Killer cops’ case sheds light on rampant police abuse of suspects, reform unlikely – HRW

snoop1130

9 hours ago, Enzian said:

The statement that the PM is "directly in charge of the RTP" is not technically or functionally true, to my understanding of the structure. The military and the RTP in the history of the country have always been separate and competing institutions. Of course Prayut is in a sense now government and not military, but that doesn't change anything. And of course he has influence, but then to do anything he would have to start thinking outside the cultural box, which doesn't seem his strong point.

The head of the police reports directly to Prayut who is the minister responsible in addition to being the PM. I think he made this change after the election.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

But it took less than 100 scams. 

.... amazing Thailand, with so much plastic waste in the ocean and everywhere else in LOS they should have used paper bags - at least to show a fraction of environment care in the absence of human respect - but no, not that either ...  

R.I.P.

• Haha 1

The so call Government is in name only!  they stand together for photo ops just for a show!  Bangkok is like a country in itself outside of it when the cameras are all gone every province, every local district they just do as they please the reason nothing gets done nationally. If everyone depended on the distribution nationally they would never get ahead.  ???? 

Now that the spot light is on everyone they suggest looking into the finance of everyone when I heard that I couldn't stop laughing that would really open more than one can of worms?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

Come on guys, we know it's just another day in the LOS, wai, reinstatement to a lessor position because of how much of a great cop he was in the force and how he "saved" thousands of kids from these drug dealers.

He didn't mean to kill the drug dealer, just scare him while trying to extract information, and just because he forgot how long a person could breath for with plastic bags over his head shouldn't make him a bad person,  he killed the drug dealer, and because he tried to cover the murder with a death certificate showing the death as a different cause and he ran away because he panicked and was inexperienced, shouldn't make him a bad person, we are all humans and he had a very stressful job and we should accept that mistakes happen, suffice to say if he had killed more of them, think how much safer Thailand would be.

He deserved to live in such a mansion and drive 29 luxury cars so that he can destress, 10,000 baht fine and court costs should do it.

His demotion to a police teaching instructor on how to treat suspected drug dealers with plastic bags will send a clear message to drug dealers into the future thus, making Thailand a safer place to live for our kids.

I think they got the information out of the guy just using one plastic bag. so now that they know where the money is hidden they threw on another 5 bags to finish him off. After all 6 bags is defiantly an over kill.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

Come on guys, we know it's just another day in the LOS, wai, reinstatement to a lessor position because of how much of a great cop he was in the force and how he "saved" thousands of kids from these drug dealers.

He didn't mean to kill the drug dealer, just scare him while trying to extract information, and just because he forgot how long a person could breath for with plastic bags over his head shouldn't make him a bad person,  he killed the drug dealer, and because he tried to cover the murder with a death certificate showing the death as a different cause and he ran away because he panicked and was inexperienced, shouldn't make him a bad person, we are all humans and he had a very stressful job and we should accept that mistakes happen, suffice to say if he had killed more of them, think how much safer Thailand would be.

He deserved to live in such a mansion and drive 29 luxury cars so that he can destress, 10,000 baht fine and court costs should do it.

His demotion to a police teaching instructor on how to treat suspected drug dealers with plastic bags will send a clear message to drug dealers into the future thus, making Thailand a safer place to live for our kids.

That is exactly what may come true, the big cover up is in the design department

• Like 2

I don't think there are many people here in Thailand who are not aware of the corruption in the Police force 

This has been going on for many  years and trying to get rid of it will be impossible in the short term and no doubt the long term 

It's embedded to deep from the bottom to the top 

• Like 2