Thailand reports 6,519 new COVID-19 cases, 54 more deaths

webfact

1 minute ago, anchadian said:

The CCSA are asking for people to avoid interprovincial travel in order to stop the spread of #COVID19 around the country

"AVOID"........

In other words if I wish to return to island from Bangkok, then I just do it. 

After all I gave it some thought and after much consideration deemed it unavoidable..

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Top official – fully vaccinated people must wear double face masks against the Delta virus strain

With a surge in infections being reported on Wednesday, driven by the more infectious Delta variant of Covid-19, Dr Taweesilp Visanuyothin, the government spokesman has warned the public that it will have to learn to live with a new level of threat from the disease. It comes as a top doctor at a Bangkok hospital has come forward to say he is aware of people dying at home who are not included in the official tallies. There is also an emerging demand for mRNA vaccines among the public and health personnel on the front line. However, the boss of the Government Pharmaceutical Organization (GPO) has warned that the much sought after Moderna vaccine will not be available until early next year.  

More - a lot more

https://www.thaiexaminer.com/thai-news-foreigners/2021/07/07/vaccinated-people-must-wear-two-face-masks/

This just hit my Line App.

Translated it says:

2 ply masks can help prevent infection by up to 90%. Use 2 masks when you have to be in crowded places. 

Screenshot_20210707-132633_LINE.jpg

Edited by ThailandRyan

54 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Four foreigners died but not mentioned by nationality:

Today there are 54 deaths in #Thailand

32 males & 22 females

Median age is 69 (26-89 years)

Most deaths in Bangkok (30), Patana (4), Samut Prakan (3), Pathum Thani (3), plus 3 provinces with 2 each and 8 provinces with 1 each

4 foreigners died

14 infected by family

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1412648937459126272

The MoPH update has the following nationalities breakdown for the COVID deaths reported today:

--49 Thai, 3 Myanmar, 1 each Laos and Japan

Screenshot_6.jpg.b878b99ce1b1bef9a1ae38be623bdad8.jpg

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Thanks 1

Just now, anchadian said:

The UAE traveller was tested and confirmed positive on arrival at Phuket airport which subsequently saw those on board his flight go into quarantine.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40002942

Clears up the speculation I made, so I apologize if I overshot the runway with my earlier comment about how many single vaccinated workers he may have possibly infected.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The MoPH update has the following nationalities breakdown:

--49 Thai, 3 Myanmar, 1 each Laos and Japan

if you add the Myanmar, Lao and Japanese nationals together that's 5 foreigners, wonder how they counted..

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Scrambling and trying to be proactive instead of being reactive and getting out ahead of this, bravo for them...August, do they think this virus will wait for them to be up and ready or will it just laugh in their faces....These folks sure do give comedy a new face.

They mention in passing that the brand new field hospital at Don Muang will be removed next month.

3 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

They mention in passing that the brand new field hospital at Don Muang will be removed next month.

Assuming you're talking about the current large field hospital at Impact Muang Thong Thani in Nonthaburi...

That's part of the reason they needed to find a large new, replacement place, i.e. Suvarnabhumi.

• Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

You can't get over that the time periods in the chart below are not lined up exactly with the appropriate dates.  Let me help you out: there is clearly a Time period shown in the chart when cases were flat or declining. That is when I stated the obvious: that case numbers were flat or declining.

it would be trolling to claim that I was wrong, at this point, and we don’t need trolls here.

7519BD60-0457-4312-947F-D8E37B5FD0E6.jpeg

You are blaming the chart now?

what’s the point of posting a chart that doesn’t have the times periods aligned correctly with the appropriate dates?

let me help YOU out. There’s a period on the graph where daily cases decline whilst still remaining within an overall upward trend. Perhaps due to an artifact? I don’t really recall.

but the chart that YOU posted, shows it in a different time period to the one being discussed. And now you say that it’s because the information on the chart isn’t aligned properly?

I’m still struggling to see how your highlighting a short time period of seeming steep decline in June, corresponds with your earlier statement that case numbers were flat and/or declining for a two week period in early May.

unfortunately for you, picking up on your inconsistent and incorrect statements is not trolling. It is holding you to account. I like to do it occasionally, although doing it every day would be a chore.

Edited by wensiensheng
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, wensiensheng said:

You mean this period? Any more to the right and it goes into June. But you wanted early May, right?

do you want to try drawing the lines? Doesn’t have to be red. I think any color reveals the same rising trend. 555

5E426DD0-E7CE-44EA-84EF-08D426A581EC.jpeg

Little funny that you wasn't fast enough! "big D" was already trolling somebody elses txt when you take your screen shot! LMAO fast as Flash!

• Haha 1

I am presuming this was an all expenses paid travel agent.

Let's hope so.  If they were mostly tourists it would involve a rather expensive holiday for many of those aboard that particular flight,

I stated during the time period indicated by the red arrow that cases were flat or declining.

