Thailand reports new daily record of 57 coronavirus deaths; 5,533 new cases

webfact

44 minutes ago, phills2k1 said:

So ignoring outdoor eating for a moment, are you saying that restaurants should allow indoor dining?

And prior to the Delta variant taking over, I 100% agreed that outdoor eating should've been allowed (as long as tables were spread out).  It's a whole new ballgame now and unfortunately outdoor dining should be closed as well.

Obviously shopping malls should be closed, and I don't think anyone else disagrees with that.  Regarding public transportation, unfortunately that can't be shut down as there are far too many people who rely on it. However, if the government enacts a TRUE lockdown (as so many of us have been striving for, which you of course had been opposed to), then the need for using becomes so small that it's not really an issue. 

That being said, people on the trains are masked.  When you're eating, inside or out, you're not masked

I disagree about shopping centers they should stay open, at least the supermarkets, mobile phone stuff (people need to pay bills) Banks should be open too. These things are essential especially  supermarkets. Mobile phones and computers too for the online learning. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Olmate said:

So tell us where were the Banglamung cases for eg.yesterday? 

You just quoted me saying that they don't usually give details on the Banglamung cases, so how would I know? I know quite a few cases have been linked to livestreams and parties around alcohol lately, that's about it. 5 people from those recent illegal bar raids have tested positive so far last I heard.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Who would be crazy enough to come to a country that is spiraling into a very sorry state.

Why do people think Thailand is unique, it wasn't called a global pandemic for nothing.

About 130K deaths in UK and about 2K in Thailand, but Thailand is the one in a sorry state - perspective?

It is wishful thinking to believe that the vaccination program will make people forget what has transpired over the last 15 months.

Britain has recorded a further 26,068 new cases of Covid-19, the highest daily number since late January.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/covid-uk-cases-record-high-b1875612.html

Prof Reicher added that when restrictions are ditched - a step the government currently has pencilled in for 19 July - infections need to be at a much lower level, test and trace needs to work more effectively, and further support is still needed for people who need to self-isolate.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/covid-lockdown-professor-stephen-reicher-b1875301.html

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I insulted you saying your replies are from the car salesman manual.

They are much more slippery...straight from Politician's handbook. 

AKA Yes Minister handbook.

When confronted with simple question NEVER give a direct answer.

"I thought my view on this was clear"

Not clear to me, however will put your answer down as "Yes, schools should be opened" 

See it isn't hard.

What is difficult to understand from the first word of my reply, which was "yes"?  Or are you being deliberately obtuse?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, robblok said:

@brewsterbudgen

At least your not campaigning for opening of the nightlife like so many selfish expats. In your case there is at least sympathy as a child his or her  education is important.

But right now its not the right time with ever rising cases. Unless your ok with your kid coming back and giving the virus to you.

I'm not OK with it, but it's a risk I am prepared to take.  At least I will build up some anti-bodies.  I'm still going in to work every day and doing 1:1 examining, so there is also some risk in that.

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Ohyesuare said:

You just quoted me saying that they don't usually give details on the Banglamung cases, so how would I know? I know quite a few cases have been linked to livestreams and parties around alcohol lately, that's about it. 5 people from those recent illegal bar raids have tested positive so far last I heard.

So you dont read thetimelines in PattayaNews! Ok  got it.

1 minute ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Who has said they do? Is that your feeling sandy? It isn't mine.

The rest of your post would be credible if there was comprehensive testing. If you really believe and trust the figures here on the deaths and COVID cases I would agree with you but i don't.

How much is a test in the UK? Its free.

When you have to pay for testing here and have draconian consequences the whole situation is worthless.

The point of looking at the official numbers is that some official data is instructive in knowing the future short term development of the epidemic.

16 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I'm not OK with it, but it's a risk I am prepared to take.  At least I will build up some anti-bodies.  I'm still going in to work every day and doing 1:1 examining, so there is also some risk in that.

Yes but it adds an extra risk and you might be ok with it but it depends on the majority of people not just you. I think the majority and the PM think the risk is too big. You might feel its an ok risk but others don't then majority rules.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Compare the death rates. 

14 in UK and 57 in Thailand.

We are just getting started in Thailand. A majority of people in the UK have been vaccinated. This is not the case in Thailand. 

In addition, the UK continues to proactively test, while Thailand doesn't, hence the disparity in numbers.

What is strange is that the UK has a higher vaccination level then the Netherlands yet the Netherlands have 0 deaths for a while now.

Did the UK only use astra or a combination of vaccines ? Just trying to understand the difference. 

43 minutes ago, Olmate said:

So you dont read thetimelines in PattayaNews! Ok  got it.

From yesterday’s PattayaNews:

The district-level new cases were as follows today:

Mueang Chonburi 40, Si Racha 76, Banglamung 49, Panat Nikhom 9, Sattahip 6, Ban Bueang 12, Pan Thong 6, Bor Thong 4, Ko Chan 1, and 5 new cases transferred from other provinces for medical care.

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/06/30/chonburi-announces-208-new-and-confirmed-cases-of-covid-19-with-one-new-death/

Construction workers in Banglamung, 3 cases

I think Ohyesuare would like to know details of the other 46 cases found in Banglamung.

Shopping centers = malls and the like 

As we’ve been saying for months, as has been the case in all of the countries with a plan, everything should be closed but essential services, like markets, banks and hardware/home goods stores

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, phills2k1 said:

Hope you didn’t pull a muscle reaching to make shopping centers mean supermarkets and banks 

Did not pull a muscle during the first lockdown only supermarkets some IT stuff (deemed needed for home working) and banks were open in the shopping centers. All essential servies. I am not advocating total opening of everything in malls. 

• Like 1

This slow motion train wreck is fascinating to watch but I'm getting burned out on the ins and outs and details. If my PCR test on 7/12 is as desired, it all becomes moot and my departure on 15 will be a forgone conclusion. Then the question is, will Thailand be feasible in Dec. when my Non-O rolls over? If not, I let it expire and see what happens next year. But I do hope something good happens.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ron jeremy said:

You can be assured the numbers are 10 fold

More useful to know whether the numbers were roughly 10 fold several months ago as well.

I don't think anyone believes the recent numbers look promising, which is not exactly compatible with the idea the government will only release numbers that look palatable.

57 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I can understand your frustration.

You are saying that you accept the risk.  But does that entitle you to dictate, or pass on that risk to others?  Maybe others are more vulnerable?

Essentially you are thinking of yourself- I understand why though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, robblok said:

What is strange is that the UK has a higher vaccination level then the Netherlands yet the Netherlands have 0 deaths for a while now.

There were 4 yesterday!

One on the 27th.....

5 on the 25th

Edited by jacko45k

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

There were 4 yesterday!

One on the 27th.....

Ah ok the other poster said 14.. that is a big difference 4 comparable given the 4x larger population. Been close zero for a while in the Netherlands. But we are still not close to you guys level of vaccination. Lets hope for both our countries it keeps getting better.

657 cases yesterday not too bad for a country with a lot of testing. Life is starting again.