Thai immigration online 90 day reporting system

Can I just ask this please? Due to slight cock up and as I've never had to do this before in 10 years as I always left before the 90 days were up. The 90 day reporting regs allow reporting up to 15 days before the due date and up to 7 days after. My first ever report due date is 16 December and I'm flying out on 19th at 00.35 hrs. so will have gone through immigration control around 2300 on 18th.

If I don't do the report which as the first one I believe must be done in person at my local IO will there be any consequences on my return at my next due date which will then be 90 days from re entering?

If I do it does this make any difference to when I will next have to report. I think not. It will still be 90 days from date of my return.

Thanks to anyone who replies

29 minutes ago, Kalasin Jo said:

If I don't do the report which as the first one I believe must be done in person at my local IO will there be any consequences on my return at my next due date which will then be 90 days from re entering?

No

30 minutes ago, Kalasin Jo said:

f I do it does this make any difference to when I will next have to report. I think not. It will still be 90 days from date of my return.

No

• Love It 1

I just submitted my 90 day report online today and it went so smoothly!  Instantly got a confirmation of filing PDF as soon as I clicked the submit button, and then 15 minutes later, an email that said it had been approved .????Finally after several years, they have finally got a good online system in place...Love it now!! 

• Like 1

Just read about the start of the online yearly extension that will be starting in Bangkok soon , and if successful , then the rest of the country will be able to use it.

Please let everything go smoothly.

I think this will turn into a thread of its own.

Edited by NE1
  • Like 1
  • Love It 1

14 minutes ago, NE1 said:

Just read about the start of the online yearly extension that will be starting in Bangkok soon , and if successful , then the rest of the country will be able to use it.

Though I think this will turn into a thread of its own.

Indeed should be a new thread - and seems will help immigration but maybe not so much for applicants (as they will still have to visit immigration to obtain stamp, prove identity).  Seems a simple face or finger print scan and download receipt to place in passport, like for 90 day reporting, would have helped everyone.  Just hope software is better than first generation 90 day reports.

1 hour ago, NE1 said:

I think this will turn into a thread of its own.

This is an interesting development. Would you mind starting a new thread  -  and/or provide a link to what you read.

22 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

I just submitted my 90 day report online today and it went so smoothly!  Instantly got a confirmation of filing PDF as soon as I clicked the submit button, and then 15 minutes later, an email that said it had been approved .????Finally after several years, they have finally got a good online system in place...Love it now!! 

Glad that it works for you, for me it didn't

I applied on the 2nd and on Monday afternoon still no confirmation thus cancelled it and went Tuesday morning to do it in person.

Please note: 90 day report was due on the 6th so I was well on time to do it online.

Edited by MJCM
SpElLiNg

2 hours ago, MJCM said:

Glad that it works for you, for me it didn't

I applied on the 2nd and on Monday afternoon still no confirmation thus cancelled it and went Tuesday morning to do it in person.

Please note: 90 day report was due on the 6th so I was well on time to do it online.

This is Thailand; nothing's for certain LOL!  I'm just saying the chances of it working lately seem to have improved greatly.  The design of the site is up to 21st century standards now instead of how it was as recently as last year when it still functioned like sites from the early days of the internet.

Edited by WaveHunter

Heads up everyone....

I posted in this thread (or another similiar) many months back asking how is it possible to change the email address you have registered on the online 90 day report platform.

After searching endless on the platform, and in the instruction manuals, I found nothing on how to change your email address.

It turns out that you just abandon your previously registered account, and then just register a new one using your updated email.  At least that is what I did this week and then received my 90 day approval same as always.

However this is a design flaw in the new platform it would seem because (eventually) it will be cluttered by absolete accounts linked to old email addresses.

Peace....

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Adumbration said:

It turns out that you just abandon your previously registered account, and then just register a new one using your updated email.  At least that is what I did this week and then received my 90 day approval same as always.

It appears the email address is what they use for storing your record in the system.

My record now has 2 different passport numbers on it. Two reports with my old passport and 2 with my new one.

