Pattaya: Immigration go after US man who refused to wear mask at Taco Bell - he's fined and repentant

webfact

23 hours ago, khunPer said:

guest in another country

If you're working or supporting yourself and spending a load of money in exchange for being allowed to stay in a country not your own, how could you possibly be considered a guest?

23 hours ago, khunPer said:

if you don't like the rules, you are free to travel home

You're also free to complain about it, of course.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, thailand49 said:

The conclusion from my reading of the science of course anyone guess but not heard you have a 90% chance of getting infected but the correct word being thrown around today is " Breakout Cases "  which is rare based on the millions already vaccination it has been reported the more vaccination the numbers will go up it is all part of the course.

Here is the big difference what I'm reading from the science that if you are fully vaccinated the chance of you dying or being hospitalize is minimum.  If and went I do get vaccinated whether I'm here or at home I plan to wear a mask and follow the science and use a bit of critical thinking if I'm visiting a place that has a low rate of infection being vaccinated I might chose not to wear one but if there is a major outbreak like in Thailand and the leaders mandate a mask it is simple I will wear one it isn't like you got a diaper on your face I don't see what the big deal is being made?????

Go read the new data from the study after two doses of pfizer after five months you are only protected by 10% of not getting  corvid 19!  91% chance you won't get serious ill. But 90% chance of getting infected! Read the study not just media headlines 

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/23/delta-variant-pfizer-covid-vaccine-39percent-effective-in-israel-prevents-severe-illness.html

• Like 1

The "man of colour" was clearly a prxck.When in Rome etc.But the sad thing about this storm in a teacup is that the journalist who wrote this article described him as m o c instead of black man.For Christs sake most of us came to live in LOS came here to escape all that newspeak bullsxxt.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

I wish I could commend you on spreading anti face mask propaganda, but you just might cause someone to die.

I most certainly have not. I have not presented a single article, report or scientific study suggesting that masks are not useful. It is unlawful in Thailand not to wear one, and I've suggested in a number of posts that everyone wear one to avoid problems with the authorities. Whether we believe they are useful or not is beside the point. We don't get to decide that, so relax, I'm not killing anyone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kinok Powell said:

The "man of colour" was clearly a prxck.When in Rome etc.But the sad thing about this storm in a teacup is that the journalist who wrote this article described him as m o c instead of black man.For Christs sake most of us came to live in LOS came here to escape all that newspeak bullsxxt.

I think many people don't understand that calling a black person a black person is perfectly cool. In their defense it can be difficult to keep up with language norms. People of color is more or less passe. 

3 hours ago, DBath said:

We should start a turkey farm here, that would give the brits one more thing to complain about.????

That was attempted in the 90s, by a Brit also. 

There is another vdo filmed in Taco Bell. Has it been posted yet?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, khunPer said:

You are still a guest, but you have kindly being allowed to obtain a work permit

Nothing "kindly" about it.  It's a mutually beneficial arrangement.  Believe it or not Thai people/The Kingdom of Thailand actually benefit from having foreign people here.

I know that's hard for the "I'm the only gay in the village" types here to come to terms with, but it's true.

1 hour ago, khunPer said:

and you came here of you own free will...????

And one can stay of one's own free will, and complain of one's own free will.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, arick said:

Go read the new data from the study after two doses of pfizer after five months you are only protected by 10% of not getting  corvid 19!  91% chance you won't get serious ill. But 90% chance of getting infected! Read the study not just media headlines 

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/23/delta-variant-pfizer-covid-vaccine-39percent-effective-in-israel-prevents-severe-illness.html

First, Media Headlines?  can you confirm that is how I came to my opinion?  funny people say stuff like this then quote to others exactly what they are criticizing others!  WWW. CNBC  I read the article I think you would get lots of debate from medical researcher from the Health Minister of Israel regarding these numbers it isn't past on trials etc. it is just his opinion from results in this one country if it was a stand alone only country in the world you might have something but you done.  Is cnbc not part of the media?

20 hours ago, DBath said:

Americans still invading countries and forcing their views down the natives throats I see…”

You mean like Hong Kong, Cayman Islands and places like that? Err…wait.

Oh, and let’s not forget Canada. 

wait..dont stop  India, Australia, Bermuda, Gibraltar, South Georgia, New Zealand..etc etc 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, waders123 said:

Your rights are not necessarily a priority or a concern to the country you are visiting! 

I don't think this government cares about anyone's rights, Thai, or foreigner.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gk10012001 said:

In the posted video he claimed he retired at age 25.  Quite a feat if true.  What type of visa is he on?  Did he have a police investigation clean bill of health?  Things just seem a bit odd

Maybe he is a trust fund baby, or he invested in crypto and cashed it out, who knows, and sometimes you just have to wonder. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I think many people don't understand that calling a black person a black person is perfectly cool. In their defense it can be difficult to keep up with language norms. People of color is more or less passe. 

local Thai reporting would just have referred to “Chocolate Man” and everyone would understand.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, micmichd said:

His videos on YouTube are not so bad after all. And his ladies are neither ugly nor hookers. 

Too add in to your post, he is also making some money apparently.