Cash refused

mikebell

3 hours ago, khunjeff said:

Which office was that? I haven't done an extension since the middle of last year, but at CW they always required cash. I guess insisting on QR payments lets them verify that your bank account really exists...!

Chamchuri Square. My visa has no banking requirements, and they don't have my bank details. They still don't because I had to use someone else's account to pay. I was expecting to pay with my overseas card. They did have card terminals there, but they were all covered over. I tried to find out what was happening with them but couldn't get a straight answer, other than that QR code was the only option.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MadMuhammad said:

I get airline miles, complimentary lounge access half a dozen times a year, travel insurance, a $400 travel credit which offsets my card fee of $400, prodigy ticket sales to many events, no international transactions fees and almost instant buyer protection refunds with very few questions asked. And that’s just one of my 5 credit cards.

Cash is most certainly not king in my little bubble ????????

So you have a business selling goods?

3 hours ago, bbko said:

Imagine handing a piece of cloth from one person to another day-after-day for months/years on end, how filthy would the cloth be? 

Yep, like the hand towel in a Walking St GGB toilet!

• Thanks 1

On 1/12/2022 at 1:07 PM, jacko45k said:

Well we just had a major Thai bank high interest account scam.... plus a spate of multiple small deductions from accounts via Debit Cards.... watch this space!

and banks here dropped account insurance to first one mill baht deposit  ( from 3 mill ?).

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Oh dear...... All these personal protesters standing up for their rights and freedoms !!!! ????

Pay by cash or card, or contact etc....  which ever is there.... some people just want to make life difficult for themselves and protects the most pathetic of issues. 

If a company prefers cash.. use that, if you don’t have it, well thats that. 

If a company prefers cashless... use that, if you don’t have it, well, set it up... easy.

If you ‘don’t want to evolve’ don’t complain... you are the creation of your own inconvenience. 

Oh dear...... All these personal protesters standing up for their rights and freedoms !!!! ????

But in all that complain answer.....you are discriminating ???? and showing your preference to put forward also .....????

....as for cash you end with  " if you don’t have it, well thats that. "

While in cashless you propose an option " if you don’t have it, well, set it up... easy."

????

Edited by david555

1 minute ago, KhaoYai said:

On a similar note - Kasikorn in Pak Chong refused to change GBP to baht this week.

Isn't there some rule about Bank branches not handling cash in currency exchange transactions?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, david555 said:

Pay by cash or card, or contact etc....  which ever is there.... some people just want to make life difficult for themselves and protects the most pathetic of issues. 

If a company prefers cash.. use that, if you don’t have it, well thats that. 

If a company prefers cashless... use that, if you don’t have it, well, set it up... easy.

If you ‘don’t want to evolve’ don’t complain... you are the creation of your own inconvenience. 

Expand  

But in all that complain answer.....you are discriminating ???? and showing your preference to put forward also .....????

....as for cash you end with  " if you don’t have it, well thats that. "

While in cashless you propose an option " if you don’t have it, well, set it up... easy."

Of course....  

If you don’t have cash in your wallet and they want cash... thats that - you have no option but to walk away or use another form of payment. 

If you don’t have a digital option and they want that... it can be easy, everyone carries a bank card etc...

Even the Op admits to having a bank card, he just ‘chooses' not to want to pay with it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

Stone the crows are you 80?

A printed QR code. A keyfob device, the NFC  cards that work without power in mobiles.

How do any of those tell a business that you have cash in your bank account to pay for something when the banks systems are down?

How many of them are you carrying at the moment?

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Harveyboy said:

you think its time to get rid of cash and acquire more Emperor eh 

We shall alway need some small cash as it would be difficult to go to bakery with our Emperor and a iron saw to cut some of to pay ....????

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Of course....  

If you don’t have cash in your wallet and they want cash... thats that - you have no option but to walk away or use another form of payment. 

If you don’t have a digital option and they want that... it can be easy, everyone carries a bank card etc...

Even the Op admits to having a bank card, he just ‘chooses' not to want to pay with it.

your missing use of option was ....going to ATM and take Cash and go back shop and  pay with CASH ...????

18 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

When a man gives up carrying cash, to allow his woman to have a greater degree of control over his life, that is a pathetic and sad thing to witness. It is a huge surrender of his manhood. Often, they will justify it with the typical answers. But, we know what is really going on. 

Fortunately that degree of surrender is not required here. Nor is it even considered dignified. Women here seem to appreciate a man being a man. However, some who were overly indoctrinated in the West, NZ or Oz, will bring those tendencies here. That is infinitely more sad to witness, because it is so unnecessary. 

I love carrying a wad of cash. I have a good friend who always seems to have 20,000 baht or so, in his pocket. A real man's man. 

That quite possibly is the most stupid thing you have ever said since I have been a member here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sanmyintmaung said:

Many small shops like the one below are using Covid-19 transmissions as an excuse for refusing to accept cash

OK...interesting. I've rarely used cash for 15-20 years, except for small purchases and "cash only" establishments.

But show me a Starbucks or Subway that refuses cash, which was the point of my post. 

17 hours ago, joecoolfrog said:

Im resident in the UK and literally haven't used cash for several years with one exception.

My local barber only deals in cash and I suspect that is for tax avoidance purposes.

If I remember rightly the UK taxman assumes a certain level of income for certain business types, barbers & hairdressers fall into that category.

18 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

When a man gives up carrying cash, to allow his woman to have a greater degree of control over his life, that is a pathetic and sad thing to witness. It is a huge surrender of his manhood. Often, they will justify it with the typical answers. But, we know what is really going on. 

Fortunately that degree of surrender is not required here. Nor is it even considered dignified. Women here seem to appreciate a man being a man. However, some who were overly indoctrinated in the West, NZ or Oz, will bring those tendencies here. That is infinitely more sad to witness, because it is so unnecessary. 

I love carrying a wad of cash. I have a good friend who always seems to have 20,000 baht or so, in his pocket. A real man's man. 

I like specially the last part of your post ....????......

How those digital money guy's go solve it  like now we can tip a favorite  Gogo dancer putting a baht bill in the slip .....(on condition she is wearing one of course )  ????

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, david555 said:

Of course....  

Even the Op admits to having a bank card, he just ‘chooses' not to want to pay with it

your missing use of option was ....going to ATM and take Cash and go back shop and  pay with CASH ...????

This conversation is getting downright silly...

Digital payment (QR Codes, PromptPay, ApplePay, LinePay, Rabbit Pay, Debit, Credit Cards etc) or cash are both convenient - IF someone is objecting to the use of one or the other they are simply putting up obstacles in way of their own convenience. 

• Sad 3

48 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

This conversation is getting downright silly...

Digital payment (QR Codes, PromptPay, ApplePay, LinePay, Rabbit Pay, Debit, Credit Cards etc) or cash are both convenient - IF someone is objecting to the use of one or the other they are simply putting up obstacles in way of their own convenience. 

It go as silly that the digitals wish to cancel cash ...while the normal thing is to let exist both besides each other ....even not needed 50/ 50 ...but let a choise ....

so far my understanding solution not being silly ....but seems the digital ones like to exterminate cash ......to resist on that we (partly) cash liking ones should keep using it when possible to avoid to become " full digitalized " 

Let each his choice ....i use cards when I like and cash also when I like .... not like to be forced .....

Edited by david555
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1