Covid vax: If you want Moderna at private hospital you'll have to wait until October

webfact

24 minutes ago, connda said:

Numbers are quantifiable.  Here's the number's from Moderna's own site (www.modernatx.com).  People considering the shot need to weight the risks and benefits from themselves and make an informed decision.  Nobody but the recipient of the vaccine can make the final decision that "the benefits outweigh the risks." Nor can anyone but the recipient make the final decision that the vaccine is "safe" from them.  Only the recipient bears the ultimate risk.

From Moderna's site:

• The Moderna COVID‑19 Vaccine has not been approved or licensed by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA), but has been authorized for emergency use by FDA, under an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA), to prevent Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID‑19) for use in individuals 18 years of age and older. There is no FDA-approved vaccine to prevent COVID‑19.
  • The EUA for the Moderna COVID‑19 Vaccine is in effect for the duration of the COVID‑19 EUA declaration justifying emergency use of the product, unless the declaration is terminated or the authorization is revoked sooner.

In clinical studies, the adverse reactions in participants 18 years of age and older were:

• Pain at the injection site (92.0%)
  • Fatigue (70.0%)
  • Headache (64.7%)
  • Myalgia (61.5%)
  • Arthralgia (46.4%)
  • Chills (45.4%)
  • Nausea/vomiting (23.0%)
  • Axillary swelling/tenderness (19.8%)
  • Fever (15.5%)
  • Swelling at the injection site (14.7%)
  • Erythema at the injection site (10.0%).

Additional data regarding adverse reactions can be found at the CDC's Vaccine Adverse Event Recording System (VEARS).
It's up to each individual to educate themselves, understand the risks, and make an informed decision for themselves. 

https://wonder.cdc.gov/vaers.html

Edited by connda

3 hours ago, webfact said:

The Thai government has promised all ... foreigners that they can register and receive vaccination provided by them well before this, notes Thaivisa.

Ha! On the Pattaya forum it's reported that a farang went to the main Banglamung government hospital to try and register for a vaccine. No, we can only register Thai people! So he showed them the article telling us to get registered ASAP, which made them think a bit. but they still refused to register him and instead told him to make a booking via the QueQue app. What a fiasco this has become, and even if you manage to register it seems you'll be given either leftover Sinovac, as in Phuket, or else a ... dose of AZ (12 doses out of a 10-dose vial).

• Like 2

Quite amusing how some talk about some vaccines being 'trendier' than others, what an utter mess this world has become. I despair in the world today, if it wasn't for my kids I wouldn't give 2 hoots if I was gone tomorrow. What would I miss exactly? England winning the Euro's ????

Fwiw, I'll wait until October for the Moderna gig, as that sounds the coolest one out there. it's not as if I'll be going anywhere what with the world being closed.

• Like 2

I registered on their line application yesterday. Even though I could not fill the Thai ID number, it still went through. They said they'll contact me later to give me a possible date and how to pay. I expect to get the how to pay very much sooner than the actual confirmed date. I'm actually thinking the payment requirement will come as soon as today 555

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Fromas said:

This is a common misconception.

The vials contain excess amounts. With careful draws on the syringe, and by using syringes with less dead space (e.g. thinner gauge), you can waste less. It's a PITA and less than ideal, but you can get more out of the vial.

This is NOT about diluting the vaccine or injecting smaller doses.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low_dead_space_syringe

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, connda said:

Numbers are quantifiable.  Here's the number's from Moderna's own site (www.modernatx.com).  People considering the shot need to weight the risks and benefits from themselves and make an informed decision.  Nobody but the recipient of the vaccine can make the final decision that "the benefits outweigh the risks." Nor can anyone but the recipient make the final decision that the vaccine is "safe" from them.  Only the recipient bears the ultimate risk.

From Moderna's site:

• The Moderna COVID‑19 Vaccine has not been approved or licensed by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA), but has been authorized for emergency use by FDA, under an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA), to prevent Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID‑19) for use in individuals 18 years of age and older. There is no FDA-approved vaccine to prevent COVID‑19.
  • The EUA for the Moderna COVID‑19 Vaccine is in effect for the duration of the COVID‑19 EUA declaration justifying emergency use of the product, unless the declaration is terminated or the authorization is revoked sooner.

https://www.modernatx.com/covid19vaccine-eua/providers/clinical-trial-data

"In clinical studies, the adverse reactions in participants 18 years of age and older were:

• Pain at the injection site (92.0%)
  • Fatigue (70.0%)
  • Headache (64.7%)
  • Myalgia (61.5%)
  • Arthralgia (46.4%)
  • Chills (45.4%)
  • Nausea/vomiting (23.0%)
  • Axillary swelling/tenderness (19.8%)
  • Fever (15.5%)
  • Swelling at the injection site (14.7%)
  • Erythema at the injection site (10.0%).

Solicited local and systemic adverse reactions reported following administration of Moderna COVID‑19 Vaccine had a median duration of 1 to 3 days."

