Pattaya: Rain washes away 400 million baht beach - barriers and tunnel proposed

webfact

Storms will come again and again and wash away the sand.

If they made a longer hidden channel extending to the beach but covered up under the sand out of sandbags and geotextile cloth, the water would be better contained on its way out to sea and carry out far less sand.

Runoff would wash away the sand on top, exposing the sandbag channel underneath, then could be covered up again and repaired very quickly in just hours instead of losing most of the beach every time it rains.

well , that's one end of the beach that's a washout but I'm just waiting on the other end down here at the far end of Jomtien ! I already posted that it was a grave error not to build solid rock/concrete block "groins" into the sea first and as they have not done so I expect the strong cross currents will wash away all that sand soon enough !  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shdmn said:

Always entertaining watching the serial whiners here flop around like fish out of water.   Trying to squeeze the last ounce of negativity from any situation even if it's old news now.

I wish this website didn't remove that thread on the Sukhumvit tunnel all the perpetually wrong serial whiners where absolutely postitively sure was going to flood the first time it rained.  That thread should have been pinned at the top of this forum to show what a bunch of idiots these people are.

Are you going to tell us yet again that it was designed to do that, get washed away again and again ? We're not talking about the tunnel, we're talking about the beach, have you a thread to link to that would say that the beach was designed to wash away every time it rains ? If not why not ? Or are we just supposed to believe you ? Come on man, prove your worth, provide the link that states irrevocably that that is how it was designed, I'm hoping for a positive answer for when I wake in the morning or will call BS on your pathetic claim.

Oh, I found this, amongst many others re the tunnel, dunno which search engine you're using ????

Edited by Golden Triangle
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Are you going to tell us yet again that it was designed to do that, get washed away again and again ? We're not talking about the tunnel, we're talking about the beach, have you a thread to link to that would say that the beach was designed to wash away every time it rains ? If not why not ? Or are we just supposed to believe you ? Come on man, prove your worth, provide the link that states irrevocably that that is how it was designed, I'm hoping for a positive answer for when I wake in the morning or will call BS on your pathetic claim.

Oh, I found this, amongst many others re the tunnel, dunno which search engine you're using ????

So you found a picture of a constuction site from several years ago?  Cool story. ????

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, shdmn said:

What did you find exactly?  Walks us through this yarn you are trying to spin. 

No, you provide the link stating categorically that the beach was designed that way ?

You also stated that threads relating to the tunnel & flooding had been deleted, just a quick link to show that Thai Visa / Asean Now do not remove / delete threads, ever.

So where is your proof that the beach was designed to be washed away with every heavy rain............. 

• Like 2