Wise transfers not being processed as International (Specifically Bangkok Bank)

3 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

They can not guarantee 100% but seems to work at or close to 100% if you have them tag your account.

And if by the odd chance they use Kasikorn Bank, you can still get paperwork from a Kasikorn International Trade Center proving the funds came from overseas.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bbko said:

And if by the odd chance they use Kasikorn Bank, you can still get paperwork from a Kasikorn International Trade Center proving the funds came from overseas.

These can be found at many locations detailed in the following link (hopefully):-

https://www.kasikornbank.com/en/branch/Pages/result.aspx?q=dummy&option=6&lat=13.724599&lng=100.6331106

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

they sometimes use Dee Money, that will probably be more of a problem

I see people on AseanNow saying that periodically.  I've even said it simply because I saw some people say it AND because I was fairly sure my memory cells recorded someone on AseanNow saying their Wide PDF Receipt said DeeMoney was used as the partner bank, but I can't find that post now.  So, maybe my memory cells are making up stuff.

So here's my question: how many of you have seen on your Wise PDF Receipt that DeeMoney was used as the partner bank?

19 hours ago, KannikaP said:

all seems to be back to normal in that respect.

Time alone will tell, I think. It should not be forgotten that Wise are steadfastly refusing to provide a cast-iron guarantee that tagging will necessarily result in an FTT/International Transfer coding in all cases.

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Pib said:

So here's my question: how many of you have seen on your Wise PDF Receipt that DeeMoney was used as the partner bank?

Many times since change to Wise and sent to my non tagged Bangkok Bank account.  Last time 1016 today for 11 second transaction of $2,000.

Banking partner Deemoney

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, JohnOFphon said:

It's not your memory. There are a few people here that make things up. Don't believe everything you read. Maybe they get some kind of enjoyment by jerking others around.

I am not making things up - Deemoney was used today for my transfer as I reported above.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Many times since change to Wise and sent to my non tagged Bangkok Bank account.  Last time 1016 today for 11 second transaction of $2,000.

Banking partner Deemoney

Thanks...glad to see my memory cells were not failing me. 

Did some more googling and found another guy in another forum who said his Wise transfer was handled by Deemoney as the partner....see the 1st snapshot below. 

And below that I put another snapshot from the Deemoney website which says Wise and Deemoney interface for Thailand transfers.  To me the snapshot wording implies transaction flowing "from" Thailand as in when Deemoney sends money out of Thailand they will use Wise as a partner in other countries to finalize the transfer as in the last leg.   Now Wise is not authorized to send money "out of Thailand" but that does not mean Deemoney can not--which Deemoney can...that's their whole business as they have a BOT license to do such.    And it obvious Wise uses Deemoney when flowing money "to" Thailand....one of Wise's partners.

Snapshot: Another guy who said his Wise PDF Receipt shows Deemoney as the partner in the transfer

image.png.228cb7f82c7a0e4ea99fccfc19cf3472.png

Snapshot form Deemoney website

https://www.deemoney.com/wise/

image.png.f5a10b18431d829f1d57474066a619ce.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pib said:

Thanks...glad to see my memory cells were not failing me. 

Did some more googling and found another guy in another forum who said his Wise transfer was handled by Deemoney as the partner....see the 1st snapshot below. 

And below that I put another snapshot from the Deemoney website which says Wise and Deemoney interface for Thailand transfers.  To me the snapshot wording implies transaction flowing "from" Thailand as in when Deemoney sends money out of Thailand they will use Wise as a partner in other countries to finalize the transfer as in the last leg.   Now Wise is not authorized to send money "out of Thailand" but that does not mean Deemoney can not--which Deemoney can...that's their whole business as they have a BOT license to do such.    And it obvious Wise uses Deemoney when flowing money "to" Thailand....one of Wise's partners.

Snapshot: Another guy who said his Wise PDF Receipt shows Deemoney as the partner in the transfer

image.png.228cb7f82c7a0e4ea99fccfc19cf3472.png

Snapshot form Deemoney website

https://www.deemoney.com/wise/

image.png.f5a10b18431d829f1d57474066a619ce.png

It's also been mentioned a few times on Facebook, one person was concerned because he lived Nikon nowhere and was a long way from their Bangkok office

6 hours ago, Pib said:

I see people on AseanNow saying that periodically.  I've even said it simply because I saw some people say it AND because I was fairly sure my memory cells recorded someone on AseanNow saying their Wide PDF Receipt said DeeMoney was used as the partner bank, but I can't find that post now.  So, maybe my memory cells are making up stuff.

I've posted a screenshot on here in the past.  I (and Google) can't find it easily now, but here's another one from earlier this year.

1810919469_wisedeemoney.JPG.aa10bdaa8ad9f58523d183bb131e9f13.JPG

• Like 2

I wonder how someone could get a Credit Advice from Deemoney (if they even provide them) if the person needed a document from a "Thai financial entity"  because the Wise PDF Receipt was not acceptable.....like maybe going up against an immigration officer who only accepted Thai bank type financial docs to prove a transfer was international.  Yes, I know some immigration offices do accept Wise receipts, but I also expect "all" do not....like the ones that requires a 12 month statement from your Thai bank showing the monthly transfers coded as international.   

