Can we trust the Thai government to keep its word on November 1st?

Scouse123

Great news for some of us about the lifting of quarantine and accepting most types of vaccines to visit the UK.

I have business to attend to and also haven't seen my sons for two years and more. I am all geared up and ready to book my flight.

I will get to Kalasin and obtain the printed hospital copy of my Pfizer vaccines which I also have on my phone with the app. I will also try to get the book from the department of diseases control or whatever it is. So, hopefully there will be no ambiguity or concerns for airport staff.

Now my biggest hurdle is can I feel confident to go and book the flights? I have done it three  times previously and luckily direct with Qatar so I was given a refund, although had to wait a while. No worries there, great airline.

However, can I put my trust in the Thai government to follow through with what they have stated and book my flight, or should I hold off until nearer the 1st November and await further announcements from the Thai hierarchy before booking ?

I don't want to book and face quarantine or sandbox on my return because due to unforeseen reasons the Thai government has pushed it back again.

Any views from those of you in a similar position regardless to where your destination is?

Edited by Scouse123

54 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

However, can I put my trust in the Thai government to follow through

Given the government's track record plus the vagaries of the Covid virus, it's always going to be a gamble.

If you're feeling lucky why not buy some lottery tickets too. 

Edited by Stocky
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I remember a time when most people I met in Thailand were adventurers.

This seemed to stop, especially when the likes of ThaiLustLines came on the go and retired tax accountants started coming to live here. 

Take a gamble, what the worst thing that could happen? You get a holiday in Phuket! 

Hahaha,

I am not into sex tourism and never an accountant, ex hotelier.

and....I don't like Phuket!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Scouse123 said:

Hahaha,

I am not into sex tourism and never an accountant, ex hotelier.

and....I don't like Phuket!

I wasn't meaning you.

Take a risk.

I'm in a similar situation, but I can work online, anywhere in the world. I'm thinking of flying to Italy, Spain then the UK, and maybe Columbia on the way home. 

• Like 1

I'd plan on a 7 day ASQ, at least through until 1/1/22. And a CoE, and COVID insurance through your current permission to stay.

If it gets lifted sooner then that's a bonus. Planning anything re: int'l travel will be a <deleted>-shoot for a while yet.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

I'd plan on a 7 day ASQ, at least through until 1/1/22. And a CoE, and COVID insurance through your current permission to stay.

If it gets lifted sooner then that's a bonus. Planning anything re: int'l travel will be a <deleted>-shoot for a while yet.

I have full insurance anyway including Covid 19, I suppose I could manage a sandbox for 7 days at a push but would prefer Samui if they got their act together but prefer Bangkok over both if I can wander around.

COE I don't know much about it but I hardly think a deal breaker.

4 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

should I hold off until nearer the 1st November and await further announcements from the Thai hierarchy before booking ?

You just answered your own question. Sound advice, personally I wouldn't book until I knew it was official.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Card said:

You got a refund when cancelling with Qatar for no reason? You mean a voucher?

Definitely not,

I booked to go fully refundable business class and I got cash back to the account that it came from.

• Like 1