U-turn! Plans for five day July holiday are OFF as Thai government DON'T want you to travel after all

webfact

1 hour ago, poohy said:

I presume you are joking (i hope) Anyway if anyone came back from Bangkok around here i am pretty sure they would get a very unpleasant  reception

Sorry ?.

Why would I be joking and Iam not coming "back from Bangkok"... where ever it is you may be located.

I also have no issue giving an unpleasant welcome to an unpleasant reception.

Edited by Ralf001
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

indeed i am going to call one of those hotels to see how it goes.

i also emailed thai embassy and called many times, but they do not answer

if i will not get a clear picture by tomorrow i will cancell my trip

just called one of the SHA+ hotels and they do not know what i am talking about

and asked me to email the reservation department.

so only tomorrow the reservation officers will come back to office and if they

are not hangover from last night they might find my email.

from the embassy there is no reply.

so the conclusion is that they expect me to buy an air ticker and hotel room, without

being sure about how can i get the PCR tests payment in advance...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

But that horse bolted this past week with the Lockdown in BKK and the other provinces that started Monday.  Folks bailed over the weekend knowing it was coming and some bailed out last week when they heard and realized it was more than likely a go, especially the foreign migrant workers.  On top of that companies packed up those that were undocumented and trucked them out disposing them on the road elsewhere so they would not be caught with them in the housing or in the construction camp.

Thanks for info, hope no-one comes our village any unknown person is treat like a leper, no where to stay anyway.

• Like 1

I really don't get the reactions on tv.... You were all moaning about stupid holidays and say that people may not travel. 

Now they do as you all said, and again you're complaining. Is it ever good? 

At least they give 1 month notice. As I know Thailand, this could also been done last minute. Whoever pays the most expensive way to travel and pay hotel already in advance are just stupid under these circumstances. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Yet the sandbox and tourists from abroad are OK?  Do we live in a nuthouse here or what?

To fix the ecomomy of Thailand, there has to be an influx of money from abroad. I have heard that exports are going well, but that may just be hot smoke.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, crazykopite said:

I would imagine the only people taking advantage are the elite of Bangkok who have most probably have made millions from this pandemic not your everyday worker who are in debt up to there eyeballs 

And how have the elite made millions from the pandemic, that they wouldn’t otherwise have made ?

• Like 1

In any system there are a number of element. Two of those elements are "monitoring "  and "adjustment" 

Given the changing covid dynamics I don't see anything unusual in the government's reaction. 

Edited by sirineou
typo
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, webfact said:

Now the government doesn't want people to travel so they have cancelled the holiday

Will they call out the troops to block the roads to prevent Thais traveling, or is that reserved for foreigners?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Will they call out the troops to block the roads to prevent Thais traveling, or is that reserved for foreigners?

Believe in many places this is already under way via police checks..... 

9 hours ago, EricTh said:

At least the Thai government has learned its lesson. The Songkran festival was the cause of the third wave, do you want a fourth wave?

So why not cancel the Holidays on 26 and 28 July then? Just cancelling the extra middle day on 27 July will not make much difference.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

So why not cancel the Holidays on 26 and 28 July then? Just cancelling the extra middle day on 27 July will not make much difference.

Can't cancel the buddhist holiday or the leader of the countries birthday now can you.

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

no, becuase i must buy a flight and hotel room first, than the embassy will approve my COE than the hotel should contact me to talk about those PCR payment - and all this must be done when i plan to fly on sunday 4 of july...now i am sitting and thinking

if to risk my money (becuase once the flight is paid the money will not be returned)

and all this becuase of this stupid PCR receipts...

cant they trust us to pay for them cash in the hotel?

i am seriously thinking about cancelling my plan.

paid for the insurance tough///

And in case of a Positive PCR test, hospital , etc,etc, at your own cost and no refund of hotel....

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

So Monday and Wednesday remain holidays.

And people who work can take Tuesday as a personal holiday?

And can anyone travel? For the 3-day weekend?

All very confusing.

Honestly, this regime could throw a dart and hit themselves in the back of the head.

Yes, and then it would just bounce off  and land on the floor.