Private sector skeptical over lockdown success, without mass screening, vaccinations

snoop1130

Vaccinating everybody is the first step so they can forget about any kind of resolution of the issue until that's done.

Maybe by early next year things will be better if they can get their hands on enough vaccine.

The only other thing that can save them now is a new variant which is very mild and grants complete immunity to all other variants but I wouldn't hold my breath on that one, the 'emergence' of something like that could be years away and when it does come they will likely lock it down to the point of extinction because people will still test positive. I call this the old fashioned way...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Is anybody else's facebook littered with dead Thais in the street and on the sidewalk today ? 

Facebook gets maybe 15 minutes of my time a week to check in with family.  Other than that - I don't use it any more.  It was at one time useful.  It isn't anymore.  It can go join MySpace for all I care.

Edited by ArcticFox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ArcticFox said:

Honestly.  No joke.  Every single motorcycle rider I've seen without a helmet is wearing a mask.  To the person.  See.  Thais love the law!

The law of economics and social shaming, they obey .

No helmet: 400 thb ( or 10 squats? ????)

No mask: up to 20.000 thb fine and risk of media shaming and in-person angry comments.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I disagree completely with any notion Thais are more lawbreaking than anyone else. Driving laws excepted. But we know how to be a community, not like, for instance, Americans. I think Thais would fall in line. And I don't believe the economic impacts would be any more serious than what's going on right this minute. A hard lockdown, unfortunately, may be too late. Generals with no sense of direction, unwilling to give orders.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, RandolphGB said:

Thailand can’t afford to do a Wuhan. China could.

The economic impact will be felt for years to come. 

Yes and nowhere I can file a complaint to recuperate all the losses due to this madness.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Caldera said:

China could lock down Wuhan in such a dramatic fashion because it's just one big city there of many big cities. And because Chinese people are incredibly disciplined, so they could keep it quite short.

Thailand only has Bangkok in roughly that category, the economic fallout for the whole country would be devastating. And Thai people are natural born lawbreakers, the government has tried and failed to make them wear helmets when riding motorcycles for as long as I've been here.

Ultimately they can only hope to flatten the curve a little bit, this lockdown won't be a success story either way.

The helmet issue only exists because the Government allow the Police to not enforce the law, people abide by the law if it is strongly enforced, same with a lockdown, no Police no abidance

14 hours ago, Caldera said:

China could lock down Wuhan in such a dramatic fashion because it's just one big city there of many big cities. And because Chinese people are incredibly disciplined, so they could keep it quite short.

Thailand only has Bangkok in roughly that category, the economic fallout for the whole country would be devastating. And Thai people are natural born lawbreakers, the government has tried and failed to make them wear helmets when riding motorcycles for as long as I've been here.

Ultimately they can only hope to flatten the curve a little bit, this lockdown won't be a success story either way.

17 hours ago, RandolphGB said:

Thailand can’t afford to do a Wuhan. China could.

The economic impact will be felt for years to come. 

It's started. The destruction has begun. There is no effective government here. 

as long is the model to earn money from tourist like Thai do you can look around and see the impact at other countries with lock downs.

you have to reform the economic business model and apply to 80/20 rule.

also you when you not do the lockdown then accept you will have other problems the next 4 years. and probably not get any tourist due to this. that you will feel harder then just a lock down of 3 to 6 months

• Like 1

A post spreading misinformation and the replies have been removed.

A post discussing another member has been removed as well as the replies:

25) No public discussion is allowed with regard to other forum members, as well as to advertisements or sponsors, or methods of blocking advertisements.