Thailand reports again record high of 11,784 new COVID-19 cases

webfact

Thailand’s Private Hospitals Association (PHA) has revealed that 277 of its 330 member hospitals, which have booked the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine, will first get 10,000 shots each.

PHA chairman Dr. Chalerm Harnphanich said the association has placed an order for 5 million doses through the Government Pharmaceutical Organization, which will sign a supply agreement with Zuellig Pharma Thailand, the local representative, on their behalf.

He said, before the allotment, 1.1 million of the 5 million shots will go to the Thai Red Cross Society, as well as Siriraj and Ramathibodi hospitals, leaving the private hospitals with 3.9 million doses.

https://www.facebook.com/nbtworld/posts/10158147802817050

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

Be careful what you say. It’s easy to check back and post quotes from your previous posts here you know.

And this time I won’t let you get away with editing posts to change their meaning. That is against forum rules and definitely not in the spirit of the game, is it now?

Good I just did I said:

"No I'll let you think ahead. All I am interested in is TODAY. You got some Pfizer today? Great."

26 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I'm not sure they would take your advice and tell people to wait, they are experts and not you so, I would leave them to make their own decisions and recommendations. 

They are just joining more than 200,000 Thai medical practitioners that have separately petitioned the government to purchase as quickly as possible mrna vaccines because of the concerns with Sinovac.

What advice?

And I think they should have ordered and paid a deposit for 200 million doses of Pfizer and/ or Moderna before end of 2020.

Edited by jerrymahoney

6 minutes ago, worrab said:

After these companies have fulfilled the order books as they stand now, I would not expect to see delivery until late 2022!! It is a pity that Anutin did not think about this a year ago! His actions now are too damn late to save the lives of hundreds of people!! 

Thousands.

1 hour ago, wensiensheng said:

Yup, Australia have mastered the art of using lockdowns effectively. Vaccinations? now thats a whole other story. They will be locking down for ever at the rate they are going with vaccinations.

As I said very early last year, they have to let it run it's natural course, yes people will die, but lockdowns will have people living in poverty for years on, that or paying the debt till their grandkids kids pay it off.

While it's running it's natural course, vaccines can come into play and there we have a balance until we can eradicate it.

That's just my take on it.

• Sad 3

1 minute ago, jerrymahoney said:

What advice?

And I think they should have ordered and paid a deposit for 200 million doses of Pfizer and/ or Moderna before end of 2020.

Maybe you missed the statement you made: "So then they should wait for something else."

In response to the Infectious Disease Association of Thailand, who pointed to the efficacy concerns of the Sinovac vaccine.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

As I said very early last year, they have to let it run it's natural course, yes people will die, but lockdowns will have people living in poverty for years on, that or paying the debt till their grandkids kids pay it off.

While it's running it's natural course, vaccines can come into play and there we have a balance until we can eradicate it.

you are never going to be the PM of any democratic country for very long with that approach - basically just let people die ####

You will get away with that in Thailand though 

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yes still at the we need to arrange a meeting stage, oh dear...................

"Mr. Anutin has assigned Thailand’s Food and Drug Administration (TFDA) Secretary-General Paisal Dunkhum to arrange meetings with representatives of the manufacturers of the vaccines already approved by the TFDA for procurement, especially the mRNA Pfizer and Moderna vaccines."

I thought the US manufacturers were not going to deal with Thailand because of the US anti-corruption laws?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, smedly said:

you are never going to be the PM of any democratic country for very long with that approach - basically just let people die ####

You will get away with that in Thailand though 

Yeh, never intend to be a PM, it's takes a certain breed, but I do know we are all going to the same place, no point in hiding under the bed from the inevitable, that said, we can keep living till out time is up, and make sure we have clean underwear on, no more free balling then.

10 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Thousands.

I was thinking of putting that but did not want to tempt fate. In reality you are going to be right I'm afraid to say, through someone's ineptitude. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

I thought the US manufacturers were not going to deal with Thailand because of the US anti-corruption laws?

It could be that the pressure has grown so great that it has undone even a hallowed Thai governmental tradition.

13 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Maybe you missed the statement you made: "So then they should wait for something else."

In response to the Infectious Disease Association of Thailand, who pointed to the efficacy concerns of the Sinovac vaccine.

Yeah I said that if the employees don't want to take sinovac so then they should wait for something else. What else are they going to do? 

And you left out the 'Maybe.' preceding your quote of mine. 

9 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

I'm not sure how accurate that is, I've seen a few posts on it but not anything in the media, maybe I missed it? It would not surprise me though.

However its clear when profit and zero risk is involved that deals can be arranged as in the private hospitals now securing a few million. I read that the hospitals had to pay up front.

6 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

Yeah I said that if the employees don't want to take sinovac so then they should wait for something else. What else are they going to do? 

And you left out the 'Maybe.' preceding your quote of mine. 

For clarity.......................here

data 19 july 4.png

• Like 1

Thailand Donates Medical Equipment to Sri Lanka to Combat New Surge of COVID-19

Thailand has donated medical equipment, comprising oxygen concentrators and oximeters, to support Sri Lanka’s efforts to combat the new surge of the COVID-19 pandemic.

Director-General Darm Boontham of the Department of South Asian, Middle East and African Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, presided over the handover ceremony of medical equipment to Sri Lanka through the Embassy of Sri Lanka in Bangkok. The handover ceremony took place on 9 July 2021.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Thailand, on behalf of the Royal Thai Government, donated 19 oxygen concentrators and 45 oximeters to Sri Lanka, as requested by the Government of Sri Lanka.

https://thailand.prd.go.th/ewt_news.php?nid=11578&filename=index#.YPT-M4Ya60I.twitter

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

NEW HIGH - #COVID19 Update on Monday: 11,784 cases & 81 deaths (100 cases from prisons). Full details at 12:30pm #Thailand

15 July: 9,186 - 98 dead

16 July: 9,692 - 67 dead

17 July: 10,082 - 141 dead

18 July: 11,397 - 101 dead

19 July: 11,784 - 81 <— TODAY

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1416924245356015616

Why covid cases are separated between the general population and prisons? If so when cases on the army will be made public?

3 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Comparing to the Premier of New South Wales response to Sydney, i.e. locking it down with just 29 cases of the Delta variant, one might say that was an over reaction, but the Premier see's, hears and knows what's happening in Thailand and other places without lockdowns, suffice to say they are containing the spread as opposed to letting it run ramped here.

Oh well, here now, just got to keep ducking and weaving, like from the time I moved here 5 plus years ago, it is what it is, I keep telling myself.

I'm not sure it's fair comparing the options qvailable to a leader of a country with a per capita GDP of $40-60k to one with 6k.

• Like 2

I think not make any difference anymore even they forget hole sandbox and open up hole country to people who want come Thailand. If somebody is crazy enough to come now let them! Vaxxed tourist (read idiot) cant make this situation worse! If bring few new case in country not chance nothing! If doing so then even real expats can gome in and take care they families!

Edited by 2 is 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Aussie999 said:

Can you give some figures?

I'm not going to quote figures but recently the intake was cut in half meaning that many are still entering OZ and there are still people leaving like the Queensland Premier who went to Tokyo yesterday to rustle up support for the Olympics and there are others leaving and returning for "essential" business reason or "compassionate" grounds.

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

Sure, I take your point. My hope is that vaccines don’t just come into play, but actually change the natural course of the virus by preventing severe symptoms, hospitalizations and death. If that does happen, then the need for lockdowns goes away. Timing is the issue of course, vaccinating enough people isn’t a click of the fingers type thing.

• Like 2