Thai virologist downplays presence of new ‘Deltacron’ COVID variant

snoop1130

4 hours ago, hioctane said:

Omnicron didn’t exist 2 years ago. It mutated recently from South Africa.

It's still not proven when and where Omicron evolved.

Many believe it evolved in a human during a long period of time, but some thought the virus jumped from humans into animals and back again later in a new variant.

Which this recent article also describes.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/covid-19-did-omicron-evolve-in-mice

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DavisH said:

Interesting, but Omicron did not evolve from Delta. Omicron arose form the original Wuhan strain. What Omicron has been doing the last two years is a bit of a mystery. 

Not if you dig a bit, I won't elaborate here on this forum about something like this ever again. Consider me silenced on this matter.

• Haha 1

"deltacron variant"

Anon is free to personally label the next variant any name he wants but variants follow the Greek 24 letter alphabet. And Delta and Omicron are already in use. 

So hopefully the next variant will be Omegacron, last of the most affected Coronovirus variants. 

15 hours ago, law ling said:

I take your point.

I would go a step further: could it be that new varients are still being created and distributed around the world, as we speak? Why do we assume that every human being is only working tirelessly to supress the virus? Could it be that, say a large communist country, being completely flummoxed by the virus, and not wanting to be alone in dealing with it, is seeding it around, so that it's not damaged more than others? 

Well, conspiracy theory?, or the plot for an international spy novel? ...

You may of course be close to the truth, look how easy Novachock got to do damage just a bit on a door handle caused havoc in the UK

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kiwikeith said:

Bi does that mean Bigoted? I agree with the good DR as I read as much as I could yesterday from leading virologists and they have the same opinion, which is good, so far

Maybe it's just a Delta with an Omicron waiting inside to be recognized for what it isn't.

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

There is a high probability that the Delta or Omicron variant may have been tainted during the genome sequencing process, he noted, as he urged virologists concerned to be more cautious and not to jump to a public conclusion that they have found a new varian

So they Say ,what about the Other New Variant     UHI  from France. 

Health experts say they expect more variants to emerge as COVID-19 cases continue to rise, but will not gain popularity.

• Like 1