The people who know how to read a chart must be baffled by your post.

DD922762-3C45-49B7-9B98-F047DB688146.jpeg

mate you said from the 28th April and that was in connection to community cases, the arrow above is a month after and the reason its dipping is because of the huge spike there was in the newly confirmed prison cases

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

Those who are literate must be baffled by your not addressing that fact that you wrote this:

“Actually, after April 28, there were 2 flat or declining weeks, followed by a week with a small increase.”

Sometime after April 28 is when the decline happened.

i am sure people here are thrilled with your fascination in getting the time period right whenever I correctly noted the decline in new cases.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Let's hope so.  If they were mostly tourists it would involve a rather expensive holiday for many of those aboard that particular flight,

Probably the most unlikely scenario is that they were mostly tourists 5555

Sometime after April 28 is when the decline happened.

i am sure people here are thrilled with your fascination in getting the time period right whenever I correctly noted the decline in new cases.

After Mar 1, 2021 the decline happened too. And after april 28, 2020, the decline happened. What possible sensible reason could you have for specifically citing Apr 28?

5 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Something we have been discussing but have been told if it was happening it would be all over social media. Where are those members now who told us we were doomsayers and scare mongers.

Looks like 6k is the new floor and so are 50+ deaths.

He is posting from social media. Did he post the same thing a few months ago?

Just how many deaths are you supposing go unreported? I would say 2-3x is well within the realm of possible. 10x on other hand, I don't see that going unnoticed as it can't exactly blend into the baseline death rate.

5 hours ago, rabas said:

It's called a 4th wave, by some, because of the new, much faster delta variant.  In this scheme, waves 3 and 4 overlap on the charts.

Wave 3 had begun to level off but, oh no!, they let in a new variant via construction workers.

Wave 3 did not level off. If you look you will see an upward trend from mid April. Ok 2 new variants have joined the show but this happened in April when the 3rd wave was allowed by Mr. Empty Head. If you look at all the charts it's one wave. Until they differentiate between strains making multiple waves at the same time this is still the third wave it just happens it's been accelerated by Delta and Beta.

• Like 2

New cases in Bangkok (1,549) remained Wednesday significantly below their record high levels set on July 1 and 2 (2,267), as those declines are offset by more cases in outlying areas.

The chart below shows daily totals of domestic cases for Thailand (record high for the day on the first line) and Bangkok province (second line) for the past week:

Screenshot_7.jpg.f90cd7c4e1ccde139e6442341dfbd7b7.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/informationcovid19/photos/a.106455480972785/359544562330541/?type=3

1 minute ago, jacob29 said:

He is posting from social media. Did he post the same thing a few months ago?

Just how many deaths are you supposing go unreported? I would say 2-3x is well within the realm of possible. 10x on other hand, I don't see that going unnoticed as it can't exactly blend into the baseline death rate.

Prayut and numerous other officials including the Thai government also post from social media, it makes no difference, the credibility is with the people who post the reports, this particular report about the under counting of deaths is also now published in Thai media.

22 minutes ago, Scrotobike said:

Here is the Sisaket 7 day average infections from CCSA data - up to that reported today

It is typical of other Issan province curves

No vaccinations for at risk forigners here

image.png.dd496f9e1d5cec4cf662b178c7b86d76.png

Songkran was "small" hit to Isaan area but after close construction site's in BKK tsunami come inland!

• Like 2

Today I believe is one month since the launch of Thailand's supposed COVID mass vaccination campaign that began June 7.

Since that date, according to the chart below, Thailand has administered a total of 7.2 million vaccine doses.  At that rate, they're not going to meet their goal of getting 70% of the population fully vaccinated by the end of the year.

7.2 million doses per month for the remaining 6 months of the year (July to December) would net about 43 million doses, plus the 11.3 million total given from late February to today, gets the nation only to about 55 million doses if the current pace continues moving forward.

My rough calculation above is consistent with what Khaosod English has been reporting on a daily basis -- that Thailand is only administering about half of the daily doses it needs to meet its goal (as of yesterday, gave 280,000+ doses, but needed to be giving about 530,000 per day).2021-07-07h.jpg.f8a37746472fb9d423b618d44916e052.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/informationcovid19/photos/a.106455480972785/359544672330530/?type=3

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Prayut and numerous other officials including the Thai government also post from social media, it makes no difference, the credibility is with the people who post the reports, this particular report about the under counting of deaths is also now published in Thai media.

That was rather my point. It's not an issue of credibility, it's that such information credibly leaks outside of official channels. We see that outside of Thailand, no reason to suppose it's different here.

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

This just hit my Line App.

Translated it says:

2 ply masks can help prevent infection by up to 90%. Use 2 masks when you have to be in crowded places. 

Screenshot_20210707-132633_LINE.jpg

Stuff that I'm going to wear ten masks!

• Haha 1