The same list of adverse reactions apply to the influenza vaccines and pneumonia vaccines with some very serious ones occurring with the latter.

Despite the negative attitude to the more available inactivated component vaccines they present lesser identified risks than the recombinant forms although with acknowledged lower total efficacy.

The as yet unclarified issue about associated risk of  blood clots with the recombinant vaccines remains very rare compared to a much greater risk from being infected with covid-19 .

IMO if people in general are so willing to be sceptical then perhaps they should question why there is so little attention given to rare but also existing serious adverse reactions to the mRNA vaccines that so many have been convinced to consider as the Holy Grail of medicine !

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I am more inclined to stay home as I do now..... 

If the numbers out there warrant opening up due to low infections, they will go ahead without my input!

I was social distancing long before covid came along.

Thats why I was happy to move to a rural village with a population of 6000.

We live at the edge of the village and the soi turns into a dirt farmers track after our house.

The most dangerous thing we do is a twice weekly trip to our local Big C for shopping.

Still no reported covid with a 20 k radius. 

The front line workers at our local hospital have had sinovac but that's about it so far although they are starting with the elderly soon.

Wife has registered us at a private hospital and they will contact us when they have any vaccine other than sinovac.

I feel sorry for those living in Bangkok or other high risk areas and wish them luck in getting a vaccine asap.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fromas said:

Private importation is potentially illegal. The bigger private hospitals would never risk it. Soi clinics on the other hand?

And you wonder what kind of faked up certificate they'll be issuing. If they're not licensed, I see coffins.

1 hour ago, BKKTRAVELER said:

I registered on their line application yesterday. Even though I could not fill the Thai ID number, it still went through. They said they'll contact me later to give me a possible date and how to pay. I expect to get the how to pay very much sooner than the actual confirmed date. I'm actually thinking the payment requirement will come as soon as today 555

Sorry, who did you register with? And what was their Line app? Sure it wasn't for bitcoin?

I am healthy but definitely not young.  I am closer to 60 then 50.   The biggest reason for getting vaccinated as soon as possible is the desire to travel internationally.  I could be wrong but it appears crossing borders could be easier for those who have been fully  vaccinated.  Also, the 15 days in a hotel in BKK after I came back from the USA in February gives me even more motivation to get vaccinated.  I never want to experience the joys of Quarantine ever again. I will be going back to Los Angeles  soon in order to get vaccinated with the  Pfizer vaccine and face the prospect of another 15 days in a hotel in BKK but at least then I could have other options in other lands?  But I could be completely wrong and being vaccinated could amount to nothing.  

Who knows?  Only time will tell.  The smart people could turn out to be those who stay in LOS and wait for the Moderna or other vaccines(that is whenever they become available??)  

4 minutes ago, Kaopad999 said:

this is all becoming very boring now. 
All the time talk, talk talk, and then  what? 
wake me up again in 6 months... ????

I fear in 6 months entry restrictions situation will be same or worse.  With Thailand to sacrifice  another high season on the altar of "zero tolerance for covid-19" as the world moves on.

4 hours ago, WineOh said:

This tells me all I need to know about what brand of Jab will be offered to me on June 7th.

I was gonna turn up at the hospital nice and early & in my Sunday best....

Now I don't think i'll bother.

It will be Sinovac or nothing for us farangs.
Like it or lump it.

good enough for Soi dog, good enough for Falang.

13 minutes ago, worldview said:

This is just another stalling gambit of the government - As I have mentioned before, if Thailand really wants to rejuvenate its tourism and business sectors, it needs to vaccinate everyone ASAP! - the only way to do this is to allow the importation of any and all approved vaccines (Pfizer and Moderna already have their Thai FDA EUA) - the only ones that benefit from the foot dragging is SiamPharma and the government coffers - Zuellig is not the roadblock here - it is the government - the government must think people are stupid not to see through their duplicity

elites fly to Falang land and get J&J

27 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

I am healthy but definitely not young.  I am closer to 60 then 50.   The biggest reason for getting vaccinated as soon as possible is the desire to travel internationally.  I could be wrong but it appears crossing borders could be easier for those who have been fully  vaccinated.  Also, the 15 days in a hotel in BKK after I came back from the USA in February gives me even more motivation to get vaccinated.  I never want to experience the joys of Quarantine ever again. I will be going back to Los Angeles  soon in order to get vaccinated with the  Pfizer vaccine and face the prospect of another 15 days in a hotel in BKK but at least then I could have other options in other lands?  But I could be completely wrong and being vaccinated could amount to nothing.  

Who knows?  Only time will tell.  The smart people could turn out to be those who stay in LOS and wait for the Moderna or other vaccines(that is whenever they become available??)  

why not fly direct into Phuket and spend 7 days in a hotel of your choosing, 1$ a night on the beach rather than 14 days in prison hotel in BKK?

Edited by malibukid