PHOTOS: French expats in Thailand receive COVID-19 vaccinations

Jonathan Fairfield

2 minutes ago, chilly07 said:

And the UK has dispatched a Navy task force to Thailand who have cavernous hangers to bring vaccines. The Embassy was quick to vaccinate all staff and employees at the Embassy but couldn't care less about it's expats!

so did the America, all their staff are vac

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

I wish the Aussie government will follow suit, they have no qualms in bringing hundreds of so called "new Aussies" some infected with the Indian variant already, and quarantine them for free while other true Aussies are left behind to fend for themselves...

How many "new Ausies" are entering Australia every day? And what does Australia's immigration policy got to do with Aussies living in Thailand? And do you pay tax the the Australian government? None, I bet. They owe you nothing. 

• Sad 1

All the while the Swiss Ambassadrice threw a cash check of CHF 200'000 towards Anutin some 15 months ago - for pure popularity reasons. 
They now came, like lame ducks, and offered a society of almost 10'000 compatriots some twenty free Astra Zeneca vaccinations on a first come first serve basis - in Bangkok only. 

CHF 10'000 per person - quite an achievement, even for the Swiss ???? Well, I leave it up to the Swiss to work on that ....... 

Now the questions are how many doses did France send to Thailand and how many were dedicated to French nationals, and most importantly if the numbers don't match, what happened to the remainder of the vaccines not directed towards the French.  

My understanding is that France sent Johnson & Johnson and so far, I have not seen any sign up for Thai's to get the J&J vaccine.  What a mystery. 

• Like 1

Im expecting the UK embassy to announce free vaccination for all their expats shortly.

Subject to a certification letter obtainable from the consular section for 200 quid in local currency (based on 65 baht to the pound). 

Ambassador?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Golden Triangle said:

I have just sent an email to the Prime Minister via the cabinet office, you are allowed a maximum of a 1000 characters, enough to get the point across, I also informed them that the Bangkok hospital group has hospitals in 40 major cities in Thailand & reminded them that they have promised spare vaccines to poorer countries and that we should be included ????

I don't however expect a response, so get on yer keyboards people ????????????????

Thank you for your message.

Please note that the Prime Minister’s Office is a part of the Cabinet Office, a Government Department.  If you wish to contact the Prime Minister in his capacity as the Leader of the Conservative Party, you should instead contact the Conservative Party, at https://www.conservatives.com/contact.

Please confirm the message by clicking on the following link: https:/

Above is the auto reply I have received, as I say I won't hold my breath on a reply.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, BobinBKK said:

All made possible by the Americans that liberated them from Nazi Germany. As I have many American relatives that fought for their freedom in WWI and WWII let me be the first to say "you're welcome"...

Huh?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Golden Triangle said:

But they are not interested are they.

Why should they? We turned our backs on our mother country in the hope of having a better life here and when things go tits up we criticize them because they don't help us. Will 'GoFundMe' help?

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

You make far too many incorrect assumptions in your reply, don't label people when you know nothing about them. 

What 'assumptions'?

4 minutes ago, John Drake said:

the "mother country" gave them such miserable prospects for retirement

I did well. And that's with a 'local government' pension.

Edited by IvorBiggun2

19 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Why should they? We turned our backs on our mother country in the hope of having a better life here and when things go tits up we criticize them because they don't help us. Will 'GoFundMe' help?

Can I have my tax money back then?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

They could do one step better and allow the Thai wives of their citizens over 55 to get jabbed with a decent vaccine. Then allow the kids next. USA may be falling short here but at least they over in the USA don't discriminate and give it to everyone.

In France too, it's given to all, free of charge

I could post a photograph of me getting my 1st free vaccination 4 days prior to our French colleagues, without the largess of the British government. And I only had to go 10kls for it.

But I wouldn't want to rub it in. ????

1 minute ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Of course it is.

You obviously didn't read my post, if you did you would have worked out that I was born there so don't send me stuff that's not relevant to try and save face.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Probably the French did it to p$#@ off the Americans. They succeeded.

Personally I didn't pay tax back home since many years and I don't expect that my home country provides any service to me while I am in Thailand.

It's paid by french Social Security System, not by taxes (government budget), even if it's almost the same

Getting a vaccine would help you'd think, but there are reports that people are getting sick even after they are vaccinated.   Don't think you can relax and hug everyone you meet. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1