Damning news that the government didn't want you to hear: Desperate couple turned away by hospitals go to the police

webfact

Mrs rang helpline for a 24 year old factory worker at the weekend in Samut Prakan on his own in room, covid+ very ill with breathing problems. Half the factory had it including room mate who left to go home up country. Helpline response was no beds get a 'special taxi' back to Roi Et for 4.5k baht and go home. Not heard from him since.

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

2 hours ago, smedly said:

since this is a health issue lets not forget the health minister is equally to blame, nothing more to add, says it perfectly 

and there was me thinking the PM announced he was the 100% in charge of all Covid responsibilities  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

Begs the question why the need for insurance if there are no beds? Imagine returning and getting covid- here's my $100k covid policy, very sorry have no beds!

i would be in the same situation which would only leave me with one choice sue the insurance company for the 100 k 

unfortunately this is how a collapsed - or better say collapsing - health system looks like.

people just can't get the treatments they need, and not just for covid.

i can understand the will of the prime minister to prevent panick and fear.

on the other hand there is the people right to know so they can adjust.

let's hope things will get better from here.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, webfact said:

He issued a government gazette gagging order on the press coverage a couple of weeks ago for anything scary related to Covid-19 to be kept from you.

But the courts told him to get lost and overturned the ruling saying it was unconstitutional. Prayuth was forced to make an embarrassing about face and allow the press freedom to tell the truth.

The real PM.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

people dying in the streets of the Thai capital or being left where they fell, notes ASEAN NOW

Very bias and dramatized story by Naew Na.   

One guy was 80 yrs old ...... medicine for hypertension and diabetes was found on his body.  

Police suspect the others were homeless as no records of residence was found.

being left where they fell "  Police denied these allegations

...   of course they were laying where they fell,  until medical assistance and rescue arrived.

Of the homeless,  I believe 2 tested positive to Covid.   

• Sad 4