Complete lockdown in two months possible if COVID-19 figures do not improve – DDC

snoop1130

9 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Yes 55,000 cases a day last weekend.

And how many of those had to go to hospital or die ??? There is a huge drop in hospitalizations and deaths because of vaccinations . If they test the whole worlds population 95% of all of the people will test positive at one point but if nobody dies or gets seriously ill anymore i geuss you still want to lock down the whole world right ??? HenryFord . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, aussienam said:

If there is a Wuhan-style lockdown they'd better get the body bags ready.  Suicides, domestic murders, usual serious illnesses and COVID infections all rolled into one. 

I recall the footage in Wuhan and welding shut apartment block entrances.  Pets being flung out of condos and people dropping dead.  Ahhh happy days ahead.

Anyone who was planning to come to Thailand, after reading this, would have cancelled now. 

It won't happen here.

15 hours ago, jvs said:

Who mentioned a two month lock down?It says maybe a lock down in two months.

big difference.

They could never facilitate a Wuhan style lockdown in Thailand. They don't have the know how, resources or the will. Its just talk again

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Apparently, to you the huge drop in mortality is insignificant. I get it: sniffles bad, death not so much.

Maybe the Covid cheerleading squad pays well or something?

Genuinely not sure why so many people are literally desperate for the Covid pathogen, and associated situation, to be worse than it actually is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Yes.  There's no way a "Wuhan-style" lockdown could work in Bangkok.  Just silly scaremongering.

The world has learned a lot since the great lockdowns. The virus isn't nearly as transmissible thought during first weeks and months. Seems passing things, shopping depending on circumstance will not blindside you with covid.

Lots of asymptomatic cases, CT + 35 I'd imagine.

Let's wait for tomorrow for the new "plan" something something ....

• Like 2

Hey, how about trying to get everybody vaccinated before you resort to locking everyone up like prisoners, & completely destroying the Thai economy; not to mention the increase in deaths by suicide!  Lockdowns won't end the pandemic, but Vaccinations will!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

“If the new infection rate is still high in the next two months, there is a possibility that we might have to impose a lockdown, like in Wuhan, China, to control the spread of the virus, where people have to stay at home and are not allowed to travel, to a point where food and water will be delivered to homes,”

Yeah and we see how well the hostages in the worker camps are not being taken care of properly. How do these idiots "think" (and I use that term loosely) they are going to feed and take care of the people of Bangkok? Dr. Opart is spreading fear and should be thrown in  jail!!!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, jvs said:

Who mentioned a two month lock down? It says maybe a lock down in two months.

big difference.

Yes, but a Wuhan-style lockdown was mentioned which was quite lengthy and quite severe, it was enforced for 2 and a half months from January 23rd to April 8th of 2020. Its a very strong reference and certainly doesn't bode well for an October 1st 2021 "reopening" (supposedly without quarantine requirement), nor tourism in general for tourism in the 4th quarter. There was certainly no rush of tourism to Wuhan in 2020, and even now.

12 hours ago, djayz said:

Got me a bottle of Jameson this evening. ???? just in case. 

I got a bottle of wine from the local off licence , cork out , lock down. Well ! All this nonsense is enough to turn anyone to drink. Thinking of making wine from ganja and honey , both in abundance here.

• Haha 1

If lockdown is the answer, then it needs to be done now, not in two months. Telegraphing it like this just means everyone leaves Bangkok and infects the rest of the country.

A lockdown would also move the focus to when are the vaccines arriving?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Thousands of tourists planning to visit in October? Do you have any facts to back that up?

IMO one would have to be oblivious to what is happening in LOS now to even consider visiting, other than to see family etc.

That's even assuming the new variants of corona haven't imposed additional restrictions on travel- look at the situation in the US, UK and Australia right now.

This virus isn't done yet, by a long shot, IMO.

I think you misunderstand me... TAT and government are talking about the many tourists that want to visit the country.. the whole post ironical ...not serious...

14 hours ago, The Cipher said:

I've made plans to take off in mid-late August. Wouldn't be due to fear of Covid (lol). It'd be to enjoy the higher quality of life available elsewhere. Can always come back after the situation gets sorted here.

Same here.Going back to UK to get vaccinated.Just hope Thailand doesn't go to red list before but it's not looking good.If that does happen I will leave just before hopefully

• Like 1

16 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I'd suggest getting in 2 months of beer now !

And if food delivered to your house is run by the government - I'd stock on tins and dried food immediately 

That could possibly cist me my life if that hapoens which im sure it will. As i cant eat cheap rice. I cant eat a lot of rice. I cant eat thai food. I can only eat mostly food that used to back in america or what we call american food. If i try to force myself otherwise it will make me throw up to the extreme. So i really cant eat like that and need western/american meals. I dont see them bringing weatern meals to me or importing foods from amerixan supermarkets just to provide me with food. Foods that i list thst can eat. Not foods they say i can eat. 

• Sad 1