Four tourists injured in fall from scenic viewpoint on Thailand’s Larn Island

webfact

6CE64CEF-7497-4407-A451-E579D1B18979.jpg

Four tourists sustained serious injuries when they fell from a viewing point onto a rocky beach on Larn Island, close to Pattaya, after a wooden railing gave way.

Two days after the accident, Pattaya City officials, led by deputy permanent secretary Kiattisak Sriwongchai, visited the site yesterday (Monday) for an inspection, before ordering major repairs. He also promised that officials will inspect the viewpoint, which is popular among visitors to the island, on daily basis.

One of the victims suffered bleeding to the brain and a punctured lung. He is currently under close observation at the Muang hospital in Pattaya. Two others were sent to Bangkok hospitals for treatment, while the fourth was sent to a private hospital in Laem Chabang in Chon Buri province.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/four-tourists-injured-in-fall-from-scenic-viewpoint-on-thailands-larn-island/

Logo-top-.png
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-02-15

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

55 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I agree. Maybe they should put signs everywhere: "Not for tourists" or "use at your own risk".

Tourists should open their eyes and they should not assume everything is regulated just like home.

Were these Thais or foreigners?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I agree. Maybe they should put signs everywhere: "Not for tourists" or "use at your own risk".

Tourists should open their eyes and they should not assume everything is regulated just like home.

But they are told that Thailand is safe and trusted even before they arrive?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

Maintenance is not necessary in Thailand, not when you can just compensate them with 5,000 bahts each. Its funny how all these senior people show up and make a big fuss, it smacks of "there is a maintenance budget, but its not maintaining what you might suspect !"

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Excel said:

People who do that are as stupid as the people who should maintain it I suspect.

That would be a nice photo... back a bit, just a bit more!

I did not see the nationality of the tourists, but we do often see locals oblivious to the dangers of their actions. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, webfact said:

Three domestic tourists

One of the victims suffered bleeding to the brain and a punctured lung

So sad. 

Bring local (Thais) should have known better, trusting fencing/railing, nothing is ever maintained.

Probably taking selfies. 

I read about selfie victims, getting hurt, not paying attention to the surroundings.

They've crossed the safety barrier, warning signs. Some people will go to any lengths to get a good photo/selfie. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

34 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I thought it may have also but looking at the sign, it looks as though it's been there for a while. 

The wood looks fresh, the sign may well have just been taken down from another dangerous walkway!

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1