Pattaya: Beautification of Beach Road may be illegal - permission not sought amid encroachment fears

webfact

Aint rocket science, just push the sand back toward the water front and reclaim the land from the ocean/sea/gulf or what ever it is down there.

It is a world wide trend!

Palm trees can be replanted with their bulb root structure.

Edited by bdenner

Judging by this picture , I don't think widening it is a particularly bad idea. Its a little narrow when you have walking traffic going both ways. Now there can be a proper bike lane as well.

And there's some room for kiosks and stuff when there is a festival going on.

beach-promenade-and-beach-road-in-pattay

• Confused 2

I've been reliably informed that the official "town planner" in Patts is 9 years old and his tools consist of two six inch rulers (formerly a one footer but it broke) , a blunt 4B pencil stub, a 210 piece set of leggo, and one of those city street playmats of Miami.  

That's where the Miami idea came from.  We should be thankful it wasn't a street playmat of Venice. Oh wait........

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Harsh Jones said:

Judging by this picture , I don't think widening it is a particularly bad idea. Its a little narrow when you have walking traffic going both ways. Now there can be a proper bike lane as well.

I thought the sand keeps getting washed away and they have spent big money replenishing it.. So if the beach is smaller......

So the idea is make the beach smaller and make the walking area inhospitable for relaxing and enjoying the view? Sounds like a draw for rich tourists to me.

I still don't understand what the local government expects the tourist draw to be. In Miami they have a crazy night life. But Pattaya wants a boring, sanitized walking street. Please somebody explain the plan to draw tourists to me.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Honestly this is what I would like to see happen to every last one of those bloody Palm trees (chop).......And I am a tree lover too...

Tree-Service-Cost-3.jpg

That ain't no palm tree!

3 hours ago, elgenon said:

But Pattaya wants a boring, sanitized walking street. Please somebody explain the plan to draw tourists to me.

Singapore became boring and sanitised, but attracted rich tourists. It's possible, but Thailand has a few things that make it unlikely to succeed using the Singapore strategy.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Gsxrnz said:

I've been reliably informed that the official "town planner" in Patts is 9 years old and his tools consist of two six inch rulers (formerly a one footer but it broke) , a blunt 4B pencil stub, a 210 piece set of leggo, and one of those city street playmats of Miami.  

That's where the Miami idea came from.  We should be thankful it wasn't a street playmat of Venice. Oh wait........

The trouble is they use metric measurements here not imperial. Mind you that does mean another expensive contract to put it right afterwards.  ????????????????

• Like 1

So considering the back ground of the Mayor of Pattaya, is anyone surprised of why there have been no permits

etc, on many developments in Pattaya or area?  I could be wrong, but back ground checks may uncover

some of the reasons.

Geezer

33 minutes ago, morrobay said:

Unnecessary widening kickback projects that include unnecessary kickback parking lots like the disaster at Naklua seafood market. As well as that bs parking lot at Jomtien North end that never has cars there. That was before a nice sandy area with large shade trees. How much longer can these people keep getting away with taking the environment to ruin. There's a reason they want the oblivious chinese tourism. Because that's about all they are going to get- hopefully. Well these folks on here that keep saying " if you don't like it leave" starting to sound more credible every day.

The new Neo-Pattaya is a treeless (except Palm trees) parkless, natureless, artless  concrete and steel paradise with lots cctv cameras and plenty of blue parking lots......Were getting closer to the dream every day......

Edited by redwood1
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, kimamey said:

The trouble is they use metric measurements here not imperial. Mind you that does mean another expensive contract to put it right afterwards.  ????????????????

Tell me about it, but somehow describing a 15cm ruler just doesn't carry the same weight as the proverbial 6 inches.

• Like 2

On 8/27/2021 at 4:47 AM, Harsh Jones said:

Kiosks for when festivals are on? Any place kiosks are plonked they tend to stay ! And their immediate surrounds drenched in waste liquids and oils etc. Refuse bins populated by cockroaches and rats. All permitted by some official who collects payment for the priviledge. 6 months on from completion the gloss will have been buried.

• Like 2