New vaccination website launched tomorrow

13 minutes ago, SooKee said:

Unlike the old Intervac site this one doesn't allow you to select a vaccination location, the downside with the Intervac site was that the links would open up then quickly fill up and close. The only option I wouldn't fancy is Bang Sue.  Luck of the draw I guess, unless they mail you a link to select one from a number of sites available on your appointment date, managing it centrally rather than leaving to each hospital.  All sounds far to well organised, time will tell.

For those that aren't aware, this registration needs you to upload a copy of your passport details page and your current permission to stay in Thailand (visa / extension) so you need to have those ready.

Saw the passport copy request, did not see the Visa extension.  Hope that does not disqualify me.

5 minutes ago, DrPhibes said:

Saw the passport copy request, did not see the Visa extension.  Hope that does not disqualify me.

Might be worth registering again using a different email address just in case, not sure though if it will cross check any existing details like passport number that might prevent a duplicate registration.

1 minute ago, DrPhibes said:

Well, isn't that special...

It was worse

Richard Barrow
@RichardBarrow
·
21m
Someone sent me this screenshot. He told me he was able to view the personal data of anyone in the database. He said it wasn’t a hack. He just entered a certain address to see it.

UPDATE: Looks like they’ve now closed the loophole to stop outsiders viewing the database.

Suspect I'll hear from a Nigerian Prince before I hear about a vaccination.

I can't get on. with this site. I entered my email address on the first page....and then waited and waited before trying again. At the next try I had an error message saying that my email address was already taken by someone. So I tried again with another email address, with exactly the same result. 

Anyone have any bright ideas???

9 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

It was worse

Richard Barrow
@RichardBarrow
·
21m
Someone sent me this screenshot. He told me he was able to view the personal data of anyone in the database. He said it wasn’t a hack. He just entered a certain address to see it.

UPDATE: Looks like they’ve now closed the loophole to stop outsiders viewing the database.

Suspect I'll hear from a Nigerian Prince before I hear about a vaccination.

Did this include the passport upload ? If so It is almost like those simple quizzes used to scrape data?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pedrogaz said:

I can't get on. with this site. I entered my email address on the first page....and then waited and waited before trying again. At the next try I had an error message saying that my email address was already taken by someone. So I tried again with another email address, with exactly the same result. 

Anyone have any bright ideas???

I had to use different e-mail addresses, have teens and a thai wife so tons of them until the site took.  It was the 4th e-mail address that got me in.  Have a pic of your passport picture section and your visa/extension ready to drop and add in as part of the sign up.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, FridgeMagnet1 said:

I can’t answer that other than by saying that was the old website and this is the new one  

I just registered, this new website is more comprehensive than the old one because it asked for passport photo and medical certificates which the old website didn't require.

This is one whole mess, I think I registered at 4 different places now at different times. I suspect the previous ones were all deleted.

The government should really get their act together.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1

The first e-mail addresses I tried to sign up with (where the website bombed and would not let me go further saying the e-mail was already taken) had the next step e-mail to register show up 3 hrs after I tried to register originally with those first e-mail addresses.  Was successful with another e-mail so not responding.

After three attempts I managed to get my email registered, via which I have now been able to get into the registration page.

However, loading the requested documents is not working, I have the eternal spinning ‘processing’ logo.

I’ve tried via different devices, different browsers and on both fiber optic internet and G4, all present the same problem of documents not loading.

Anyone else suffering the same?

6 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Anyone else suffering the same?

I actually managed to get in after trying the 30ish email-address (using maildrop.cc) and encountered the exact same problem. It did work though after downsizing the attached pictures to a more reasonable size.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KhonKaen2014 said:

I actually managed to get in after trying the 30ish email-address (using maildrop.cc) and encountered the exact same problem. It did work though after downsizing the attached pictures to a more reasonable size.

My files are around 150Kb, I’ll try reducing them.

thanks for the info 

7 hours ago, FridgeMagnet1 said:

So that’s it is it? 

tried for 5 mins then gave it up and decided to have a moan instead. 

Peak expat 

Didn't give up, I actually run my own email servers and domains as I have 20 years in the dot com industry. Created about 5 more email addresses on my server. One finally went through and I finished the registration.

But as I said the web site is poorly coded, was obviously not load tested or put through any quality control which is standard for any web site offering an important service. TIT .. yea it's Thailand.. there is a reason it's inexpensive to live here --the infrastructure, education, management techniques etc etc are far below western standards.

Edited by likerdup1

11 minutes ago, likerdup1 said:

Didn't give up, I actually run my own email servers and domains as I have 20 years in the dot com industry. Created about 5 more email addresses on my server. One finally went through and I finished the registration.

But as I said the web site is poorly coded, was obviously not load tested or put through any quality control which is standard for any web site offering an important service. TIT .. yea it's Thailand.. there is a reason it's inexpensive to live here --the infrastructure, education, management techniques etc etc are far below western standards.

Right so you successfully registered for a vaccine?

9 hours ago, DrPhibes said:

I had to use different e-mail addresses, have teens and a thai wife so tons of them until the site took.  It was the 4th e-mail address that got me in.  Have a pic of your passport picture section and your visa/extension ready to drop and add in as part of the sign up.

Finally got a response 8 hours later.

Just now, FridgeMagnet1 said:

Successfully registered?

My visa is at immigration.  I don't have a picture of it to upload stupidly.  I should have had a picture on file.

Anyway it worked much better than I expected.

Good link, well done.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Once you pass the email gauntlet this site is pretty straightforward.

Got an email anyway.

Does anyone have any clue where these will be administered? Hospitals? Bang Sue RR station?

I think not Bangkok.