Extremely expensive accident, anything/what I can do?

12 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

dealerships

Dealerships are renowned for being overpriced.

But the owners definitely deserve a proper paint job.

Hopefully they come to an equitable agreement and all sides are happy.

Edited by MrJ2U
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, KannikaP said:

You mean that you can get car insurance for Bht 2000?

No claims bonus is 20% for three years penniesdid I day 2000.  You don't Renew just get a new policy or will work out cheaper anyways. Do you have vehicle insurance? Have you made a claim? 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, jippytum said:

That`s typical reply from a dishonest person who denies responsibility for any wrongdoing. 

The condo owner made a silly mistake and should have third party liability insurance for his unit. Its not e xpensive.  Just checked 

Just checked with the insurance company.  Insurance pays nobody else accidental damage.  Phone the insurance company. 555 I will tell you the dishonest.. Dont start crying on here when they start asking for 100,000 baht for something a shop would do for 1000 baht 

Edited by arick
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, robblok said:

wow, totally irresponsible person. The OP is at fault just imagine it was your car.

The OP is liable and even if the car owners can claim it it will cost them money. 

It will cost the owners nothing if they have car insurance.  

If they dont then they are stupid.

Op did not intentionally vandalise their cars.

Just now, jak2002003 said:

It will cost them if they dont have first class insurance. And intentional or not has no bearing on the case. I guess lot of people are dishonest and don't think how they would feel if they were in the same situation. No wonder given the kind of people on this forum.

If you don't mean to do something but it still happens that does not discharge you from being responsible for it. You got strange morals. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, robblok said:

It will cost them if they dont have first class insurance. And intentional or not has no bearing on the case. I guess lot of people are dishonest and don't think how they would feel if they were in the same situation. No wonder given the kind of people on this forum.

If you don't mean to do something but it still happens that does not discharge you from being responsible for it. You got strange morals. 

Hmm....

Well your morals are misguided in my opinion.

What about the poor OP.  Maybe that kind of money will be hard for him to find?  

Do it my way everyone wins.  People cars get fixed at a normal price as covered by their insurance.

OP does not have to find the large sums of money for something that was not really his fault at all....it was a random accident.

Him owning up causes everyone more problems than him keeping quiet. 

The people will be angry at him, he will be ashamed and stressed.  There will be dragged out insurance problems and owners of the cars going to places that will overcharge them for the repair work.  

How can that be better than op keeping quiet and the car owners simply claiming on insurance to fix their cars?

Mr moral....how would you react if a poor Thai neighbours tile blew off their roof in a storm and damaged your car?  Would be insist they find the money and pay up themselves?  Or would you tell them not to worry about it and just claim off your insurance? 

Edited by jak2002003
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

Hmm....

Well your morals are misguided in my opinion.

What about the poor OP.  Maybe that kind of money will be hard for him to find?  

Do it my way everyone wins.  People cars get fixed at a normal price as covered by their insurance.

OP does not have to find the large sums of money for something that was not really his fault at all....it was a random accident.

Him owning up causes everyone more problems than him keeping quiet. 

The people will be angry at him, he will be ashamed and stressed.  There will be dragged out insurance problems and owners of the cars going to places that will overcharge them for the repair work.  

How can that be better than op keeping quiet and the car owners simply claiming on insurance to fix their cars?

Mr moral....how would you react if a poor Thai neighbours tile blew off their roof in a storm and damaged your car?  Would be insist they find the money and pay up themselves?  Or would you tell them not to worry about it and just claim off your insurance? 

The poor OP is the cause of the problems. Where i come from you own up to your mistakes and if you cause damage you pay for it. Guess that is not normal where you come from.

Your assuming the owners have first class insurance. IF they don't you feel its their problem. Many cars don't have first class insurance besides they are the victims in this. The OP is the cause even if it is by accident.

Not nice for the OP i agree but your responsible for your own actions. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Making a claim on car insurance 

Depending on the insurer 

Increases next years premium. 

They more than likely have an excess, also any no claim bonuses may be sacrificed. 

The car owner will be out of pocket. 

2 hours ago, G Rex said:

I am sorry - but this thread still seems suss to me.

Top floor condo.   2 cars damaged downstairs after a bit of wind. (Pardon me)

2 pages of posts already.- seems to be working

Not wind.

But drain cleaner on cars paint work below.

whats suss about that ?

6 hours ago, ESLTeacher1989 said:

So I got the quote for 1 car so far and yeah its basically the WCS financially, 43k baht for one of the cars, wait to hear the quote for the other car

Offer the owners 30k cash each.

They may well take the money, and get a cheap job done themselves and pocket the let over cash.

Thai are not stupid on stuff like this.

Well it gets even worse, it rained heavy overnight in phuket and, there was still bleach on condo wall, and a different car was parked below last night.........and so now a third car is now damaged, Condo didn't put a CONE out to stop people parking there (To be fair I didn't cross my mind either) but unlucky to really unlucky.................so total damamge is looking at 120k baht at least

Edited by ESLTeacher1989
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, ESLTeacher1989 said:

Well it gets even worse, it rained heavy overnight in phuket and, there was still bleach on condo wall, and a different car was parked below last night.........and so now a third car is now damaged, Condo didn't put a CONE out to stop people parking there (To be fair I didn't cross my mind either) but unlucky to really unlucky.................so total damamge is looking at 120k baht at least

OMG, sorry to hear. 

Yes, it's a shame the Juristic manager didn't barricade the area. 

• Haha 1