Health ministry faces public backlash after suggesting people wear masks at home

webfact

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Don't wish to rub it in but if she was in UK, Oz, etc she would not face discrimination.

No...but she might be dead or in hospital. Look at the number of people that have died from Covid in the uk, and even the number of cases there now compared to Thailand.

1 minute ago, jak2002003 said:

No...but she might be dead or in hospital. Look at the number of people that have died from Covid in the uk, and even the number of cases there now compared to Thailand.

Completely unrelated. The focus was of refusing or putting to end of queue non Thai for vaccination. 

Don't drift.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

“If we still have to wear masks even when inside the safe vicinity of our own homes, how are we supposed to be living now?” tweeted one person.

In a sense I can see the outrage, but then again do they expect the infection to stop at the front door and not come inside?

Many singular people have gone home to give to to the family.

• Like 1

Anutin and his minions strike again????

Why stop at that, why not insist on wearing one while in the shower?

Or can always use this thing called a brain and close down the markets which have been the source of many outbreaks.

But personally i prefer the first option, mask at home, in the shower and while eating. New way of eating through a straw, Thai 4.0 NEW NORMAL

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Better off wearing a gas mask as a face mask will not help, even an N95 wont do the job.  Better to use some Vick's Vapor-rub under your nose like I used to have to use when we went to view autopsy's.

Careful, you've just given TAT a new tourist suggestion, along the lines of prison visits !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Anutin's home and office should be completely wired with CCTV camera's that are accessible to the public so that he can provide the country with a role model of the behavior he and his (absurd) ministry are suggesting.
If you haven't noticed this is the type of nonsense (non + sense) that totalitarians engage in to repress the public.  I guarantee that not one of the "elite" government officials wear masks except when in public.

6 minutes ago, ArcticFox said:

Anutin's home and office should be completely wired with CCTV camera's that are accessible to the public so that he can provide the country with a role model of the behavior he and his (absurd) ministry are suggesting.
If you haven't noticed this is the type of nonsense (non + sense) that totalitarians engage in to repress the public.  I guarantee that not one of the "elite" government officials wear masks except when in public.

His home is a MASSIVE ranch with heli pad and private runaway among many other things such as tennis courts and everything else you can imagine, Its almost the size of a city ????

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SuwadeeS said:

Do not forget to wear a mask when go to bed.

Who knows, who you will meet in your dreams.

????????????

I normally meet devil or a demon, but we try to keep it all hetro

3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

You Sir are 100% correct

Are you both seeing a cheap way to feel good? There are many non whites in both countries that add tremendous value , and I bet you both are cheap pensioners on the take ( handouts) . And feel great in Thailand where the locals are trained to have an inferiority complex. Making you both think you are superior?

digressing from masks...

• Confused 3
  • Sad 4

Of course the people are angry. I am angry. Who isn't angry at these feeble incompetents? Do you know how you stop the spread of Covid? Not by wearing masks at home, and treating this as a zombie apocalypse. By shutting down seafood markets, when there are 900 cases in one day, setting up a 2 km. perimeter, and forbidding ANYONE to come and go, and by testing and quarantining those who are infected. 

And by shutting down construction sites, before this happens. Why let them stay open? Are real estate developers above the law? If you know these are clusters, why did you not do anything? And if you do decide to shut them down, you do not announce it days in advance, giving super spreaders a chance to leave, and spread their infections all over the nation. You visit the sites with qualified personnel, you do some testing, and you lock up infected people! 

So, stop with the nonsense. Stop telling us how to live our lives. Start behaving responsibly, start doing your jobs, and start to address this, rather than yakking about it nonstop. Do something. Do anything. You guys are a blight on the nation, and the degree to which you are all unqualified simply boggles the mind. 

You must go. You must get out now. You are saboteurs of the future of this nation. You all must resign. The nation needs serious people, during this emergency. Out with the dinosaur creeps! In with the far more intelligent and capable youth. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

In the car at home, in your bed...... wear a mask ... even if you are alone at home, don't lower your protection..And Prayuth will wwatch you and take care of you. The Czar has everything under control. In 1789 the people in France did the right thing. The people should follow that example

I have a whetstone if Madame La Guillotine is in need of a quick honing.

4 hours ago, 2long said:

Has anyone considered that for smokers, where it's illegal to smoke at home and compulsory to wear a mask outside of home... have they all quit or are breaking the law?

Nobody breaks any laws  in  Thailand,  known  fact????

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, webfact said:

“If we still have to wear masks even when inside the safe vicinity of our own homes, how are we supposed to be living now?” tweeted one person.

More to the point , do i have to wear one when I'm having it away with the wife ? Or does she just have to turn round and face the headboard ? 

17 minutes ago, DiJoDavO said:

My god, who would've thought that most Covid infections happened at home rather than on the beach in the burning sun? 

You know what happens..... take away the beach and the burning sun and perhaps most infections start to occur someplace else.....maybe at home. Who would have thought it?

4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

The GF wants to get vaccinated but being from Myanmar she is having a hell of a time getting registered,

Personally I shall not be vaccinated until I am confident that all peoples in this country are being vaccinated equally based upon age and infection risks irrespective of race, nationality, visa status etc. 

This is my stand against the rife discrimination in Thailand. 

Let the Thai people be aware that I am equally capable of spreading covid as they are/have been as the virus knows nothing of the passport I carry. 

I hope you are doing the same in support of your GF. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Crossy said:

And they are going to enforce this how exactly?

Bring on the Telescreens https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telescreen

6786763.jpg.36bb8707e0f24455de0763da902ee82b.jpg

Meanwhile one wonders why the header photo is of a BTS security guard assisting a blind passenger?

You don't understand Thailand. Someone has issued an order, and so they have done their job. They do not know or care how and if such an order is carried out. That isn't their job.

10 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

More to the point , do i have to wear one when I'm having it away with the wife ? Or does she just have to turn round and face the headboard ? 

Have you put yellow tape boxes on the bed like they have taped inside of elevators for people to stay away from each other and face the walls.

The more I read of the pronouncements of this bunch, the more convinced I am that there must, somewhere here, be a special elite institute to conduct some really intensive training. I mean, nobody, but nobody, could surely be that stupid without attending a special course, now could they?