Mouthwash developed by Mahidol Uni can kill coronavirus in the mouth

snoop1130

9 minutes ago, Iforbach said:

Tell me the trollers on here..do u reside in thailand or just winge moan ..from afar ..u should all put heads together and make a wooden hut ..hate see u in a bar . You would kill happy hour .

And your 99% positiveness will start a party even at a funural(happy hour everywhere right) . I remember the video about that foreigner that started to dance outside at a funural because he heard music being played , was that you by any chance ?? 

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The faculties of Dentistry and Tropical Medicine at Thailand’s Mahidol University claim to have jointly developed a mouthwash formula which is 99% effective at killing the COVID-19 virus in the mouth, preventing it from replicating in human cells.

Most research studies say people get infected with C19 virus via aerosols, and that the virus are inhaled or made in contact with eyes, nose and mouth.
How could this mouthwash effectively kill 99% of C19?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

And since the infection quickly travels down the throat and into the lungs is this really beneficial? Does it do any more than Listerine would? Primary infection can also be in the nose, that is where they stick a ruddy great long Q-Tip when they test for it. 

Wear your mask (and you dummies, that includes over your oversized nose).

On the assumption the majority of us breath  through the nose not the mouth, what flippin good is this, i wont be investing,  im out.

• Haha 1

Welcome in the modern world.

I use a mouthwash, called Betadine. It is based on iodine and can buy it in every pharmacy or drug store. 

On the other side, if that is based on rice, so I guess it contain also alcohol.

Can I order some bottle to my quarantine-hotel next?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, JohnOFphon said:

You can kill a virus.

Called phages, they hijack bacteria by landing on the hapless cells and injecting them with a ream of genetic material. Then, the phages use the commandeered cells to multiply.

Similar to the new coronavirus, these phages are excellent parasites. They can be aggressive, dogged, and seem to act with purpose. Yet, many microbiologists who know viruses best say it's a stretch to call any virus truly alive. And so, they can't be killed — only disarmed, like pulling the plug on an appliance.

edit..... can't.....

52 minutes ago, ourdon said:

So does hydrogen peroxide from the pharmacy at Big C.  25 Baht.  One part H2O2 two parts water.  Two minutes gargle and rinse with water.

Good for our breath also

Every time I’ve been out I do about the same. Plus rinse out my nose with salt water and then drink water hoping to wash any virus down into my tummy… no idea if it works or not but 

1 hour ago, Almer said:

On the assumption the majority of us breath  through the nose not the mouth, what flippin good is this, i wont be investing,  im out.

I (riskily) point out to farangs with masks below nose "Unless you're a mouth breather, that mask won't do you any good". Maybe they are ahead of the curve and are mouth breathers with Listerine travel size on them