Assault on Kiev: Russian helicopters swoop above Ukraine's capital

Chris.B

1 minute ago, scottiejohn said:

He does not care who he is close to as long as THEY give HIM what HE wants!

u r correct, Erdogan is all about $$$$$$$$ ..... however still a dictator type guy

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

Erdogan is to close to Putin and to Xi.... wouldn't trust the guy

Well if he said this in public he can not back out and he is already helping the Ukraine on other fronts.

He can not really afford to upset the EU and NATO,i think he is sincere in this.

On 7/6/2023 at 6:15 PM, ThailandRyan said:

One has to wonder if the Wagner boss is alive or dead with this information.

The mystery as to where he is is just getting deeper. In my opinion all this negative press from the Kremlin and Russian TV pundits is setting the stage for his continued long term disappearance. Dead or being held securely out of sight somewhere with him having no contact with the outside world?

Prigozhin’s Movements a Mystery as Wagner Fans Gather in St. Petersburg

The mystery surrounding the whereabouts of Wagner founder Yevgeny Prigozhin continued Saturday as supporters of the mercenary group gathered in his hometown, St. Petersburg, adding to questions over his future role in Russia after he sparked the most serious challenge to President Vladimir Putin in his 23 years in power.

Organizers advised attendees that “this event is a meeting with you, nothing more,” in a message on Telegram. “In light of recent events, this is extremely important. There is no need to carry flags or to campaign.”

Yet the gathering, though small, added to the speculation swirling around Prigozhin’s plans after he last month led his Wagner forces in a revolt against Russia’s military leadership that at one point threatened to plunge the country into civil war.

https://www.wsj.com/amp/articles/prigozhins-movements-a-mystery-as-wagner-fans-gather-in-st-petersburg-f17302ad

https://archive.ph/6vyLh

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, steven100 said:

could Prigozhin be planning another coup attempt on Moscow    ?

image.png.36ca461b1069a56cef71c854fdc24396.png

source:https://www.yahoo.com/news/prigozhin-fate-remains-unclear-signals-050154899.html

This is some thing i already thought about earlier.

What if putin has him killed?

Will his men take revenge?

There is no way the russians can catch and torture/kill all of the wagner family members.

94 % of the russian army in is the Ukraine?

How will they defend Moscow?With a bunch of old men and kids?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Mavideol said:

agreed... was skeptical about his motifs but after further reading the guy did surprised me and overstepped Putin "agreement"

Zelenskiy brings home Azovstal fighters given to Turkey

https://au.yahoo.com/news/zelenskiy-brings-home-azovstal-fighters-170621455.html

It does appear that Erdogan has detected a change in the winds and is signaling an openness to work with others.

Potentially a good thing, but always remember what kind of player Erdogan is.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, heybruce said:

It does appear that Erdogan has detected a change in the winds and is signaling an openness to work with others.

Keeping in mind who he is he is well aware the russia will have nothing at all

for the next 20 years or so.

They will have to pay a massive amount of money to the Ukraine and they will also need to borrow a lot of money some where.

I will not be surprised if in a few years from now the west will pay russia

30 % of the price of gas just to help them pay for the damage they have done.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, jvs said:

Keeping in mind who he is he is well aware the russia will have nothing at all

for the next 20 years or so.

They will have to pay a massive amount of money to the Ukraine and they will also need to borrow a lot of money some where.

I will not be surprised if in a few years from now the west will pay russia

30 % of the price of gas just to help them pay for the damage they have done.

The West supported Russia during WWI, the 1921 Great Famine and WW2 with billions worth of aid with little recognition.

As Putin has used Russia's single-handed great victory over the Germans to promote the war on Ukraine, I suggest that the West help them as little as possible.

Edited by LosLobo

9 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

The West supported Russia during WWI, the 1921 Great Famine and WW2 with billions worth of aid with little recognition.

As Putin has used Russia's single-handed great victory over the Germans to promote the war on Ukraine, I suggest that the West help them as little as possible.

I understand your sentiment but i do not think we will see the same russia again when this is over and it is not over by a long shot.

Imo the plan is to have russia broken up into smaller states and the way it is going the west will have to do very little.

More unrest inside of russia and it will get out of hand.

I see in an article that there a quite o lot of wagner fighters returning from

Africa.

To help in the Ukraine or to help in russia?

More going on then we know of for sure.

1 hour ago, jvs said:

I see in an article that there a quite o lot of wagner fighters returning from

Africa.

To help in the Ukraine or to help in russia?

More going on then we know of for sure.

Or is concern from Wagner fighters  no p-ay coming from Putin now boat is rocking?

These are not conscript! They expect money agreed to to die ?

On 7/9/2023 at 1:13 PM, heybruce said:

we are on the same page... would not turn my back to him

On 7/9/2023 at 3:43 PM, heybruce said:

Obviously Erdogan is going all out 'on openness to work with others' and to possibly alienate his mate Putin.

Turkey to back Sweden's NATO bid in return for EU membership: Erdogan (msn.com)

• Like 1

Wagner Turns Over 2,000 Heavy Weapons Including Tanks, SAM Systems

In the wake of his aborted mutiny last month, Yevgeny Prigozhin and his Wagner Private Military Company turned over more than 2,000 weapons and pieces of equipment more than 2,500 tons of ammunition and over 20,000 small arms, the Russian Defense Ministry (MoD) said on its Telegram channel Wednesday. A video showing turned over Wagner tanks and other armor, artillery pieces, land mines and boxes apparently full of munitions has also been distributed.

Full story:

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/wagner-turns-over-2000-heavy-weapons-including-tanks-sam-systems

WZ.jpg

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Rimmer said:

Wagner Turns Over 2,000 Heavy Weapons Including Tanks, SAM Systems

In the wake of his aborted mutiny last month, Yevgeny Prigozhin and his Wagner Private Military Company turned over more than 2,000 weapons and pieces of equipment more than 2,500 tons of ammunition and over 20,000 small arms, the Russian Defense Ministry (MoD) said on its Telegram channel Wednesday. A video showing turned over Wagner tanks and other armor, artillery pieces, land mines and boxes apparently full of munitions has also been distributed.

Full story:

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/wagner-turns-over-2000-heavy-weapons-including-tanks-sam-systems

WZ.jpg

I assume this means Prigozhin is dead?