Thailand sets out seven conditions for foreign arrivals without quarantine

webfact

1 hour ago, zzaa09 said:

Remember.......there's the insurance catch. Their insurance catch.

Yes, it's quite likely that they will stipulate or encourage the use of Thai insurance companies.

Thai Embassies have been accepting the use of the Emirates free "Thai covid" policy up until now for people applying for their CoE, and other people have had their own domestic policies accepted (in some cases). But most people bought one of the Thai policies.

After 1st of November, who knows.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Who wants to see an International Vaccine Certificate  (yellow book) ?

The Vaccine Certificate provided after your second jab (and held on the MorPhrom app) is sufficient evidence of being fully vaccinated.

Of course it should be enough, but Thailand is making a new International Vaccine Certificate, and a fear is that they will want to see it since they are producing it.  However, the issue comes down to as you say Who wants to see it?  I was trying to get ahead of the issue, but instead found as well as another did that there are hoops to jump through again for anything needed here in Thailand.  It does get frustrating.  The other issue that #5 brings to the plate might be an overthinking issue for me, but then if I can go home to my humble abode here in BKK after arriving instead of booking a hotel I will.  I guess we will have to just wait and see what the devil in the actual details is once published.  Speculation on my part, and creating a mountain out of a molehill before the molehill has appeared, something I do a great bit of unfortunately.

• Haha 1

Just now, ThailandRyan said:

Of course it should be enough, but Thailand is making a new International Vaccine Certificate, and a fear is that they will want to see it since they are producing it.  However, the issue comes down to as you say Who wants to see it?  I was trying to get ahead of the issue, but instead found as well as another did that there are hoops to jump through again for anything needed here in Thailand.  It does get frustrating.  The other issue that #5 brings to the plate might be an overthinking issue for me, but then if I can go home to my humble abode here in BKK after arriving instead of booking a hotel I will.  I guess we will have to just wait and see what the devil in the actual details is once published.  Speculation on my part, and creating a mountain out of a molehill before the molehill has appeared, something I do a great bit of unfortunately.

Thoughts control!  Pink Floyd were right????

I know 100% that I don't need a yellow Vaccine Passport...................................................but I got mine on Monday  -  what can I say!  ????

The issue is that there are only 100 offices issuing the yellow books and the request function on the MorPhrom keeps crashing apparently. They are hand written (mine was) and it takes about 20 mins..................I doubt that they can keep up with demand.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Still waiting to hear how those of us that live here and then travel out and back can show proof as the #5 requirement requires.  If as Anutin says we just need to be contactable and be tested within 24 hours of arrival, what stops me from going home, after of course taking a test at the airport, and not booking a SHA+ or ASQ hotel.  The newest roadblock for me is in obtaining the International vaccination certificate.  They want to see the hospital vaccination certificate but also want to see that my passport copy is certified, even though I have to bring the original with me.  Getting my passport certified by my embassy is not an easy thing to do and takes up to 10 days and at a cost of 1750 Thb plus the mailing fee of 100Thb.   

Wow. Thailand makes the International certificate of vaccination hard to get. Having done the vaccination in the US my CDC card does not even have passport number but I was allowed into the Sandbox, to board Domestic flights in Thailand, to get into business class lounges in EU, etc.

What do you do when you get a new passport the whole   rigamarole again? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shdmn said:

Let's play how many negative dramatic adjectives we can squeeze into a few short sentences.  ????

Did some Thai guy steal your wife and dog?  All you ever do on here is try to paint Thailand as negatively as possible.  What do you think you are accomplishing exactly?

The truth.

• Like 1

Just now, stigar said:

I use eouropien  .the best cimpany in the world so far.They DONT covverd thailand now because of tracvel restreicitions,My lat trip in thailand i get sick in my hotel.The manaager bin my hotel ordrer a anbalunce.So i ender with a bill about 43.000 ..11 hour i said im ok..thay didnt care..they came in my room many times withnthis and that,,

huh?

Just now, Jeffr2 said:

Sun in Croatia?  It's cloudy, raining the next few days. High is 19 or 20C. Low on Sunday will be 10C. I'll stick with Thailand.

