I just bought $200,000 of Bitcoin

Any sell-stop in place ?

(Are app plug-ins to CEX the only way to get a trailing sell -stop...anyone)

No averaging in through the ukraine crisis....? A bit of a tustle at the border is all it needs to give you a better discount.

I'd have split it with Ethereum at least vs one boat if you are not in for the much longer term.

2 hours ago, Don Chance said:

With any investment there is a chance you could lose it all. With crypto it is a much higher chance. So i would not invest any money that i could not afford to lose. Crypto is purely speculation.

A 5% portfolio allocation is the max i would recommend in crypto. You want to have a diverse portfolio with a variety of asset classes to minimize you risk.

btw, Crypto is not a real currency. There is not much you can buy with it.

You sure can sell it for real currency.  People trade it all day long.  

• Like 1

Just now, peter zwart said:

Then you can put some of your profit in Auditchain. Soon to be released.

I'm really not into pancake swaps where you have to hold ether to exchange it for anything useful.

How did you buy it?

1 hour ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Experience tells me that I should only buy assets, held where I can visit in person, that have a liquid market, and that I can sell easily. Where is the office that holds your assets, and could you sell them 'right now', or, say, within the next 16 hours, if you wanted to?

Why wouldn't he be able to sell it instantly?  Thats part of the point behind it.  It's not like you're putting an ad on a forum saying I have 200k of crypto for sale who wants it

1 hour ago, mistral53 said:

I don't understand your comment - by your own admission, you don't understand cryptos, so why would you suggest anybody should listen to you?

In your defense - most people on these forums hand out advise on everything from medical, political, cars, sex etc, and they don't add the qualifier that they aren't experts in any of the fields they make wild claims on...lol

Well, I am an expert in a couple of fields, but nobody has asked me for advice on sex for a long time!

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, happydreamer said:

I still can't believe that after a decade of BTC and watching it go from a dollar to 69K and there's still people shaking their heads about it being based on nothing.  There's never been more adoption of it in it's history as there is now.  It's regulated to high hell.  Why?  Because sharks and whales wanna put their money in it and want rules around it so they know how to manipulate it.

Not saying you will get rich (you most likely will though) not saying you'l lose it all, but the arguments that its not real money or that its based on nothing are right up there with flat-earthers claims

Now show us some balls and trade 50% of it on leverage.  ????

Just kidding. Good luck dude

Comparing flat earthers to bitcoin doubters is extreme to say the least .

• Like 1

Rule 1 of investing is don't put your money into anything you don't understand. I don't understand how cryptos can be anything more than Dutch tulips, given the opportunities for computer hacking. Plus governments don't like financial systems out of their reach, China is already regulating crypto.

I'm into precious metals. Up 20% on paper so far, if Russia invades Ukraine there will be more.

7 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

You can always sell BTC 

To explain simply, think of it as gold.

Gold can always be sold.

Its the selling price that's the variable. 

Invalid comparison, gold is tangible. Bitcoin is a stream of electrons on the internet.

I'm wondering how bitcoin would cope with an EMP event.

3 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Rule 1 of investing is don't put your money into anything you don't understand. I don't understand how cryptos can be anything more than Dutch tulips, given the opportunities for computer hacking. Plus governments don't like financial systems out of their reach, China is already regulating crypto.

I'm into precious metals. Up 20% on paper so far, if Russia invades Ukraine there will be more.

I did metals between 2005 and 2011.  had a gold and silver IRA.  Made some dough.  

Started with bitcoin in 2013 with a couple of ASIC jalapeño miners hooked up to a laptop and SlushPool

It's regulated because Governments want in.  Thats good thing (kinda).  It'll become more predictable.  It never used to follow the stock market but it does now, especially since there's starting to be BTC ETFs popping up

• Like 2