageous assertion. 

Maybe Australia isn't Australian's country then.

But nobody says that.

Curious that the one country in the world that is the Jewish homeland is singled out for such baldy hypocritical denigration.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

Funny to read this. I think we all remember the last 4 years from 2017 to early 2021 where there was actually peace in the middle east. Of course it all came crashing down once weakness and incompetence prevailed where there had previously been strength and determination. Well warned it would happen, and it did. Oh well.

There was peace in the Middle East?

Syria and Yemen aren't in the middle east I guess.

If you're referring to the Abraham accords, the Palestinians completely rejected that. They weren't included at all.

It's much more likely that there is another periodic flare-up between Israel and the Palestinians now because of Netanyahu's political troubles than your theory that it's about a new U.S  president. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Poet said:

I really hate this "They are each as bad as the other" narrative.

Nothing justifies firing 1,750 M302 missiles at cities, farming communities, and other civilian targets, full of innocent Jews, Arabs, Christians and, so tragically, these two Thais.

IMG_1214.JPG.d5d1cef542ae2539a8b1b0b3bbcc647a.JPG

This is an act of pure evil, long-planned and driven by internal Palestinian political considerations. It has nothing to do with the Temple Mount or a handful of justified evictions ordered by a civil court, not the nation of Israel. The ability of the Israelis to destroy most - but not all! - of these missiles is irrelevant. This is a crime against humanity.

Supposed liberals in the West who try to gloss over the enormity of what the unelected Hamas dictatorship are doing are, themselves, complicit in this evil.

"a handful of justified evictions ordered by a civil court"  a disgraceful attempt at justifying stealing land

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Shouldn't. 

Schmouldn't.

Israel does exist and it isn't going anywhere.

By your logic the USA and most of the world's nations shouldn't exist either.

Did the Allies keep land after WW2?  continual to steal land into the 2000s?  absurd logic and bias

20 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

Hamas reckon they can be more aggressive with Biden in the White House.

More like a coincidence. These flareups crop up periodically like clockwork regardless of who is the US president. Also you can't label Biden as not being supportive of Israel. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

It's much more likely that there is another periodic flare-up between Israel and the Palestinians now because of Netanyahu's political troubles than your theory that it's about a new U.S  president. 

1000%.  Between the recent elections showing his time is nearly over and the bribery scandal, this is why bibi went down this path.

As for my anti-Israel isn't anti-semitic, I should've clarified.  There are certainly instances where it is, but I was referring to people (often people in prominence) using that as a response to every piece of criticism they see the Israeli government receive.  When they decry antisemitism for every critical comment on Israel, it hurts our credibility to call it out for the so many other legitimate examples of it. And for those who are truly just opposed to the policies, calling them antisemitic when they're not will only make them more defensive and potentially change their overall views for the negative

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Jingthing said:

So you're saying that Israel isn't Israeli's country? That's an outrageous assertion. 

Maybe Australia isn't Australian's country then.

But nobody says that.

Curious that the one country in the world that is the Jewish homeland is singled out for such baldy hypocritical denigration.

Again, you're certainly correct in calling light to the fact that Israel is the only country receiving this treat. And from a lot of people, there's a reason behind it

In addition to stopping the horrific land grabs / forced evictions, if they could come to the table with a legitimate offer for a two state solution, then it becomes a lot tougher for these comments to be made. And then the hypocrisy and antisemitism is much easier to call out.  Hard to make that argument with everything they've been doing when much of the criticism is valid because of those actions

I personally believe they should go down this path on a humanitarian level. But it also makes sense from a strategic standpoint.  Make a legitimate offer and if Hamas still rejects it because it's not the entire country or they accept and then the violence from them continues, then at least Israel tried, and perhaps there can be a true movement to remove Hamas from daily life

15 minutes ago, phills2k1 said:

Again, you're certainly correct in calling light to the fact that Israel is the only country receiving this treat. And from a lot of people, there's a reason behind it

In addition to stopping the horrific land grabs / forced evictions, if they could come to the table with a legitimate offer for a two state solution, then it becomes a lot tougher for these comments to be made. And then the hypocrisy and antisemitism is much easier to call out.  Hard to make that argument with everything they've been doing when much of the criticism is valid because of those actions

I personally believe they should go down this path on a humanitarian level. But it also makes sense from a strategic standpoint.  Make a legitimate offer and if Hamas still rejects it because it's not the entire country or they accept and then the violence from them continues, then at least Israel tried, and perhaps there can be a true movement to remove Hamas from daily life

Israel has tried before. Now of course Israel has been stuck with very right wing governments. Sorry but I really don't believe there is the will for real compromise on either side. Israel going "humanitarian" would be read as weakness. You're projecting liberal western values on the middle east. It doesn't work.

Edited by Jingthing

10 hours ago, placeholder said:

What would Israeli govt supporters do if they were treated the way Palestinians and Israeli arabs are treated by the Israeli govt.?

