Why as a tourist, I am not coming to Phuket yet explained

ChC1

I don't understand why they have any rules at all? If Phuket have herd immunity, why not let anyone enter, as long as everyone stays in the Phuket sandbox, they can let unvaccinated, vaccinated and infected come and go as they like. Just ensure Phuket as a whole is completely closed from the rest of Thailand. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Maha Sarakham said:

All the Thais on Facebook (according to my wife) are talking about how tourists are starting to come back to Phuket and realizing that nothing is open.  They are surprised anyone wants to come at all with the current state of business affairs there.  I think it will primarily be a launchpad to other parts of Thailand after the 14 days elapses.

Didn't they know that before coming?????

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, chalawaan said:

Go to the Maldives, they are welcoming people like valued guests there, not dirty potentially infected prison inmates, or tracking them like parolees.

Why do you refer to pre-covid situations. 55555555

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Maha Sarakham said:

All the Thais on Facebook (according to my wife) are talking about how tourists are starting to come back to Phuket and realizing that nothing is open.  They are surprised anyone wants to come at all with the current state of business affairs there.  I think it will primarily be a launchpad to other parts of Thailand after the 14 days elapses.

Isn't the rest of Thailand closed too? Whenever i went on holiday i rarely had more than 14 days holiday so that would preclude any further travel. Unless you live here and Phuket is just an entry point.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Isn't the rest of Thailand closed too? Whenever i went on holiday i rarely had more than 14 days holiday so that would preclude any further travel. Unless you live here and Phuket is just an entry point.

With numbers increasing so to will other countries concerns with respect for travellers from Thailand. There will be a possibility of compulsory isolation on return payed out of own pocket as will not be covered by insurance. Also how do you think your employer will like it with your extended holiday.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Maha Sarakham said:

All the Thais on Social Media (according to my wife) are talking about how tourists are starting to come back to Phuket and the Taxi drivers are charging 1,000 Bht per single fare. No details on journey were provided to me though