He sent me photo's Wednesday.. looked great.... still cheaper than a family holiday here.

But agreed I'm enjoying the temps here [even the winter ones]

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Thoughts control!  Pink Floyd were right????

I know 100% that I don't need a yellow Vaccine Passport...................................................but I got mine on Monday  -  what can I say!  ????

The issue is that there are only 100 offices issuing the yellow books and the request function on the MorPhrom keeps crashing apparently. They are hand written (mine was) and it takes about 20 mins..................I doubt that they can keep up with demand.

Where did you go to get one, I will do it in person if there are none of the ridiculous paperwork the App is asking for as well as the e-mail I received.

So what if you got the Johnson and Johnson shot that is a single shot?  Guess I cannot go to Thailand ever? Lol.  Kind of stupid rules overall.  

My health insurance policy doesnt show how much they cover it is all basedvon what you need done and Drs you go to their prices.  

• Sad 1

Not perfect but better.

Be great if you can pick and choose what hotel. However, I'm sure they ring out your pockets for some ASQ government approved place.

Its definitely going to be crazy.

I can see thousands of people stranded here when the next wave hits.

Flu strain might make things worse.

Good idea to be vaccinated against the yearly flu also. 

You don't want to be mistakenly thrown into a field hospital.

51 minutes ago, chilli42 said:

I wonder why a hotel booking is necessary if you are not in quarantine? In my case I would be staying at my house if not under quarantine. 

I understand this is meant to wait for the result of the PCR-Test taken upon arrival, but it is indeed nowhere mentioned what applies to those who have permanent residence in Thailand, and therefore most likely would not understand why they need a hotel on top of their own housing.

• Like 2

There will be more staff at the airport than tourists to much flip flopping by this incompetent administration the only so called tourists arriving will be the long term expats who got stuck due to Covid unless they open up bars and entertainment venues as well as ending the night time curfew tourists will choose more favourable countries .

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jotho said:

It is unfathomable how somebody there can be allowed to sit and come up with all these rules and changes constantly..  It is basically impossible for the majority of those wanting to travel to even think about booking something that is as uncertain as it can be...  Sure some pensioners could perhaps, but anybody working has ZERO chance of planning any travel with such uncertainty

"Planning?" What's that?

Don't you know Thailand operates on a "mai pen rai" principle? ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, IamNoone88 said:

It conveniently omits saying what happens to you if you test positive on arrival ... off to hospital you go I assume ...  

A quick look up and down to guesstimate what you can afford or how 'scruffy' you look and off you go to nice room or cardboard bed heaven, maybe.

Edited by overherebc

1 hour ago, shdmn said:

Let's play how many negative dramatic adjectives we can squeeze into a few short sentences.  ????

Did some Thai guy steal your wife and dog?  All you ever do on here is try to paint Thailand as negatively as possible.  What do you think you are accomplishing exactly?

Lets play "Are you even in Thailand" and still like to troll others who post no matter what the subject.  I have never seen a positive comment from you or a comment on an OP just comments about others.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

Giving a bad name to Children!  These rules come from Children to keep track of Children!

Somehow with all the health insurance ads it is no surprise they can't seem to let go of the insurance there must be a hell of a lot of money being pass back and forth in this industry! 

There are 7 condition within 6-7 is the big question that is still unclear!  You need to take a PCR test on arrival so the question is the claim " NO QUARANTINE "  but you need to have a hotel reservation?  

Currently with travel in Thailand for anyone especially Thais ( rumor )  done this recently is go to a Thai clinic and obtain a Antigen test, cost I paid was 590 baht, took no more than 15 minutes with result document given and off we went. I put the results in the glove box during our travel to a number of province we never got stopped nor was we ever ask for the documents!

How does this related?  Many Thais haven't been vaccinated yet they are roaming throughout Thailand unchecked when it comes to allowing foreigner who are most likely all vaccinated have to continue with all these restrictions it just continues to double, triple down how these leaders have made Thailand not the Land of Smiles but the Land of Stupid! 

Stop talk!  Pay now!

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2