And YOU know how badly they're treated do you??    Any hard facts??

7 hours ago, Caldera said:

Saddening to see that war-mongering Israel can't keep their Thai workers safe.

For as long as the corrupt war criminal Bibi is in charge, there's no hope for peace. He should be tried in an international court for his crimes against humanity.

I wonder whether that same court (when they have a spare moment or two) could try the Hamas militants who threw the alleged homosexuals off the top of the high buildings in Gaza when they took power.

Talking of taking power, Hamas did just that, 16 years ago, and haven't even joked about holding an election since. Quite unlike the West Bank, where that shining beacon of democracy, President Abbas, is in the 17th year of his 4 year term.

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, HOAX said:

Well it goes both ways. Israel blocked the muslims from celebrating something at the second or 3rd most holy mosque for muslims during the most holy day during ramadan or something like that, and Israel has again announced the eviction of Palestines in a muslim region, not sure if this is the same place. Hamas on the other hand is a terrorist group, funded and partly controlled by Iran, an enemy of Israel, and is behind thousands of attacks, including many unprovoked attacks, as well as using the the most vulnerable people of its own citizens as human shield.

So yes, there's two sides to the story. The Israeli government, Hamas and Islamic Jihad are all aggressors, none of them are innocent, none of them should you support, unless you're a religious extremist, or just misinformed. You don't have to pick a side. It's ok to say they both are in the wrong, they both are going too far, unnecessary lives are lost...

Terrible logic that you have.

Because of civil matter dispute, you argue that firing 3000+ missiles indiscriminately is justified and that murder of 2 innocent Thais is acceptable. No it is not.   A place where they complain of restrictions on cement but can build 100kms of concrete fortified tunnels.  No, I am accepting the propaganda.  Whatever your  sympathy for the arab people is, this does not justify murder of Thais and that poor Indian lady.  I doubt you will find much sympathy for  your position  amongst non muslim Thais. Thailand lives with indiscriminate violence and murder too.

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Patong2021 said:

Terrible logic that you have.

Because of civil matter dispute, you argue that firing 3000+ missiles indiscriminately is justified and that murder of 2 innocent Thais is acceptable. No it is not.   A place where they complain of restrictions on cement but can build 100kms of concrete fortified tunnels.  No, I am accepting the propaganda.  Whatever your  sympathy for the arab people is, this does not justify murder of Thais and that poor Indian lady.  I doubt you will find much sympathy for  your position  amongst non muslim Thais. Thailand lives with indiscriminate violence and murder too.

Forcibly removing multiple families from their lifelong homes to steal their property isn't a civil matter dispute.  Neither was firing teargas canisters and rubber bullets into a crowd of worshipers who were being prevented from praying on the holiest night of the year (if Palestinians somehow prevented Israelis from accessing the Western Wall on Yom Kippur, I don't think that they'd respect too peacefully btw)

The fact that you read what was an extremely logical and unbiased explanation of the situation and 1) interpreted it to mean that he was justifying the deaths of the two Thais and 2) somehow went on the offensive solely because this poster didn't put 100% of the blame on the Palestinians shows just how brainwashed and unrealistic you are. And what sucks is that there are so many people who act this way

10 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Yeah.

The same reason American people don't want to be farm workers.

I don't ever recall seeing "access to a bomb shelter" as a requirement for suitable working conditions for American farm workers.  Maybe there is another problem there... 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Yes. Of course if it isn't happening already Thai workers being recruited if they aren't aware already should be informed of the potential war risks in that region. 

Not to make light of it, but their risk of death in this manner,  I’m willing to bet, is much less than their risk of a traffic death in Thailand.  

2 hours ago, KP67 said:

I don't ever recall seeing "access to a bomb shelter" as a requirement for suitable working conditions for American farm workers.  Maybe there is another problem there... 

American farm workers? I was talking about migrant farm workers. No bomb shelters but long walks in the desert aren't exactly a garden party.

There is one surprising trait common to almost all those in the West who are so impassioned in their defense of the Hamas dictatorship launching thousands of missiles at Arab, Jewish, and Christian civilians that they are willing to denounce anyone who dares to disagree with them as brainwashed.

That surprising trait is their laziness.

Despite frantically signaling their virtue at every opportunity, they are almost never aware of the facts of any complex issue. With no awareness of or interest in the actual details, they simply launch into the same basic justification that they apply to any warcrime against Israeli civilians.

There is no point arguing with them. They have no interest in facts. They clearly prefer to receive their marching orders from Twitter rather than read books and actually think about complex issues. They are simply pawns, manipulated into a furious certainty by people far more intelligent than they.

Some grow out of this with time and life experience. Some might eventually become people worth engaging with and learning from. Most, however, will stay stuck in place for the rest of their pitiful lives, their dramatic rage becoming evermore ridiculous as they age, like torn Socialist Worker posters fading in the sun.