Hua Hin: 100K foreigners spending 1.2 billion is highly likely to achieved

webfact

1 hour ago, beano2274 said:

I make it 192 passengers per flight if 40 flights per week in 13 weeks

100000 divided by 13 = 7692 passengers per week @ 40 flights per week = 192,3 passengers per flight

Still a number that will not be reached. I thought China still had quarantine issues with people returning to China!!

"Let's say that's about 40 flights over about 13 weeks. "

Is he saying a total of 40 flights over 13 weeks rather than 40 flights a week for 13 weeks?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, beano2274 said:

100000 divided by 13 = 7692 passengers per week @ 40 flights per week = 192,3 passengers per flight

Still a number that will not be reached. I thought China still had quarantine issues with people returning to China!!

It’s not totally clear, but their calculations seem to be based on 40 flights over 13 weeks, not 40 per week for 13 weeks.

But I’m not sure where the figure of 40 flights comes from. They note 7 airlines operating 3 direct flights a week. Which suggests 21 flights per week. I think there is more information not quoted in the article and that enables them to be confident of using a figure of 40 flights over 13 weeks, in their calculations.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bernietravelling said:

Sounding like real success story! ????

1.2 billion baht from 100.000 tourists,

that’s 12,000 baht per “tourist”.

… roughly 310 € or 265 £ per tourist … ????

A cardinal sin. UNDER estimating the amount of money to be spent. I bet he’s been fired already.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, beano2274 said:

we have seen most airlines are cancelling scheduled flights, from weekly schedule to consolidate pax from 7 days a week to 2-3 days a week.

there might a spike during the initial phase, when passengers who have been waiting for so long takes a leap of faith, but that interest will wane off as we have seen with various schemes launched in the past 12 months.

18 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

It’s not totally clear, but their calculations seem to be based on 40 flights over 13 weeks, not 40 per week for 13 weeks.

But I’m not sure where the figure of 40 flights comes from. They note 7 airlines operating 3 direct flights a week. Which suggests 21 flights per week. I think there is more information not quoted in the article and that enables them to be confident of using a figure of 40 flights over 13 weeks, in their calculations.

Because he is reading it as 7 airlines operating 3 flights a week (in total, between them) for 13 weeks = 39, call it 40 flights over the period.

Otherwise it could be read as 7 times 3 (21 flights per week) times 13 = 273 flights total. 

Not sure anyone could get to 40 per week.

3 hours ago, beano2274 said:

But it was 40 flights during 13 weeks in the calculated example, i.e. 3 flights a week...????

3 hours ago, webfact said:

A transport ministry advisor named Udon Olsan told Siam Rath that ambition plans to target 100,000 foreign tourists spending 1.2 billion baht in the fourth quarter were "very likely to be achieved" when Hua Hin reopens

This is worse than water-boarding.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Everyone wants to be look important here, and they have no clue what they are talking about, or how to arrange things... The Sandbox in Phuket is an example and now the same will happen in Hua Hin,, Phuket has direct flights too and so Hua Hin and there is no difference.. Hua Hin is not even fully vaccinated and studies proved that herd immunity for Delta needs 100% fully vaccinated people and not with 1 jab or 2 jabs of less effective vaccines. Let them talk.... we know better

All jumping on the "lets open up" band wagon... 

• Like 1

If it includes the foreigners that are already there the amount of money coming in is already significant

I remember a story about a town in the south east US that had a large military base nearby, locals complain about the bad soldiers and disturbance they caused. The base commander had the bank notes marked with a UV dot for the troops cashing their cheques. A week or so later at a town hall meeting they started checking the money and were astonished by the amount of currency coming to the town from the base. Complaints dropped off

Do the same with the expats here and see how much money we bring into the local economies 

• Like 2