Does Thailand genuinely welcome Farang?

22 minutes ago, gearbox said:

Somehow I much doubt that this was the initial intention for the bulk of the farangs moving to Thailand. They were dreaming in the home countries to come here and support extended families in the sticks and so on? By the time they have figured what's going on, they were too much invested to have other choices.

And fair enough.

People Wai to me here and I wave it of. I do not Wai,  a wave is as good as a wink. 

• Like 1

If I had a dollar for every time I have seen this type of thread In the 14 years I have been a member to this forum. 

Well let's just say I'll have a lot of dollars LOL

Thailand was fine before you came, and Thailand will be fine after you are gone.  

To answer the question of this thread, Let me just say, they like us a lot more than we like them. And how much we like them has been apparent in this and other forum over the years I have been here.. 

Edited by sirineou
  • Sad 2

18 minutes ago, sirineou said:

If I had a dollar for every time I have seen this type of thread In the 14 years I have been a member to this forum. 

Well let's just say I'll have a lot of dollars LOL

Thailand was fine before you came, and Thailand will be fine after you are gone.  

To answer the question of this thread, Let me just say, they like us a lot more than we like them. And how much we like them has been apparent in this and other forum over the years I have been here.. 

Real societal acclimation and integration is the key without bearing your pathetic Farang soul. 

I've witnessed that most don't understand nor know how to configure their lives. 

Otherwise, you'll always consider yourself a foreigner and will always be treated as one. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, blackprince said:

That's very surprising because it's Thai government policy to rotate government workers every few years: public prosecutors, judges, teachers, MoE staff, MoT staff, administrative staff of all kinds, medical staff, and certainly the officers who work in my local immigration office too. It's also frequent in the private sector, notably banks.

I'm not saying that all government workers get rotated every 2 or 3 years, but I know  many that have been, and I know for a fact it's policy.

In the UK the Prime Minister and the Minister for Home Affairs have explicitly instructed immigration officers to create a "hostile environment" for would be immigrants. Thank goodness Thailand is so welcoming by comparison.

But it's true that many people who wear uniforms seem to get off on the power it confers. Chin up my friend.

Huh ?

I find easiest to accept on government related occasions, ok we will be doing this the Thai way. May take a little longer, may seem like it's not making sense, but in the end the Thai people get there, so I leave it to my wife, and everybody is happy.

5 minutes ago, bbko said:

Far too many retired grouchy farangs are problem/stress magnets, getting upset over things they created.  Then once their stress level is raised they say it's the Thai's fault.  I've seen that type of situation again and again in my near 15 years of living here. 

One one recent one was when a farang was venting off steam inside the immigration office because he had had an overstay due to the office being closed for a holiday, he was going off on the Thai lady with something about why wasn't he notified of the closure the last time he was there,  and after a few minutes of his tantrum she shot back "Everybody know about holiday! Only you not know!"  I almost wanted to openly applaud her...555.

.....and still they continue not to get it. Unfortunately, a very Farang trait. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

32 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Thousands? Wow! My sincere condolences.

You added laugh emoji to my earlier post the the OP had incorrect paperwork.

And now another useless addition..

Please outline what is required at your immigration office for annual extension..

Cheap shots from gallery not of assistance.

The OP is Confused . Did not provide necessary paperwork.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You added laugh emoji to my earlier post the the OP had incorrect paperwork.

And now another useless addition..

Please outline what is required at your immigration office for annual extension..

Cheap shots from gallery not of assistance.

The OP is Confused . Did not provide necessary paperwork.

Sorry, the laugh emoji was meant as a positive feedback.

This thread is not posted in Visa/Immigration and is not an ask for help, but a complaint. so imo open for commenting.

Sorry again if I'm wrong.

8 minutes ago, itsari said:

I'm now married to a girl almost half my age and very happy when I'd previously thought that would be impossible. I'll be pushing up daisies before she becomes saggy and tired

What a sad chap.

Previously found your posts reasonable.

IMO offensive post. Shows limited iq IMO.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It seems you (also) want to play some kind of game with them. Did you want to p$@# them off? Or why did you do that? And do you think such behavior will help you in the future of not?

Obviously I don't know you but it seems there are many people who live here among Thais without any problems. And there are some people who seem to attract problems. What do you think why that might happen?

I am convinced that there exists a "sub file" at least on provincial IO records that flag certain aspects of the "treatment" of individuals presenting for extensions  etc.

Does Thailand genuinely welcome "farang" ? I would say that yes if said farang do not attempt to challenge non immediate existing "rights" as non citizens in the face of a discretionarily empowered Official .  I have been witness to and subjected to same attitude by western officialdom on occasion.