Foreigners in Thailand can register for vaccine from June 7

2 minutes ago, TigerandDog said:

"This is because Thailand does not have a central database for foreigners residing in the kingdom, with data spread across multiple agencies. "

Yes they do, it's called Immigration.

I think the "real" reason Thailand flip-flopped on making an app for farangs is not because of no central database to verify farang registration data against, but because Thailand felt the app would have major problems such as many farangs trying to use it would just be rejected....create a ton of bad press....loss of face for the govt and Thai people.  So, the govt is  playing it safe to protect face.

1 minute ago, Pib said:

I think the "real" reason Thailand flip-flopped on making an app for farangs is not because of no central database to verify farang registration data against, but because Thailand felt the app would have major problems such as many farangs trying to use it would just be rejected....create a ton of bad press....loss of face for the govt and Thai people.  So, the govt is  playing it safe to protect face.

Number of Farangs does not warrant the development of an app.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Happy days. Just wonder how long after the 7th June any of us will actually get the jab and if we will have any say in which one we get.

It’s free, so it’s take it or leave it - up to you

If you wish to select a manufacturer based on what Facebook experts recommend, you will need to wait and pay at a future date unknown as yet

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Thaifly88 said:

How many jabs (appointments) will be required and will they give us a vaccine certificate/ passport on completion, that we will need for future travel

Both current vaccines require 2 shots spaced a month to 3 apart.

Certificate is issued free - believe there is a small (50 baht?) cost for passport type.

From the Bangkok Hospital "line" account...  Still requires registration via the morphom app with Thai ID number.  But specifically calls out Astra Zeneca as what will be used for those interested.   Perhaps official foreigner registration at the hospital will happen soon.

https://www.bangkokhospital.com/content/book-a-vaccination-in-application-morphom

Screen Shot 2021-05-22 at 11.21.23.png

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Public hospitals?

Private hospitals?

Both?

All hospitals?

Have the hospitals been informed?

Note the requirement if using  passport that the hospital have your medical records.

What if they don't?

Living in France with thai wife ,everybody has to register ,and you have to be on the French medical system ,yes its free ,local to us done in sports centre ,they make no difference  ,if your white /Black /Arab /or Asian. .make no difference   ,the system is good ,they go by age. ,older people first. ,my Loas friends due to being very old where first ,,,,,,,,,,,, i do note. lot people moan about thailand  that live there. , if there no happy and moan all the time about thai government  maybe the should return to the west ,pay tax ,property tax ,high living cost ,,

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wullie Mercer said:

Number of Farangs does not warrant the development of an app.

Oh come on!!!  There are around 3 million foreigners in Thailand with migrant workers, expats, retirees, etc.    For the last month the govt was talking development of an app for foreigners, but they apparently decided (i.e., flip flopped again) that it  would be problem prone (a.k.a., cause loss of face).  Heck, they have had many problems with their Thai language app.

1 hour ago, Pib said:

Foreigners, not farangs.

20 hours ago, dcsw53 said:

We're ahead of the game. I registered at Pattaya Memorial Hospital on Wednesday, Jab will be Moderna done in October.

At last some positive news from Pattaya !!

I wouldn't put my house on that if I were you ????????

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Public hospitals?

Private hospitals?

Both?

All hospitals?

Have the hospitals been informed?

Note the requirement if using  passport that the hospital have your medical records.

What if they don't?

The Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) briefing in English on Friday or Saturday mentioned that a list of "designated" hospitals will be published soon.   As usual, the comment was ambiguous as to WHEN  the list will actually be published or other specifics, so I guess we just have to keep checking the daily CCSA briefings to find out.

IMO, the daily Official CCSA briefings in English are really the only reliable source of "official" information.  The CCSA spokesman is very fluent in English and presents information clearly and concisely.  If information is not announced on the CCSA daily briefings then it should not be spread here on the forum as it only makes an already confusing situation even more so.

The official source of information in English that is most helpful is probably The PR Thai Government facebook page

The easiest way to see the daily CCSA briefings in English is through the ThaiPBS YouTube channel, and clicking on this link will show the playlist that includes the latest updates.

The Government Public Relations Department of the Office of the Prime Minister is another source of "official" real time press releases.

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SheungWan said:

Go and pay for an annual checkup and you will be registered. Take passport.

I don't need an annual check-up, I don't need medicine, I just want to register for a vaccine... is that asking too much?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, heyx2rr said:

From the Bangkok Hospital "line" account...  Still requires registration via the morphom app with Thai ID number.  But specifically calls out Astra Zeneca as what will be used for those interested.   Perhaps official foreigner registration at the hospital will happen soon.

https://www.bangkokhospital.com/content/book-a-vaccination-in-application-morphom

Screen Shot 2021-05-22 at 11.21.23.png

Thanks, I'll look into that.

Does anyone know if you register for a private hospital, can you change your mind and get the faster government one?

1 hour ago, PEE TEE said:

Only for Samui goes to show how many different post for different provinces   

Clusterf**** as usual. In the end you'll have to install 5 applications and register on 10 line accounts....

3 hours ago, Gandtee said:

'Foreigners will need to register with either their social security number or passport number to receive the free vaccination.'                                                       This is ambiguous. Does it mean those with Social Security numbers will receive it free and those with only a passport will have to pay?             

No it is not.... 'either' here means one or the other 

Edited by jacko45k

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Does anyone know if you register for a private hospital, can you change your mind and get the faster government one?

If you are talking using the Doctors Ready app on LINE you can select "any" hospital (private or govt) when initially scheduling or rescheduling your appt.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sandyf said:

What facts do you have to support the claim that Immigration uses a central database.

It would make administrative sense for VE, migrants, extensions etc to be on separate databases.

The quote was,

"Thailand does not have a central database for foreigners residing in the kingdom,"

Well, the first and last step of every foreign citizen entering or leaving Thailand is Immigration. So it would make sense they keep records about this

8 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

FYI, the CCSA has made it clear a number of times in briefings during the past week that the MorProm is NOT intended for foreigners, only for Thai Nationals, and that any foreigner who managed to sign up with a Pink Card will NOT receive a vaccination in June even if they received a confirmation. 

They further elaborated that an app designed specifically for foreigners is in the works.  They also stated that foreigners will be allowed to sign up in person at "designated" hospitals beginning on June 7, and stated that a list of "designated" hospitals will soon be published.

So, if you really want factual information, watch the daily CCSA briefings in English .

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Pib said:

If you are talking using the Doctors Ready app on LINE you can select "any" hospital (private or govt) when initially scheduling or rescheduling your appt.

Right, but I am thinking of registering with the private but having the option to walk in to the govt. one if it is soon.

16 hours ago, mancub said:

Seems the "smart" BMW's can't communicate with each other.

Don't mention this scam. I already get upset if I see those ridiculous "Commando" Tesla Cars of the police in Bangkok.