Thailand to ease COVID-19 curbs on some construction projects

webfact

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

Do they pour into the 7-11 at lunchtime too.... that would be a worry?

Not sure if they leave the property during lunch time, but at shift change they do walk to the local 7's where they pick up some items and then stop at the food carts or pick up some items from those trucks that sell fruit out the back on their way home.  Many carry a lunch pail and what appears to be a small water container with them.  I wonder where these workers have come from if they have locked down the housing they live in. 

• Like 1

All for the sake of $$$$,  aside from allowing to open don't see it in the article? has everyone been tested especially the new workers being added particularly the illegal migrants?  Any plans to clean up the living conditions in which they live in just because they are labors doesn't mean companies for the sake of the all mighty Baht don't need to follow rules just like everyone else.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Construction projects related to COVID-19 control, such as field hospitals, will also be allowed to go ahead.

Did they actually shut down construction of COVID field hospitals due to COVID ????

20 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Today 6166

Death 50.

Good time to get worker camp up and running

Apparently the Chinese will ignore all these statistics and come in droves once Prayut has fully opened Bangkok.

They miss buying all the cheap trinkets.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Apparently the Chinese will ignore all these statistics and come in droves once Prayut has fully opened Bangkok.

They miss buying all the cheap trinkets.

I'm not so sure.

I see that Labor party in UK urging border closures with Thailand. 

My guess is that China will continue with restrictions on travel of its citizens.

Just one opinion.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

All for the sake of $$$$,  aside from allowing to open don't see it in the article? has everyone been tested especially the new workers being added particularly the illegal migrants?  Any plans to clean up the living conditions in which they live in just because they are labors doesn't mean companies for the sake of the all mighty Baht don't need to follow rules just like everyone else.

You need to look at which companies they are. For a variety of reasons (influence, connections and good old fashioned cash) rules are sometimes less assiduously enforced...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I'm not so sure.

I see that Labor party in UK urging border closures with Thailand. 

My guess is that China will continue with restrictions on travel of its citizens.

Just one opinion.

Not sure China worries what UK wants, but I bet they are watching what's going on over here, and they get the truth from Chinese people living in Thailand, not what the Thai government try to project to the world.

• Like 1

The worst outbreak yet!  You could fool me, with all the renovations,  construction,  weekend visitors, and crowds I see everywhere.  There were more restrictions in place for the weaker Variants.  Twisted be the way of the culture!

Edited by WEBBYB808

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

The One Bangkok construction site kicked off at 6 am this morning after being silent for 1 week.  Hundreds of workers streaming in wearing the familiar Orange shirts with the name of Anutin's familial company emblazoned on them.  Did not figure it would be long.  Read the article after I had observed the goings-on this morning and yes for sure money talks.....hopefully they are testing these workers every few days to ensure there is no community spread as many of them eat in the local community and shop in the area as well. 

This does not surprise me at all.  It is how much money a Thai person has that makes all the difference. My Thai wife tells me the government is too corrupt and does not care about the people much. But wouldn't it be honest to say that it probably happens in any country?  If you have money, you will probably get what you want, bribes or other activities to achieve it.  If your company is losing profits, would you not try to do something about? Honest rich people maybe would not do bribes, but what other things are people capable of to make money. I always remember the saying, "Money talks"!