Mouthwash developed by Mahidol Uni can kill coronavirus in the mouth

snoop1130

2 hours ago, ourdon said:

So does hydrogen peroxide from the pharmacy at Big C.  25 Baht.  One part H2O2 two parts water.  Two minutes gargle and rinse with water.

Good for our breath also

And has tooth whitening properties. 

13 hours ago, wensiensheng said:
15 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Are these the same people who claimed a cure for covid over 12 months ago, or a different crew?

Possibly the crowd who claimed a cure for cancer a few years back?

Different university. I wonder why it never caught on. So, now Thailand has invented a mouthwash made from rice that can kill Covid. One way of increasing the fading rice export market, I suppose. I love this country. Where else could come up with this stuff? 

• Haha 1

its in the interest of ALL of us, Jacko45 made the point, at Mouth, is too late,  the virus has already lodged in your nose, But! that can be taken care of with a Nose, Mouth & hand spray which you can make at home, there is a website that is a live report on treatment of hospitalizations world wide, that also lists the real recovery rates, currently a candidate is achieving 82% WORLDWIDE, a lot of them you have or can get, we are talking of natural things like Cumin combined with a Thai product. I hear the horror and springing to the sharpeners, but consider this IF Cumin sprayed up your nose did stop it developing into a full scale attack then it would build your immunity, or at least made it go away without a week in Hospital. all for a yellow nose? ???? 

6 hours ago, Iforbach said:

Tell me the trollers on here..do u reside in thailand or just winge moan ..from afar ..u should all put heads together and make a wooden hut ..hate see u in a bar . You would kill happy hour .

Have you been snorting that new wondrous Thai Covid cure ? 

16 hours ago, shdmn said:

Not that anti-vaxxers will care about such inconvenient facts.  On the bright side, this is an improvement from touting a horse dewormer.

Just to clarify. While Ivermectin is used for animal dewormer, there is also human grade tablets. They've been around for many years, and are approved for human consumption, for treatment of onchocerciasis, helminthiases, and scabies.
Here's the link from NIH
https://www.covid19treatmentguidelines.nih.gov/therapies/antiviral-therapy/ivermectin/

Edited by BadSpottedDog

16 hours ago, shdmn said:

Not that anti-vaxxers will care about such inconvenient facts.  On the bright side, this is an improvement from touting a horse dewormer.

Very ignorant statement. Malaria & parisites to name 2 others! Get a grip. 

• Like 1

I notice we have our normal lot of "Thai Bashers" back on a subject like this.

The virus actually does stay in the mouth & throat for up to 10 hours before invading the body.

It can enter through the eyes but rare

One of Americas top viroligists recommended hot salty water with a bit of mouthwash added 

gargle 2 times for 2 minutes twice  a day as another part of hygiene to help beat the virus.

It has proven to help since.

A good mouthwash gargled properly such as they have come up with can help considerably 

in the fight, but of course it is Thai so you have to knock it.

I really do wonder why some of you even stay here

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, natway09 said:

I notice we have our normal lot of "Thai Bashers" back on a subject like this.

The virus actually does stay in the mouth & throat for up to 10 hours before invading the body.

It can enter through the eyes but rare

One of Americas top viroligists recommended hot salty water with a bit of mouthwash added 

gargle 2 times for 2 minutes twice  a day as another part of hygiene to help beat the virus.

It has proven to help since.

A good mouthwash gargled properly such as they have come up with can help considerably 

in the fight, but of course it is Thai so you have to knock it.

I really do wonder why some of you even stay here

That American virologist wouldn’t go by the name of Dr. D. Trump by any chance. You remember him the guy who told us to inject ourselves with disinfectant 

21 hours ago, HeijoshinCool said:

Do we have to snort and blow it out our nose?

It might work then as the virus breeds in the nose not the mouth! I I read that if in the mouth the virus simply gets swallowed and destroyed by stomach acid/digestive bacteria. Saliva probably attacks it too. The viruses that r ejected by coughing come from the lungs and throat.

The virus breeds in the nose not the mouth, and travels to the lungs via the throat.  I read that if in the mouth the virus simply gets swallowed and destroyed by stomach acid/digestive bacteria. So drinking plenty of anything is probably as good as anything. Saliva probably attacks it too. The viruses that r ejected by coughing come from the lungs and throat.

I travelled to India long ago and learned of a yogic practice of sniffing salt water up each nostril to flush out the sinuses. They even have little stainless steel 'teapots' with an upward spout to do this. It certainly works but is not exactly pleasant; a bit like the effect of seawater (but worse) when you must keep clearing your snotty nose when swimming in the sea. The salt, I suppose, irritates the sinuses. I dont do this but since India have substituted it with the much more convenient practice of deliberately sniffing water up my nose while showering and blowing it out of each nostril alternately  while holding the other closed. I do this a few times until your nose feels completely clear. This, I find most convenient to do after rinsing the shampoo which tends to irritate the eyes and nose anyway. It can also be done at the washbasin if washing your face. I reckon that this will flush out any viruses before they get too cosy and start breeding up there.

Edited by SunsetT

Isn't it here a slight possibility that the kind people in the Mahidol University are not completely stupid - perhaps even they have assumed what a reaction of the "experts" from the local expat community it will cause? That their advice could possibly be based on some kind of investigation, research? 

BTW, why we have not laughed our bellies full when getting advised to wash our hands? And to sanitise them properly? Do we breath through our hands? Or do we lick our hands often? (not necessarily all of us).

We were even instructed by the kind German EC chairwoman, showing us how she washed her hands. (Obviously, it's not so common in Germany?) But she stopped short to show us washing also her face, probably not to disturb her makeup. 

So, how many times a day we wash and sanitise our hands but the whole day long never the mouth. Any second thought?