Thailand reports record high of 17,669 new COVID-19 cases and 165 deaths

webfact

28 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

So exercise outside your home is permitted in the deep-red zones? 

Not sure it's allowed just for exercise, but we always do end up stopping and buying something to put in the bag we carry to support the vendors. Trying to stay mindful of who is around us and yes we run in masks as well.  Depression is also a killer and with the closing of pools and parks well then the rates of suicide would increase.  Folks are still walking to work as far as we can see and the One Bangkok and other large construction sites are still going full bore with hundreds of workers, which either walk to or from as well as being picked up in the large transport trucks in the evenings. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

I disagree.  Elderly people have just as much of a need to exercise as anyone.  Cardiovascular fitness is one of the best ways to maintain a high immune response.  It's lame to say this is not an important consideration for everyone, not just young and fit people.  Young and fit people are not immune to the dangers of Covid anymore than older people are immune to the benefits of exercise.

Not only lame, but dangerous, especially from someone calling himself a doctor.

• Haha 1

Date in para 2 I believe should be tomorrow 30 July.

Photo Essay: Medical workers ask US Embassy to monitor Thai gov vaccine distribution

Health care workers called on the US embassy to help monitor the distribution of mRNA vaccine arriving in Thailand this week.

The first batch of 1.5 million mRNA vaccine doses are due to arrive on June 29 with 700,000 doses allocated to frontline health workers, while the rest would be allocated to the vulnerable with health conditions.

The petitioners say they are concerned that the Thai government’s ambiguous mRNA vaccine distribution for healthcare workers would be taken advantage of and be given to other agencies.

https://www.thaienquirer.com/30526/photo-essay-medical-workers-ask-us-embassy-to-monitor-thai-gov-vaccine-distribution/

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, anchadian said:

I've heard that before.

More than 30 years ago the British Comedian and Author, Ben Elton, wrote a book called 'Stark'. It was about the world's mega rich trying to escape the ecological destruction of the world by fleeing in their own rockets.

7 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Elderly people have just as much of a need to exercise as anyone.  Cardiovascular fitness is one of the best ways to maintain a high immune response.

Clearly your not elderly and maybe not even aware of mobility issues for many.

Exercise for elderly can be as simple as use the stairs in lieu of elevator.

Walk to the Tesco, etc etc.

Have a walking machine in room. 

This is all a distraction from the real issues of covid situation in Thailand.

• Like 2

Samui Plus project to continue as island chief orders proactive Covid-19 tests after cluster

The district chief of Samui ordered immediate proactive Covid-19 tests in a bid to curb the latest cluster on the island. He also confirmed the Samui Plus project would move ahead.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40003903

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

I don’t think that is true you know. If only 70% are vaccinated then the virus can still spread among the 30% unvaccinated and/or infect the 70% vaccinated. It makes it more difficult, but there are instances of countries reaching 70% vaccinated, only to have case counts rise. Mutations play a part, as do the efficacy of the vaccines in use and human behavior when they think the coast is clear. I don’t think 70% vaccinated is a silver bullet at all..

Well according to the places that Google refer you to that is how it works. 

Does not make sense to me either. 

As I was told initially it is a concept not a reality. The reality seems to be that with 70% (or whatever) vaccinated the others have less risk because there is less about. That was the theory of reality that I read. So in effect herd immunity just means less risk. And the spread will continually decline. 

Edited by rott

11 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Clearly your not elderly and maybe not even aware of mobility issues for many.

Exercise for elderly can be as simple as use the stairs in lieu of elevator.

Walk to the Tesco, etc etc.

Have a walking machine in room. 

This is all a distraction from the real issues of covid situation in Thailand.

Not wishing to engage in a silly debate; only stating the obvious...that EVERYBODY needs to take fitness seriously as a way to maintain a healthy immune response.  It's just as important as wearing a mask or washing your hands.

12 minutes ago, khunpa said:

Although, I feel sorry for all Thais suffering during these hards times, other countries should not help Thailand out with free vaccines.

Thailand is only in this situation due to mismanagement of their funds. 

If they have money to spend on submarines and huge railway projects, they can also afford vaccines and foreign consultants. So let them pay!!

This is the only way they learn.

didnt both Trump and Biden keep on about America first? Get your own people sorted out then think of others

14 minutes ago, HiSoLowSoNoSo said:

117 Thai berry pickers from Thailand in Sweden are infected with the virus.One of the employers believe that they all have faked PCR tests and vaccination records

Pray tell how they would have been allowed to board a flight, oh wait fake certificates.  Is that even possible in todays day and age where follow-ups are supposedly being done by the airlines as well as a self attestation being signed by the flier.  Maybe faked certs in Sweden, perhaps, or is the employer grasping at straws and trying to deflect from his practices on safety.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, rott said:

Well according to the places that Google refer you to that is how it works. 

Does not make sense to me either. 

As I was told initially it is a concept not a reality. The reality seems to be that with 70% (or whatever) vaccinated the others have less risk because there is less about. That was the theory of reality that I read. So in effect herd immunity just means less risk. And the spread will continually decline. 

Indeed. In fact what you (google) say, is what I said. The more vaccinated, the less risk of the virus spreading. As you move from zero to 5%, that holds true, just that the effect is negligible. Get to 50% and perhaps you start to see an overall difference in the rate of infection. Get to 70% and there is a bigger effect.

I think that the point both i and, it appears google, are saying is that there is no hard percentage where herd immunity is reached. Every vaccination builds herd immunity to a degree and cumulatively it builds and builds. But there isn’t a threshold which you cross and then breath a sigh of relief because you have just  reached “herd immunity”. Hence it’s a concept, not a hard target.

It’s just what I understand, so happy to be corrected.

• Like 2