You, at the "pearly gate".

swissie

At some point, we all will lose the "coffin dodging" game. Some believe that this is nothing but the beginning of an eternal sleep. Others believe they will end up at the "pearly gate". (Good behaviour on earth as a pre-requisite).

Let's assume you end up at the pearly gate and were granted entrance. A forum of heavenly administrators will give you the chance to make suggestions as to "what would make life easier for the earthlings without us having to start from scratch all over again"? You were then allowed to make your suggestions freely.

What suggestions would you make?

Please on a global scale. Restrictive immigration rules for long term Farangs in Thailand and the price of Beer Chang will not likely make it into the "high priority list" of the heavenly Forum designed to improve things for the earthlings.

So again, what suggestions would you present to the heavenly task-force, put into place to make live easier for the earthlings?

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

I would probably end up at that gate because I supported so many cute girls in my life.

Like @Grecian mentioned above, there should be more of those cute pretty girls who know how to make men happy. If men would be happy then they wouldn't do lots of the stupid things which they do now.

But obviously there is no god and no pearly gate and heaven and all those virgins and whatever. 

If there would be a powerful god it should be obvious to such a powerful and intelligent being what should be improved.

If there is a god he just ruined the last two years with Covid. Who needs such a good?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I know this is a "tongue in cheek" thread, but if I may put a serious thought to it, I'd limit every woman to a maximum of 3 eggs, which would ensure the planet could probably never be over run with environment destroying, polluting, war making humans.

Or alternatively switch the ability to give birth from women to men - same result ????

Edited by Saltire
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Saltire said:

Or alternatively switch the ability to give birth from women to men - same result ????

Nah. If men had to carry a lump around for 6 months ( first three months not very big at all ) suffer morning sickness, pica, stretch marks and the risk of fatal blot clots, not to mention agonising pain when giving birth, I doubt many if any men would get pregnant and IMO the human race would have died out long ago.

15 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I know this is a "tongue in cheek" thread, but if I may put a serious thought to it, I'd limit every woman to a maximum of 3 eggs, which would ensure the planet could probably never be over run with environment destroying, polluting, war making humans.

I think maybe you need an iq test before mating would be better, 10 smart people is better than 100 idiots reproducing 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 scousers at the pearly gates asking st  Peter can they come in, I'll ask God he said, tells god,  theres 3 scousers at the gates can they come in?, Ok says god, hour later st Peter comes back and says to god, theve gone, who the scousers says god, no st peter says, the <deleted>**king pearly gates...

20 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I'd suggest reversing all the healthy and unhealthy food options, so that chocolate, cream cakes, beer and other junk food become the healthy options and fresh fruit and veg are put on the danger list

I dont think we would want them if they were health we like to live dangerous 

12 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Nah. If men had to carry a lump around for 6 months ( first three months not very big at all ) suffer morning sickness, pica, stretch marks and the risk of fatal blot clots, not to mention agonising pain when giving birth, I doubt many if any men would get pregnant and IMO the human race would have died out long ago.

I've carried a lump around for 6 years and get morning sickness after 8 chang.

On 9/25/2021 at 8:50 PM, CharlieH said:

One universal language to avoid misunderstandings and ease communication of all people.

Remove all religions. (Guess that would make the perly gates redundant?) As its probably the single most cause of conflict death and war.

Yep! Fully agree on all counts. But 3/4 of the earthlings seem to need some kind of "god".

Case in point: In Russia, during communist rule, religions were banned. As soon as communist rule ceased, "god" made a spectacular comeback in Russia.

But it's conveniant to have a god. Whatever humans screw up, in the end it was always "the will of god". With this concept in mind, humans have managed to navigate from one (self inflicted) desaster to the next over thousands of years.

When will "the age of reason" finally take hold instead?

As I mentioned earlier, I think it would stand you in good stead to turn up at the Pearly Gates with a book of scripture in your hand - preferably a dog-eared one, such as you might get in some of the charity shops, and if you knew a couple of lines out of it, for sure your path would be easier.

I am guessing that there are two entrances to heaven - the pearly gates for the self-righteous, and devestatingly tedious, like me, and fiery ones at back for slappers and tarts.

• Haha 1

On 9/25/2021 at 11:50 AM, CharlieH said:

One universal language to avoid misunderstandings and ease communication of all people.

Remove all religions. (Guess that would make the perly gates redundant?) As its probably the single most cause of conflict death and war.

Perhaps. Probably much more overwhelmed and instigated by culture and politics.......in which religion is deeply integrated.