Thailand to combine Sinovac, AstraZeneca vaccine doses to boost protection - minister

snoop1130

1 minute ago, Crossy said:

Has this actually been tested? Results?

Having got lucky and had my first shot of Az I hope they don't decide that the other way round is also good to go, and replace my second Az shot with Sinovac.

Maybe.....it all has to be used up.....555

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This was one of the recent vaccine doses given by brand breakdowns I've seen from the MoPH as of July 2:

910460597_2021-07-02Vaccinationsbybrand.jpg.ef8533edfeff093fb0b47bb3c0276c38.jpg

They were posting these kinds of breakdowns pretty regularly in the past, but seem to have stopped lately amid the ruckus over the Sinovac doses.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

This was one of the recent vaccine doses given by brand breakdowns I've seen from the MoPH as of July 2:

They used to show a slide daily which expanded to show the mix. They still update that slide, but never click on the plus sign to expand. Assume there's a reason.

And now we have Alpha-Delta.

7 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Wow very interesting.  So, those that have only one Sinovac will now get a Astrazeneca?

Sounds good but have there been sufficient studies on the safety/efficacy of this mix of vaccines?  

Time to find out ????

42 minutes ago, Pib said:

So with an extra 2.55 million donated dozes of AstraZeneca/Pfizer the current shortfall in AstraZeneca which is Thailand's planned primary vaccine should  be manageable.

How did you work that out.

They are capable (and need to do) 450-500k per day. 

Now they currently need to give front line workers a 'booster shot' of AZ.

2.55million is drop in the bucket.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ourmanflint said:

So basically wasting all of these AZ vaccines on boosters because the sinovac govt bought turned out to be useless.

Where is the logic here...if Sinovac is useless why they should have a Sinovac jab at all, one jab of AZ is enough right?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, ukrules said:

Sounds like a good idea but I would make one small change.

Vaccinate them all with 2 shots of AstraZeneca vaccine as if they were completely unvaccinated - because they pretty much are unvaccinated.

Erase the Chinese vaccine from all records that are used to prove vaccination, it doesn't work.

Some think that AZ needs booster on its own:

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2021/07/09/world/covid-vaccine-boosters/

5 fully vaccinated with AZ people died in the Seychelles, where the majority were vaxxed with Sinopharm.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, tingtongfarang said:

guinea pig testing on this just started

World's first...however in EU and Australia people got AZ + different shot when AZ was dumped. Not sure about all the combinations but Pfizer was widely used. So there is already a precedent of mixing vaccines.