Thailand's Health Minister denied entry to Switzerland for WHO meet after vax with Sinovac

webfact

5 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

Yet, Thailand uses Sinovac for the first shot and Astra for the second, then the whole Thai population, will only be allowed to travel to China , good on you Anutin

nonsense

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Not hardly... The use of mixed vaccine regimens is increasingly being accepted in various countries around the world:

https://qz.com/india/2065374/where-can-you-travel-with-mixed-covid-19-vaccine-doses/

This was as of late September:

1301944178_MixedCOVIDdoses.jpg.f8aae685aa65f867255b7099557909dc.jpg

Also, by way of background:

Mix-and-match COVID vaccines ace the effectiveness test

Combining two different COVID-19 vaccines provides protection on par with that of mRNA vaccines — including protection against the Delta variant.

However, most of of the mix and match research and use that I'm aware of seems to involve combinations of the mRNA vaccines like Pfizer and Moderna with the different AZ vaccine -- and not so much the mixing in of either of the current Chinese vaccines.

Denmark, what is now this?

Vaxzevria brand, is that what we got in Thailand?

12 hours ago, webfact said:

The minister - who started the pandemic calling foreigners "dirty",

Has he just batted back with this little beauty..........just shared on another thread:

The government announced that starting in December, unvaccinated foreigners will now only receive the free mixed-dose model with one dose of Sinovac, then AstraZeneca as a second dose. Thais in outbreak areas and students will be given two Pfizer jabs. (1/2)

Locals in other provinces will have the choice of receiving a first dose of AstraZeneca, then Pfizer for their second dose or two doses of AstraZeneca. 2/2)

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1459105628824084483

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Has he just batted back with this little beauty..........just shared on another thread:

The government announced that starting in December, unvaccinated foreigners will now only receive the free mixed-dose model with one dose of Sinovac, then AstraZeneca as a second dose. Thais in outbreak areas and students will be given two Pfizer jabs. (1/2)

Locals in other provinces will have the choice of receiving a first dose of AstraZeneca, then Pfizer for their second dose or two doses of AstraZeneca. 2/2)

He just might have, in order to keep those wishing to head to Switzerland or as a temper tantrum without any true thought.

• Like 2

Such sweet news. The Cheap Charlie went with the lowest quality vaccine available, and it came back and bit them in the bum on countless levels.

Sometimes, you just have to man up and do the right thing. Though this lowlife would not know anything about that. Will they ever learn? Are they capable of learning? 

So you're telling me that the Health Minister of Thailand didn't bother looking at what vaccines were recognized in Switzerland before flying there? Really?

These are the people that are in charge of Thailand btw. Let that sink in. Absolutely unbelievable.

I love Thailand and think it's a beautiful country but alot of Thais seems to think that the world revolve around them and that everyone is only thinking about them. They seems to have absolutely no awareness about the reality and what's going on in the outside world.

I expect P'Ball from the mom n pop shop sipping on Kao Lao on Sunday morning watching Muay Thai to do that kind of mistake not the <deleted>**g Health Minister.

I really hope (won't happen) that the Thai people (at least those that are running the country) one day wake up and realize that they're being laughed at. But I'm afraid asking for them to be self-aware is asking too much.

Mai pen rai.....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dinsdale said:

So this is your response? Fantastic addition from someone who has consistantly supported the Chinese vaccines and said that people on here denigrade it. I guess the Swiss have the same idea as many on here. Your position is obviously in opposition to the Swiss government as you keep posting how good it is. What do you think about this? Fairly sure you will respond with an emoji. Please prove me wrong and answer the questions if you will. Is Sinovac any good? Why do front line workers who have had 2 jabs of sinovac need an mRNA vaccine. Why has Switzerland taken this decision? All valid questions which from all your posts I think deserves an answer rather than an emoji.

EDIT: Or not respond at all.

Wow. 

That’s some rant. 

For your information my response was for the language the poster used.  Surprised it’s still on here tbh, kind of colourful language that’s usually not encouraged, but that’s not my call. 

Now you best go lie down. 

