Now open we will not shut again,  mayor makes pledge on behalf of Thailand and Pattaya

webfact

No going back even if the virus becomes stronger than the vaccine?  As new strains have already emerged in other countries that the vaccine has shown not to be effective against will political  promises  hold true?  I think still in so much as the way forward and what will be in regards public safety  vs tourism is still in it's infancy to say ,"no going back."

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Now open we will not shut again,

Try telling that to the many, many people involved in the entertainment industry, who still cannot earn money to feed their families !    

Tinder...Thai friendly..... Onlyfans....

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, NanaSomchai said:

Honestly; when was the last time you've been drugged or mugged in Pattaya since his "election"? When was the last time you've been shaken down by the local gangs since his "election"? When was the last time the PWA administration or the Pattaya Teedin office asked for a bribe since his "election"?

Right, never.

I have never been mugged or drugged in Pattaya. Never shaken down. Never asked for a bribe.Not since his election, nor prior to it

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Joe Farang said:

I have never been mugged or drugged in Pattaya. Never shaken down. Never asked for a bribe.Not since his election, nor prior to it

You need to get put more..... but that is the point, everything has been shut for ages even the muggers went back to the villages. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

What on Earth are you on about... most of the time he has been mayor the town has been in lockdown..... the City is an utter mess of dug up roads and pavements and derelict in many areas. There are people sleeping rough on the streets.

If you think you have it bad now, well... you'd have it way worse if it wasn't for his family controlling the area.

Pattaya is neither a Disneyland for adults nor the Family Friendly Resort some may want it to be.

I'll leave it at that.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, NanaSomchai said:

If you think you have it bad now, well... you'd have it way worse if it wasn't for his family controlling the area.

Pattaya is neither a Disneyland for adults nor the Family Friendly Resort some may want it to be.

I'll leave it at that.

I have lived here a while now and first came here around 1982..... it was nice back then and has gone through a lot of change. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, petermik said:

This chap is an utter fool..same as many others in authority here...he will do what his masters above tell him to do and nothing more.

Try engaging brain before opening mouth.

You really think anyone takes him seriously?  Politician's promises the world over are taken with a grain of salt today but in Thailand no-one listens to them in the first place (except for a laugh) lol!

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

You need to get put more..... but that is the point, everything has been shut for ages even the muggers went back to the villages. 

And when, or if, the Tourists return in any great numbers, the low life will crawl out from under their Rocks to continue their occupation of scamming, theft and assault.

Of that you can be certain.

We will see how good Khunploum is then, when the streets of his City are running with Gold again.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, webfact said:

Sontaya said that Pattaya has 100 SHA+ businesses to welcome the foreign tourists in safety and confidence.

How many small and medium business have been shut out for two years and now not allowed a place at the gravy-train with the expectations that they'll languish and die-off - as who needs the competition for the shrunken tourism dollars that are drying up and heading to friendly nations without the gauntlet of restrictions?

Saw them all in their yellow shirts and black jackets today surveying the scene at the entrance to Walking Street like a bunch of clueless gofers. I think they were trying to work out how big a piece of cardboard they need to cut to cover the hole they dug up a couple of months ago.

1 hour ago, Golden Triangle said:

I've been living here for 10 years and was coming here since 2004, never have I been mugged, drugged or shaken down, I also remember when his younger brother was mayor, never had a problem, so I've no idea what you are prattling on about. 

I couldn't agree more.