What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2022)

CharlieH

22 hours ago, ThaiFelix said:

Yes, brilliant expose.  McNamara crunched the numbers and calculated what no-one aroiund wanted to hear.....that it was impossible for the US to win that war.

With the Fire Bombing of Japan, what many dont realise is that Japanese Cities then were mostly wooden.  Add to that the inhumane use of incendary bombs (napalm), most Japanese cities were already more than 50% destroyed BEFORE the nuclear bombs were dropped.   This fact prompted McNamara to ask why was it necessary to drop them.  We all know the answer to that.

I'm still watching the other Vietnam war series I mentioned, made in 2017, and it makes for riveting viewing, and McNamara was as guilty as anyone, in the early stages, of being just as stupid as the rest of the military hierarchy, Westmorland included.

It does mention that McNamara ran some numbers and they seemed to show that the war was unwinnable, but we know how that panned out.............

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LosLobo said:

Acapulco (TV Series 2021– ) - IMDb

Series 2 of Acapulco has arrived. Not a bad light comedy.

The Watcher (TV Mini Series 2022) - IMDb

I found The Watcher a worthwhile watch! Thanks for the recommendation.

The White Lotus (TV Series 2021–2022) - IMDb

The second series of The White Lotus is only a shadow of its former series.

Different hotel and location, maybe only one of the original characters. Not so funny.

I get what you're saying about Lotus but I think you're off target. The first season was indeed perfection. There is no way they could compete with that at the same location and characters. Been there. Done that. Changing the setting and characters was obviously very intentional and in my view exactly what they should have done. 

So you watched the first episode of Season 2 as I have.

They're introducing the characters, milking the Sicilian setting, they're just getting started.

I also don't think this season will reach the amazing heights of Season 1, but it's still too early to know for sure, and even if it's half as good, that is still very good.

I'm hooked again. I think most viewers will be as well. 

• Thumbs Up 2

55 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I get what you're saying about Lotus but I think you're off target. The first season was indeed perfection. There is no way they could compete with that at the same location and characters. Been there. Done that. Changing the setting and characters was obviously very intentional and in my view exactly what they should have done. 

So you watched the first episode of Season 2 as I have.

They're introducing the characters, milking the Sicilian setting, they're just getting started.

I also don't think this season will reach the amazing heights of Season 1, but it's still too early to know for sure, and even if it's half as good, that is still very good.

I'm hooked again. I think most viewers will be as well. 

Maybe my choice of one word was off target. I should have said not "as" funny. Then my post would seem to agree with your assessment of the second series so far.

Possibly I should have stayed with the new series a bit longer and give it a chance.

My decision to opt out may have been because the only original actor also plays a dislikeable character in the excellent The Watcher. I broke my binge season on this to watch The White Lotus.

Based on your post, I may give it another try later on. Thanks!

14 hours ago, giddyup said:

Everybody has a cellphone, but nobody can get a decent picture, always blurred or out of focus. Why?

Possibly because nobody can keep their hand steady enough, more so when they zoom-in.

And any photos that actually are in focus and shows some details of UAPs then get slammed for being 'too good to be true' and are branded a hoax, fake, bs etc.

Same with bigfoot pix.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0191831/

7 hours ago, bobandyson said:

Possibly because nobody can keep their hand steady enough, more so when they zoom-in.

And any photos that actually are in focus and shows some details of UAPs then get slammed for being 'too good to be true' and are branded a hoax, fake, bs etc.

Same with bigfoot pix.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0191831/

Or, alternatively, they don't exist.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

On the Line (2022) - IMDb

I watched the latest offering from Mel Gibson in "On The Line" last night.

He still manages to put out a fair movie unlike has-been's Bruce Willis, Liam Neeson or Nicolas Cage.

Some will hate it, others like myself will enjoy it.

I have not seen "On the Line" but watched Bandit over the weekend and thought it was an OK film with Mel Gibson.

I also enjoyed "The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent" with Nicolas Cage. Not a great movie but still found it a bit funny at times.

I don't recall the last Bruce Willis or Liam Neeson film I have seen. I do plan on checking out Tulsa King later this month with Sylvester Stallone which I would also put in the has been class of actors.

• Thumbs Up 1

Watched a couple of movies over this last week, the first one being, "The Quiet American" (the 2002 version) which starred Michael Caine and Brendan Fraser, and it was okay and did "reference" American involvement in the war between the Vietnamese and French.

The second was on BBC iPlayer and was called, "Woman in Gold" and starred Helen Mirren and Ryan Reynolds, and that was an interesting movie based on a true story, and hopefully I won't be giving anything away, but the Nazi treatment of Jews at that time, brought a tear to my eye, much more so than other movies about that subject, although this movie was not actually about that..........

• Like 2

Binge watched Ancient Apocalypse (Recently released on Netflix) https://www.leisurebyte.com/ancient-apocalypse-review/

Can't say I agree with the guys conclusions but I really enjoyed the footage of some of the worlds oldest civilization sites. 

Ancient Apocalypse: Review

It all comes down to this: Do you or do you not love watching Discovery channels?

If your answer is yes, you are going to love Ancient Apocalypse. The host, Graham Hancock is a passionate journalist who has, at times being the target of trolls and haters. Despite being humiliated so many times, Graham has not given up on his theory and is adamant to prove it to the world.

As far as the show’s cinematography is considered, it is one of the key elements that kept us hooked to the show. Beautiful aerial shots of the picturesque historical monuments and sights blew our minds. The videographer did justice to the grandeur of these monuments.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1