Edited by Kadilo

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

I'm glad I got my 2 doses of Pfizer back in October 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 2long said:

That is brilliant. "Unvaccinated people will in effect be barred from restaurants, hotels, cinemas and theatres in the state of Brandenburg from Monday, "

In other words, "You had your chance idiots...now stay home! "

Edited by VBF
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

While everyone's laughing at Anutin, as am I, there's also a couple serious things to consider here...

1. If Switzerland rejected Anutin's 2 Sinovac plus 1 AZ vaccine history, that presumably means they're gonna do the same for any other Thai citizen who's had the same (and that's A LOT at this point) -- two Sinovac and/or two Sinovac plus an AZ booster.

2. I wonder how many other countries out there might be following the same kind of vaccine entry policy?  It's a bit of a strange decision considering that the WHO has approved both Sinovac and Sinopharm as legitimate vaccines, despite their less than stellar effectiveness.

I think part of it was the mix and match booster. I guess they can't really track the other unorthodox things they did like changing the duration between shots against the guidelines and halving dosages.

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Such sweet news. The Cheap Charlie went with the lowest quality vaccine available, and it came back and bit them in the bum on countless levels.

Sometimes, you just have to man up and do the right thing. Though this lowlife would not know anything about that. Will they ever learn? Are they capable of learning? 

I believe that the Chinese manufacturer was the company that offered the thickest brown envelopes for the guys running the show in Thailand, don't think that the price of the product was important for them.

4 hours ago, dinsdale said:

So this is your response? Fantastic addition from someone who has consistantly supported the Chinese vaccines and said that people on here denigrade it. I guess the Swiss have the same idea as many on here. Your position is obviously in opposition to the Swiss government as you keep posting how good it is. What do you think about this? Fairly sure you will respond with an emoji. Please prove me wrong and answer the questions if you will. Is Sinovac any good? Why do front line workers who have had 2 jabs of sinovac need an mRNA vaccine. Why has Switzerland taken this decision? All valid questions which from all your posts I think deserves an answer rather than an emoji.

EDIT: Or not respond at all.

Switzerland has accepted Sinovac as approved vaccine for a while, so that's probably not the whole story. It could be that either his certificate expired, or the Swiss are not accepting different boosters when Sinovac is involved.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, pkspeaker said:

so what? you gotta have 10 vax shots before you can travel now?

No, it's because the Sinovac vaccine is useless and not recognized in Europe as an acceptable option. So they require people to be fully vaccinated and he's only had one of the requisite two shots of AZ. 

Nowhere does it mention 10 shots. 

16 hours ago, poskat said:

a nice reality check for this clown

turns out that thai big shots arent such big shots once beyond thailand's borders

anutin- "dont you know who I am?"

the world- "dont know and dont care"

That's a good boy Anutin for obeying your China masters. Hope the sinoc rap up the ar se didn't hurt too much.

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

I assume his presumption was that he is so special, so important, so rich, so smart, so amazing, that nobody would ever refuse his presence. And since Thailand is the center of the known universe, and SUCH an important and influential country, how could they deny him entry? 

Surprise! You ain't special in the least. Only in your own small and petty mind! 

Rigth.My exwife think the same.After we moved to norway she never accept that norway is better.Even her salary is about 125,000 bath a month,still think thailand is number one in the world.My gf from korat is ashame of her country.Today she cried.I told in other postings here that she dont want me to come now because shes afraid whats gana happend when i arrive BKK.I just been in thailand for 2,5 months with her.Best time ever.

3 hours ago, VBF said:

That is brilliant. "Unvaccinated people will in effect be barred from restaurants, hotels, cinemas and theatres in the state of Brandenburg from Monday, "

In other words, "You had your chance idiots...now stay home! "

The word is that NZ wants to vaccinate 5 yr olds and up, issue vaccination passports to all,which will have to be renewed every 6 months by having a booster, or stay away from the coffee shop, not allowed on planes.

Protesters and law suites now starting up everywhere, the world divided by Big Pharma and crazy politicians.

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, RafPinto said:

Curious to know if the Chinese Health Minister was also denied entry?

For sure, he has no Astra, Moderna or Pfizer booster.

The WHO showed itself to be another worthless bought-out entity.

China lied to them at the beginning, and mislead them on the investigation.

Thank god Swiss had the sense to make their own rules about who enters their country.

• Like 2