Vaccine latest: AZ total will be 61 million, more Pfizer available in fourth quarter, Moderna end of year

webfact

So between AZ and Sinovac they have jabbed 28.1 million doses into arms, of course some of those are double vaxxed.  Does this Jive would the daily numbers.  Guess I need to see the numbers completed since March, and not just since the rollout in June.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

7 minutes ago, Pravda said:

My wife paid for moderna in October. So this is not the case anymore?

Still the same. I have paid for Moderna also. When I paid I expected to get jab early next year taking into account delivery due in Oct and queues. Now. with this delivery due 'end of year', I expect to get next year maybe by April-June? The hospital (THG) is holding onto my cash. Meanwhile the govt is since giving away Pfizers mRNA for free to those eligible. Who says they don't have a grip of things?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I think the article is wrong about moderna. According to other govt sources in other news articles the vaccine is in three shipment. 4 million Oct-Dec this years, 1 million Jan 22 and then 5 illil the end of the 1st qtr next year. My hospital is planning on this.

2 hours ago, Pravda said:

My wife paid for moderna in October. So this is not the case anymore?

They sold 9 million doses in total but are only getting 4 million at most in the 4th quarter (after giving 1 million to the Red Cross). It will be a matter of where you are in the Q and more importantly, who you know, in order to get Moderna in the 4th quarter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scrotobike said:

A totally unreliable source said there will be 55m Moderna. 55m Moderna and 55m Johnston vaccines by end Oct 2021. The source also added that 1,555,555,555,555 bhat in tourist revenue in 2022. 

Any other source than you?

2 hours ago, khwaibah said:

Not correct. Already in Surin.

It says here that Surin back-office staff have jumped the queue in front of all the priority groups. I'm guessing it must be for sale on the black market there. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

From previous news articles, my understanding regarding the Moderna vaccine was that 4.9 million doses had been ordered for delivery during the last quarter of this year. 1.1 million had been siphoned off by the Red Cross and the 3.9 million remainder would be allocated to private hospitals. The private hospitals had received orders for 9.2 million doses, thus leaving a big shortfall.

A second order for a further 5 million doses from Moderna is due to arrive during the first quarter of 2022.

I received an email on Sunday from the Sukumvit Hospital confirming my order, though the date for the vaccination will not be confirmed until they are in receipt the vaccine.  Admittedly there is plenty of scope for things to change but it does seem that they are still expecting to be in receipt of the vaccine as quoted in the original timeframe. 

I have also received a SMS from them advising that they are now taking orders for doses from the second order due next year.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, khwaibah said:

1 is a nurse from  from a government hospital  Rattanaburi. amphor .

so, from a priority group. Good to hear.

What is most distressing though is the accusation that Surin back-office staff have used their positions to enable themselves (And others?) to jump the priority queue and thereby endanger vunerable peoples lives.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, rbkk said:

so, from a priority group. Good to hear.

What is most distressing though is the accusation that Surin back-office staff have used their positions to enable themselves (And others?) to jump the priority queue and thereby endanger vunerable peoples lives.

When bread gets short the crust of civilization becomes very thin and brittle ...

• Like 2