Thailand reports daily record of coronavirus infections and deaths

webfact

3 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I just looked up a definition of "expats" and it said "a person living outside of their country".I'm curious of what your definition of the term is?

An English speaking person  living abroad .

"English speaking " because its an English word , persons living abroad  has other words to describe in other languages .

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Migrant workers/illegal immigrants are the correct terms

As I've just posted the definition I just looked up says "a person living outside of their country".I know Thailand has many "illegal immigrants" but there are many more who are legitimate migrants who live and work here.Although migrant workers can and does apply, "expats" equally applies to the many who live and work in Thailand as it does to any others from other countries, there are many migrant workers from Europe, US, Australia, UK and many other countries. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Oh yeah, we are all the same , I forgot 

You do forget, and you ride that large stallion of yours and project a holier than though air in your posts.  Nice to know that you believe such nonsense.  Many digital nomads from some of those countries as well or do you believe that they are all just cheap labor and inferior.  Enjoy your pedestal view.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/14/2021 at 5:51 PM, ThailandRyan said:

No its a combo purchase that China is helping them with:

Submarine Wallpapers - Wallpaper CaveSpaceship Wallpapers - Wallpaper Cave

4 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

It looks like the 6,300+ discharges plus 141 deaths freed up a few hundred more beds than yesterday, so they were able to squeeze in more patients into the hospital system. More hospital admissions = higher case numbers.

or, there was additional testing. Hopefully, more info will be released later today.

Nope, I would sadly think those beds immediately became occupied.

10 minutes ago, anchadian said:

According to the TAT report, the 36-year-old man had been tested for Covid-19 and had taken the second dose of vaccine in Bangkok before he left the capital for work to the island, where the Samui Plus Model scheme was launched on Thursday.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40003363

So he was probably infected before he had the second jab and did not show any signs until afterwards.  These folks forget that it takes several weeks after being vaccinated to start building the necessary antibodies to fight this virus  or at least try to fight it.  Wish this TAT employee the best and he does not become seriously ill.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

You do forget, and you ride that large stallion of yours and project a holier than though air in your posts.  Nice to know that you believe such nonsense.  Many digital nomads from some of those countries as well or do you believe that they are all just cheap labor and inferior.  Enjoy your pedestal view.

I am not disagreeing with you , there must be thousands of retired Burmese people living on their pension in Thailand and thousands of Burmese digital nomads in Thailand and there's thousands of Westerners working on building sites in Thailand  .

I agree with you 

The 3rd wave had led to 363,126 cases and 3,146 deaths since April 1 with a mortality rate of 0.87%. There are 110,565 patients who are being treated at hospitals. Of that, 3,454 are in critical condition including 839 on ventilators.

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1416265666991050754

Just now, anchadian said:

The 3rd wave had led to 363,126 cases and 3,146 deaths since April 1 with a mortality rate of 0.87%. There are 110,565 patients who are being treated at hospitals. Of that, 3,454 are in critical condition including 839 on ventilators.

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1416265666991050754

Are they still classifying this as the Third wave or have they decided we are in the throws of the 4th wave now.  I have not heard it as of yet, but remember an OP a few weeks back that discussed the 4th Wave.  I see this article discusses it. So I am just curious as to what wave we are on

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thailand-enters-4th-covid-19-wave-as-more-cases-are-of-mutated-virus-ccsa-advisor-says/

5 minutes ago, James105 said:

Indoors, hundreds of people crowded together and low ceilings.    I can only presume that Covid itself was consulted on how it would like this indoor vaccination party to be organised.    

The virus was told to maintain social distancing and to wear a mask and to self isolate if it caused infections or symptoms.

Vietnam has had a very strict lockdown in HCM for over a week, cases still rising at 4000 with 67 deaths. Hard to see a back to normal situation until vaccinations catch up. Good to hear they're prioritising elderly, though I don't know why that wasn't a priority from the start. Better late than never I guess. Those queues of people waiting for vaccinations, didn't look particularly elderly though..

Edited by jacob29
Fixed formatting

21 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Things are getting desperate in #Bangkok. Photos of people queuing for vaccination at The Mall Ngamwongwan. If you haven’t been vaccinated yet and are still searching, I wish you the best of luck. And I hope that once you get the elusive appointment, you can be vaccinated safely.

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1416258617938903042

ImageImage

That looks fun

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Asked previously. Never really understood why do so many folk queue for Test. I assume it's free. 

Is it required for employment or.....??

Surely they are not all feeling off colour.

Most likely many of them are people who have visit same place where infected one. Some cluster what they have annouced. Thailand way  to trying catch infection chain!

Edited by 2 is 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I am not disagreeing with you , there must be thousands of retired Burmese people living on their pension in Thailand and thousands of Burmese digital nomads in Thailand and there's thousands of Westerners working on building sites in Thailand  .

I agree with you 

Wow, you are something aren't you.  Enjoy your views because I know better, maybe you should educate yourself further, especially with Covid some have businesses that have been prosperous while others have had theirs impacted, but they still do their best to still support others.  Are you supporting down on their luck families? just a Rhetorical question.

45 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

Why in Gods name have 300 medical Staff become infected.

Sorry, I forgot about all the diverted Vaccines that went to Phuket. Vaccines that should have been for protection of these Medical Staff, not a Somtam seller in some Soi in Phuket Town.

What are these Madmen thinking of.

Sadly it has happen in all over world. Its delta variant. Even vaccinated whit mask on has get it.

And i think many of those 300 has get chinese urine in vain already.

Edited by 2 is 1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Wow, you are something aren't you.  Enjoy your views because I know better, maybe you should educate yourself further, especially with Covid some have businesses that have been prosperous while others have had theirs impacted, but they still do their best to still support others.  Are you supporting down on their luck families? just a Rhetorical question.

Well as you asked , yes I am , not that ever go around telling anyone about it 

18 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

You simply follow them to the letter even though they clearly endanger others. 

A group of 3 is a clear danger to society? I understand being responsible, but this is being unreasonable. You cannot expect people to isolate for years in a strict manner.

Edited by jacob29
  • Confused 1

They keep banning banning and banning as numbers keep rising rising and rising. Is this getting through yet? Now if you gather you will be put in jail where you can't social distance LOL. What a pathetic excuse for administration they are

• Confused 1

British Ambassador Delegate @markgooding

has tweeted in response to other nationals getting vaccination appointments: “We are urgently seeking clarification from the authorities about what further routes will be made available, including for British nationals”. #Thailand

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1416271843271471107

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, bamboozled said:

Why do they track prison infections and non-prison infections as separate numbers?

Because you can prove anything with statistics except the truth, so they are leaving their options open, LOL

2 minutes ago, Macrohistory said:

"In summary, current usage of these terms reflects the following categorization:

"A refugee is someone forced to flee their country of origin, especially because they were being persecuted for reasons of race, religion, membership of a particular social group, etc.

"A migrant is any person living outside of their country of origin, but especially a non-skilled worker moving for economic reasons. This word frequently has a negative connotation.

"An immigrant is someone (of any origin) pursuing long-term residence or citizenship in another country.

"An expatriate is someone staying abroad temporarily or of an undetermined period, especially a white-collar professional or someone from a wealthy or English-speaking country. This term is also commonly used for long-term guest workers in Asian countries that naturalize few foreign citizens" [e.g., Japan]

https://www.antidote.info/en/blog/reports/migrant-refugee-immigrant-and-expatriate-what-difference

Yes that's all correct, it reflects current usage and I currently use the term expats to describe people residing outside of their country.Neither is incorrect nor is only one correct it's pretty much a personal choice.

• Like 1