12 hours ago, Adumbration said:

However this is a design flaw in the new platform it would seem because (eventually) it will be cluttered by absolete accounts linked to old email addresses.

It is possible that somewhere in the system they may have a cutoff based upon the time between new reports done. For example it could be 12 months without doing a report that makes it obsolete.

28 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It appears the email address is what they use for storing your record in the system.

My record now has 2 different passport numbers on it. Two reports with my old passport and 2 with my new one.

It is possible that somewhere in the system they may have a cutoff based upon the time between new reports done. For example it could be 12 months without doing a report that makes it obsolete.

Possible but pure speculation.  What is more likely is that the platform has poorly coded back end architecture that does not have a redundacy function for clearing obsolete email addresses and accounts.  When betting on Thais my money is always on ineptitude and stupidity.

30 minutes ago, Adumbration said:

Possible but pure speculation.  What is more likely is that the platform has poorly coded back end architecture that does not have a redundacy function for clearing obsolete email addresses and accounts. 

I don't think they considered that people would want to change their email address on the system.

Personally I don't think many people would want to change their email address on the site.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I don't think they considered that people would want to change their email address on the system.

Personally I don't think many people would want to change their email address on the site.

The very fact that there is no option on the platform to update your email address, or any instructions on how to do so if you need to, are manifest evidence that it is poorly coded and not properly supported with clear documentation.

Edited by Adumbration

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I didn't want to change my email address but the provider ("cscoms.com") is shutting up shop so it was a necessity. Luckily cscoms advised me of this prior to the new on-line system being launched so I registered with my alternate email address.

• Thumbs Up 1

After over thirty years here I did my first 90 day report on line three months ago and got approval almost immediately. Very impressed. After receiving a reminder from Immigration I filed my 90 days on line again yesterday  Sunday 13th. I got conformation it had been received but no approval so far. How long does it normally take?  

10 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

After over thirty years here I did my first 90 day report on line three months ago and got approval almost immediately. Very impressed. After receiving a reminder from Immigration I filed my 90 days on line again yesterday  Sunday 13th. I got conformation it had been received but no approval so far. How long does it normally take?  

Be aware that reminder is often received the day before the application window starts so best to wait a bit after receipt (which does not seem to be your issue if accepted).  As said approval can be almost immediate to a few days.

57 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Be aware that reminder is often received the day before the application window starts so best to wait a bit after receipt (which does not seem to be your issue if accepted).  As said approval can be almost immediate to a few days.

its been rejected.??? I applied on the date of the reminder which was the fifteen days so maybe that was the problem. Can I reapply?

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/31/2022 at 10:22 AM, jnp73 said:

Hi,

I've used the on-line 90 day reporting previously and been successful, with a reply within 24 hours. I put one in last Friday and it is still pending. No reply from 1178. Is anyone else having to wait like me? Any suggestions?

John

What is 1178? Which office?

Give it a day or two, perhaps you just missed it Friday and the lady is having a day off today. 

My last one came back approved in several minutes!

6 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

What is 1178? Which office?

Give it a day or two, perhaps you just missed it Friday and the lady is having a day off today. 

My last one came back approved in several minutes!

I suspect you did not notice the posting date was in August.  I blame it on the convoluted time system used here (not providing actual times for same day posts makes no sense to me - nor not having posts marked by consecutive numbers as they used to be).

Edited by lopburi3

Just now, lopburi3 said:

I suspect you did not notice the posting date was in August.  I blame it on the convoluted time system used here (not providing actual times for same day posts makes not sense to me - nor not having posts marked by consecutive numbers as they used to be).

Thanks... I seemed to have randomly move into a forum I had not been in for a while and it came up as unread!

3 hours ago, Gandtee said:

Thanks Joe.

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes

I reapplied and was accepted. It seems it was my mistake regarding GBN as against GBR. Immigration were prompt. Fair dues. I don't think my brain is as sharp as it was. But better than nothing. Thanks to those who gave advice.

• Like 1

A few months ago I helped a friend set up an account for on-line 90-day reports.. She got the password the next day, and we proceeded with the application, but without realising it was still a few days before 15-day window before the report was due.

It was however, accepted and approved.