Thai tourism in a "coma" - confidence at its worst level since records began, says academic

webfact

1 hour ago, Neilly said:

I have no idea where they pull these figures from...in Samui I'd say the figure was closer to 15% open, 50% closed temporarily and 35% gone to the wall

Might be depending on where on the island you look, how do you get the impression that 33 percent have "gone to the wall"..?

20 minutes ago, Neilly said:

The figures are for tourist related businesses, and from what I see driving around (I'm not including all the 7-11's and Family Marts that have shut) there are hardly any, no Safari Tours, bars, bike rentals...I live in the south of the island and you'd be hard pushed to find a restaurant that's open. 

There are no tourists - the so far hardly 1,000 Samui+ won't count anything that matters - so of course most tourists businesses are closed at the moment; but how do you know that "35% gone to the wall"..?

The 7-Elevens and Family Marts with blocked window seems more like temporary closed, until the situation change; a permanently closed convenient store from those chains will normally be totally dismantled within a week.

5 hours ago, Neilly said:

I have no idea where they pull these figures from...in Samui I'd say the figure was closer to 15% open, 50% closed temporarily and 35% gone to the wall

That's just Samui, every province has different issues.