Video: Australian pensioner kicked over after he hit Thai man's car that failed to stop at zebra crossing

webfact

2 minutes ago, kennw said:

Yes dont you know that a Thai man driving a car is sooo much more important than someone walking and you should never cause him to lose face by smacking his car.

or expecting them to stop??

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Will B Good said:

He was lucky in way, could have been stabbed or shot. My wife goes ballistic if a I say or doing anything when driving, she is genuinely scared that some idiot will pull a gun.

Mine says exactly the same thing & I know she's right.

Cant do much when you're confronted by Morons.

7 hours ago, Will B Good said:

He was lucky in way, could have been stabbed or shot. My wife goes ballistic if a I say or doing anything when driving, she is genuinely scared that some idiot will pull a gun.

Same here. 

My wife  asked me many times not to use common words as F. ck  e.g.

There are too many violent and drugged Thai men outside or driving, hands on a gun or a knife or machete. 

7 hours ago, fredscats said:

The old guy was an idiot for thinking anyone would stop for him

I don't live in Chiang Mai but in the time I have stayed there I would say the drivers in general are more courteous than any other area of Thailand I have been in.

Over here, people who walk or bike are poorer than ones with cars, so they don’t matter.  When walking in Thailand, you must understand that and look out for yourself.  It’s the mentality here.  That being said, attacking an 80 year old man from behind is not something to be proud of.  

5 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

This works for most things, in any foreign countries. 

How would you react if in , say, Vancouver BC standing right on the kerb on a normal street and a car stopped because they thought you wanted to cross?

Good to see a defensive driver who think ahead and see the upcoming traffic picture. 

noun: racism
prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against a person or people on the basis of their membership in a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized.

8 hours ago, Clydesdale said:

What action will the police take against the car failing to stop at a zebra crossing when there is a pedestrian on it ?

Nothing!!!! As I have posted a number of times about nearly being hit by

a police car/motorbike whilst on a crossing.

8 hours ago, Will B Good said:

My wife is exactly the same, says alot about this country if Thais are scared of the idiots also

Been there..Done That!

Ears are still ringing!!! ????

• Like 1

5 hours ago, chuang said:

80 years old trying to be a hero...which car owner likes his car's bonnet to be banged... not happy take a snapshot of the plate and report to the police..see what happens.

Not happy to be 80 years old and nearly run down on a pedestrian crossing that is there for pedestrians to use and at which in any civilised and polite country the driver would stop. That is what they are there for, but most Thais are too stupid to know or they don't care in the Land Of Me First. And not happy to be 80 years old and kicked to the ground.

My wife, on her first trip to the UK, was stunned when the first car, or certainly the second, stopped to let her cross. Something she'd never experienced in her own country.

You aren't Thai by any chance are you? If you are then I accept that you just don't know any better or how You First instead of Me First operates in civilised countries.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have said many times in this forum and yet people still don't listen.

In all countries in Asia except Japan, people don't stop for you at Zebra crossing. You cross Zebra crossing only when there's no incoming car.

There are many previous incidents in Thailand regarding foreigners not knowing Thai laws.

Don't use western laws in Asia. Thai people don't know western laws.

Edited by EricTh
  • Sad 1

My wife also. Very sorry for this guy, same age as myself, but extremely unwise to touch someone else's car. Not just in Thailand either.

5 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

rubbish,  500  baht fine for  not  stopping, never  enforced of  course

Really? Then please cross whenever you like at a zebra crossing in the future. We will see what happens in a serious accident.

Show me a person who was fined 500 baht for not stopping at a zebra crossing with no traffic lights.

So are you gambling your life versus a '500 baht fine' for that other person?  

Edited by EricTh
  • Sad 1