Expatvac Bad News

RubbaJohnny

4 hours ago, Phulublub said:

Unlike those foreigners who are unable to properly  attach two photos as requested you mean?  Yes, let's assume whre the fault lies.

Thais dumb, farang rocket scientists to a man, and always blameless.

PH

My assumptions (based on my professional experience) along with the opinions of many other people on here were correct if you care to follow up at the link below. For you to challenge me analytically when it comes to anything IT related (human or machine) is a battle you will NOT win.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1227849-expatvac-replies/

49 minutes ago, CloseShave said:

I just received a new email giving me the opportunity to re-upload my passport and retirement visa photos. I just completed the upload which was sent successfully. So now I theoretically should be approved for the vaccination.

I actually managed to combine both the passport and Visa photos so I uploaded one photo which shows both documents.

There's a simple and free app in the Google Play Store that combines photos. It's called Image Combiner.

Did you make the call first?  So far no new email but I can wait if this will arrive anytime soon

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BobinBKK said:

My assumptions (based on my professional experience) along with the opinions of many other people on here were correct if you care to follow up at the link below. For you to challenge me analytically when it comes to anything IT related (human or machine) is a battle you will NOT win.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1227849-expatvac-replies/

Strange .....???? it looks i won ????.....and many farang also.....  as i saw this morning in Central Festival where many being vaccinated  ,same as i  was .....

Edited by david555
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Saltire said:

From the UK Embassy newsletter. If you got a rejection see last paragraph

News 

·       7683 British Nationals have received at least one dose of COVID-19 vaccine via Thailand’s vaccination programme (source: MOPH Immunization Centre 16th August 2021).

·       The CCSA have stated vaccines will be allocated as soon as possible and to as many as possible to generate herd immunity. Areas with high fatality rates will be allocated vaccines first, with persons in high risk groups given priority to receive a vaccine.

·       The Department of Disease Control has emphasised that people in high risk groups should get vaccinated as soon as possible.

·       You should contact Ministry Of Foreign Affairs directly on 025728442 if you successfully registered for a vaccine via the MFA website and have subsequently received an email stating your application has been declined.

No body picks up and line gets discounted after several minutes of waiting. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Speedhump said:

I sent passport page as a photo and visa page as a .pdf file. You can even send a document so you could even put an image in a .doc file. 

Congratulations. Who would have guessed that any of these alternatives would work.

Edited by placnx
saw following post
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RBOP said:

No body picks up and line gets discounted after several minutes of waiting. 

What would you expect after a hundred phone calls they might received  ....... would the U.K. embassy or any other one do different ?

Edited by david555
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Dario said:

How did I know? I just read many posts of others until I found one who explained the process. 

Which, of course shouldn't have been necessary. If Thailand had followed the usual way of giving your date of birth, a scroll-down menu as used by every other nation on Earth.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lks7689 said:

The gold standard Pfizer's efficacy has dropped to 39% against the Delta variant anyway. As long as the vaccine can prevent severe symptoms, I suggest you take whatever is available. 

This 39% is against infection, which could be aymptomatic. It's still important from the public health standpoint and the reason why CDC in the US is asking vaccinated people to wear masks indoors.

22 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Yes, I found that. Exactly like every other website in the world when you need to give your date of birth. NOT! Uniquely Thai.

I now do remember something similar in Dubai a few years ago. Not at all unique, but a little behind the times, and unintuitive. 

3 hours ago, billd766 said:

I wrote yesterday, some 19 hours ago on page 2 of this thread.

quote " I have had no rejection email but found the information in this thread.

My grateful thanks to RubbaJonny who started the thread and to all the other posters who replied and set me on the path of virtue and righteousness.

Just did it with a new email address and it failed. I removed the last letter of my name and the last number of my passport. 

I also posted both the photo page AND the visa page.

Success.

I wish it had been that simple the first time around."

There are several more of my posts in the topic about adding the 2 photos and the fact that my Non-Imm O visa that I got in 2009 is in an expired passport.

Congratulations, the engagement is set of course the coming together of <deleted> and client, the conummation to come, the anticpation is killing some. 2 more houses in nearby village have Covid no hospital Dr or vax hereabouts and I feel the remarkably consistent 20k per day is due to lack of testing.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

So has anyone been accepted and given a date for their vaccination with expatvac? 

Not yet. I've been accepted by email and told to check my emails daily for an appointment. As I'm not in BKK area I am supposed to be assigned a hospital in my area. How long this should take I have no idea. If it's going to be Sinovac first jab then I'm ignoring it anyway. 

"Your registration for the FIRST dose of COVID-19 vaccination is successful.

Once available appointment slot is sent to your email, please confirm within 24 hours.

Failure to confirm within 24 hours will result in the cancellation of your preregistration.

For those residing in provinces other than Bangkok and neighbouring provinces (Nakorn Pathom, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Samut Prakan and Samut Sakhon), the Ministry of Public Health will assign a vaccination site in your area. Your vaccination allocation will be provided according to priorities set by the Ministry of Public Health, i.e. age group, vulnerability, high risk zone e.t.c

Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Thailand
This is an automated message, please do not reply."

Edited by Speedhump
Added info
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

So has anyone been accepted and given a date for their vaccination with expatvac? 

Did you see the post above from David555?

I also have an appointment for tomorrow and I know of several acquaintances who were either vaxed today or have appointments - however all are in Pattaya. 

Mine was from the expatvac site as not registered anywhere else that I have been waiting on an answer from.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

Old question ,overruled &  passed already by many vaccinations done and planned appointments at Pattaya at Central Festival 6th floor

On 8/17/2021 at 2:38 PM, TheFishman1 said:

That all my passport information I sent them I’m here on retirement visa and they sent me a weird email saying I’m not eligible for the vaccine crazy TIT

Strange, I didn't even receive any email from them.

4 minutes ago, club said:

Bad news for Pfizer   

When I quoted a similar report about the Pfizer, somebody here accuse me of spreading misinformation.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/23/delta-variant-pfizer-covid-vaccine-39percent-effective-in-israel-prevents-severe-illness.html

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, EricTh said:

When I quoted a similar report about the Pfizer, somebody here accuse me of spreading misinformation.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/23/delta-variant-pfizer-covid-vaccine-39percent-effective-in-israel-prevents-severe-illness.html

Anyone that complains about the post has probably already had the Pfizer vaccine. I would be mad also after the way it was hyped up so much

4 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Your not suggesting Pfizer is as bad as Sinovac, when reading the link, it reports that it is right up there when it comes to protecting one from hospitalisation and severe illness, 39% effective of getting the disease isn't that big of a deal in my opinion, it's keep us out of hospitals and getting severely ill.

Will gladly take my chances with Pfizer and have Moderna as my booster next year as opposed to taking Sinovac or AZ thank you very much.

• Thanks 1