Assault on Kiev: Russian helicopters swoop above Ukraine's capital

Chris.B

11 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

What other side of the war could possibly justify Russia's invasion of Ukraine?

With Putin thinking Ukraine joining NATO and then placing missiles along it's border.

5 hours ago, ozimoron said:

It's not me that's insisting there's two sides to this war.

If you only look at the war as one incident, yes there is not another side to it. Okay? I leave it there, much easier since you are double blindfolded to any other view on the world problems, and the game of war we constant have to relate to. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Do I really have to answer that. ????

Well it would help to explain exactly how that would save your comrades money in Russia or anywhere else in the world?

Visa and Mastetcard have extensive networks of both credit, debit, payment, insurance and transfer services.

This is part of putins war propaganda machine, and it started long time before covid. 

I know it is not topic related, but part of Putins plan to make westerns doubt their own politicians and also scientists. 

Just one of many examples, and also China is playing the same game. However Russia and China have more strict control with their own social media than the west. 

“According to Axios, however, misinformation about vaccines is not the only threat, as Russia is focusing on spreading misinformation around health care issues ahead of the 2020 election.

Not only did Russia fuel the anti-vaccination debate, they have also spewed unverified information about 5G wireless technology. RT, a U.S.-based Russia-backed TV network, reported that new 5G technology was linked to cancer, autism, Alzheimer's and other health issues, The New York Times reports. This had a real-world effect, with smaller blogs and websites picking up RT's false stories and sharing them as fact, the Times said.”

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/anti-vax-movement-russian-trolls-fueled-anti-vaccination-debate-in-us-by-spreading-misinformation-twitter-study/

Edited by Hummin

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Well it would help to explain exactly how that would save your comrades money in Russia or anywhere else in the world?

Visa and Mastetcard have extensive networks of both credit, debit, payment, insurance and transfer services.

Well all will say is if I don't use my credit card in Thailand it would save me money.

1 minute ago, Kwasaki said:

Well all will say is if I don't use my credit card in Thailand it would save me money.

You said thanks, that will save them, again, how?

As for you here.

I also don't use a credit card in Thailand but I use debit cards daily and if that was stopped my purchase price of goods would increase substantally because i could no longer use online payment facilites. 

Now try again and see just how this will cripple Moscow economically instead of such a simplistic and feeble example

57 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

Some people are so anti-Putin that they will never accept that there are two sides to every story/war.

Please enlighten me as to Vlad's reason for bombing civilian targets then? ????

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

You said thanks, that will save them, again, how?

As for you here.

I also don't use a credit card in Thailand but I use debit cards daily and if that was stopped my purchase price of goods would increase substantally because i could no longer use online payment facilites. 

Now try again and see just how this will cripple Moscow economically instead of such a simplistic and feeble example

If they still have cash and they can't use their credit card it will save them money. ????

16 hours ago, Jingthing said:

With their worthless rubles?

Sadly Russians - the wealthy ones - have lots of other currencies in their wallets.

I notice that they can no longer use MasterCard internationally.

Regardless of their political opinions I think I would have trouble doing business with any Russians - they should go home and change their government....finally.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Thunglom said:

Sadly Russians - the wealthy ones - have lots of other currencies in their wallets.

I notice that they can no longer use MasterCard internationally.

Regardless of their political opinions I think I would have trouble doing business with any Rid=ssians - they should go home and change their government....finally.

Problem is that many of these oligarchs have obtained British citizenship.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/feb/23/oligarchs-funding-tories

39 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

More war crimes as we speak.

Russians have shelled this bridge between Irpin and Kyiv where civilians are trying to flee. 122 mm mortars deliberately used. 
There are civilian fatalities. https://t.co/lMyvTZvVfR

https://twitter.com/IAPonomarenko/status/1500400899189055490?t=JWP8roe2s1fn01VLpwUbkA&s=19

Forgot to add the photo to this, the already half destroyed bridge pic taken before the new shelling, killing more civilians trying to flee. This relentless onslaught is reminiscent of how Russia bombarded civilian areas in Syria.

FNJ-qfdX0AInM8k.jpg.a9a151eb0ec4ad0ce3b2d31b8facd41b.jpg

source

• Thanks 1

Just now, ozimoron said:

Russian media cited an unnamed source on Sunday as saying that Ukraine was close to building a plutonium-based "dirty bomb" nuclear weapon, although the source cited no evidence.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/russia-without-evidence-says-ukraine-making-nuclear-dirty-bomb-2022-03-06/

Well I wouldn't blame them!

If they hadn't agreed to give up their nukes in the first place, Putin wouldn't be in process of bombing their country to smithereens.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Don't be silly because I do agree with you Putin can carry on doing what he likes because the likes of your country ain't ganna stop him. 

My complaint was that the post contributed nothing of value and did not further the debate in any useful way.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

If they hadn't agreed to give up their nukes in the first place, Putin wouldn't be in process of bombing their country to smithereens.

If that's OK with you, why don't that western countries give Ukraine fighter planes so they do what they want to create a no fly zone of their own. 

2 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

If that's OK with you, why don't that western countries give Ukraine fighter planes so they do what they want to create a no fly zone of their own. 

I don't have the military expertise to answer that question but I certainly wish the west would do much more to save Ukraine from being demolished by war criminal Putin ASAP! 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

If they hadn't agreed to give up their nukes in the first place, Putin wouldn't be in process of bombing their country to smithereens

I would have been surprised if the Ukraine was willing to use a dirty bomb on their own land, unless they wanted to plot Russians connected to take over the nuclear plant, or use of tactical nuclear. 

So one of two, Russian propaganda or a potential constructed plot by Ukraina

Edited by Hummin
  • Like 1