Honey Pot raided for serving alcohol to foreigners

Jonathan Fairfield

1621668756_1-org.jpeg

The manager of the Honey Pot bar in Rawai was charged with breach of the COVID-19 restrictions in place. Photo: Jarung Taochan

By Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: Phuket officials together with Chalong police last night (May 21) raided the Honey Pot bar in Rawai and charged the manager for serving alcohol to foreigners.

Chalong Police, led by Capt Suchart Soonthornmatcha, raided the bar in Moo 2, Rawai, at about 10:20pm. 

Joining the raid were Territorial Defense Volunteers, led by Rawai subdistrict chief (Kamnan) Jarung Taochan.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/honey-pot-raided-for-serving-alcohol-to-foreigners-80085.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-05-23

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

8 officers in the photo, how many more involved in this arrest? Slow News day.  I saw Thai vendors at the beach on Chaweng Samui yesterday selling beer to anyone openly.  Right next to Seen Beach Club. Nothing happened to them and they didn't seem to be hiding anything...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Unify said:

This place sits in the open, where you can easily see it from the road. Every time I've gone by recently, I could see people sitting in there. Sometimes people were playing pool. I wondered how they were getting away with it.

Then, the place next door got raided and shut down. Did they not see the writing on the wall?

I dont think they shut it down I saw lights on and some people sitting there

6 hours ago, Thechook said:

And in Australia liquor stores have remained open as they are considered essential just like supermarkets

Completely pointless and irrelevant post. But two people thought it worth a like....................... Shakes head. 

22 hours ago, Wiggy said:

Pity they didn’t do that in Thonglor a few weeks back. 

Pitty the Thonglorians weren't stupid enough to serve and consume alcohol in an open-air restaurant on the main road through the district in plain view of anyone passing by.

20 hours ago, FitnessHealthTravel said:

8 officers in the photo, how many more involved in this arrest? Slow News day.  I saw Thai vendors at the beach on Chaweng Samui yesterday selling beer to anyone openly.  Right next to Seen Beach Club. Nothing happened to them and they didn't seem to be hiding anything...

Serving alcohol in restaurants is illegal...not selling it for consumption elsewhere.. 

6 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Serving alcohol in restaurants is illegal...not selling it for consumption elsewhere.. 

Im not sure that place is a restaurant it used to be just a bar, unless they have added a kitchen to it recently 

• Like 1