Additionally, Deemoney only has 4 branches and they are in the Bangkok area which makes it hard for anyone not living in Bangkok to possibly get a Credit Advice type doc from Deemoney if a person had to physically get it at a branch.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Pib said:

Yes, since February this year my Wise transfers from Singapore have used DeeMoney as partner bank. Though my reason for transfer is monthly living expenses. 

1811178721_2021-11-0218_53_22-TransferInvoice-Brave.jpg.ef2261fd0998a070050dc87fbdf9761a.jpg

Edited by Stocky
  • Like 2

On 11/1/2021 at 11:21 AM, lopburi3 said:

Should be FTT and I did at 0834 Thai time so will arrive today.  Believe cut off is 0900 for same day (our time).  

I usually do my transfer in the evening Thai time, and it turns up the following bank working day, usually between 2.00 and 2.05 pm Thai time.

On 10/28/2021 at 1:31 PM, JohnOFphon said:

So, I added Bangkok Bank NY as a recipient and sent a transfer from my Wise Borderless account to Bkk Bank this morning. 50 dollars. They also charged me  51c for the transfer.

I don't know if this will work or not.....but worth a shot. 

Did your above transfer test using the Bangkok Bank NY branch ACH/ABA routing number arrive your in-Thailand Bangkok Bank acct?  

11 hours ago, Pib said:

Did your above transfer test using the Bangkok Bank NY branch ACH/ABA routing number arrive your in-Thailand Bangkok Bank acct?  

NO. Bangkok Bank NY returned the transfer from Wise borderless NY.   Bangkok Bank NY will NOT transfer any money that arrives in a non IAT format. And Wise does not, and can not provide that format.

Do not transfer any money to Bangkok Bank NY from a Wise account!!!

They (Bangkok Bank NY) returned the money to my Wise account last night. 

Wise even refunded the 51 cent transfer fee.. That was nice of Wise..

@lexilis

@mojaco

Above JohnOFphon said his Wise transfer routed via the Bangkok Bank NY branch routing number rejected, but both of you made posts you had success (see your earlier posts below).

Wonder if you guys could give more detail on your transfers like confirming you did a local/domestic transfer to the NY branch using their ACH routing number 026008691 vs really doing a SWIFT transfer using a SWIFT code.   

Trying to figure out why your transfers succeeded but JohnOFhon's didn't.   Unless Wise and/or Bangkok Bank NY built a roadblock after you guys did your transfers, then it appears how you guys setup/sent your transfers is different from how JohnOFphon did his.

On 10/25/2021 at 6:47 PM, lexilis said:

"Do you have to have a multi currency account to make a transfer from my bank to Bangkok Bank-NY branch?

Can you use the Debit ACH pull from my bank to transfer to the Bangkok Bank-NY branch? Thanks"

I did the transfer through BBK NY as a domestic (US) transfer from my Wise USD account (which I have no idea is a "multi-currency account" or not). It was in my Thai BBK account (in Baht, coded FFT) in two days.

As Pib noted, BBK NY only accepts incoming transfers to Thailand IF they are in the International ACH (IAT) format. To avoid an issue with that, fund your Wise account with the Debit ACH, then do the transfer from that to BBK NY.

On 10/29/2021 at 4:33 PM, mojaco said:

Yes my test send from Wise via Bangkok Bank, New York showed up in my bank account the following morning instead of 2:00 PM the previous day like I thought it would.

10 hours ago, keithcresswell said:

It happened to me today where my transfer from the UK showed as domestic. I phoned Wise who said that the option for using Thai immigration is going to be removed from the app. Basically it was my problem not theirs.

Keep trying to get your accoutn tagged...took me a while to find a Wise Rep who understands..maybe helps if you include screen shots of replies on here from Wise saying they have tagged accounts...my latest reply from Wise:

Thanks for coming back to us, and I apologize for the late reply. 

As it seems, we are able to add an option to show that the transfer has been sent out internationally, and this means sending out via a different banking partner. 

With this in mind, we have added this option to your profile, although we cannot guarantee 100% that the funds will be sent via that partner. 

With this in mind, your future transfer should have this tag, to allow you to oblige with the regulatory requirements of the local government. 

If you have any other questions, feel free to reach out!

Not due another transfer for a while, but we will see what designation I get.  In my BKK passbook I see I have some transfers FTT, some not.  It actually makes no diference to me as I maintain the 800K, but always worth having a fallback and useful for others who may need to facility if Wise are fully up to speed with options and needs.

PH

As I said somewhere up-thread a week or so ago, I successfully did a transfer through BKK NY (using their ABA 026008691) which was deposited in two days into my Thai BBK account and coded as FFT. This means that Wise sent the money to BBK NY in the IAT format (otherwise BBK NY would have returned it). To test this again just now I made another transfer of USD from Wise to BBK NY. I'll post the result when it comes in.