“We can no longer live a normal life”- Russians in Thailand feel the pressure as global sanctions ratchet up

webfact

to the "only Russians can take care of Putin" / "Tell it to Putin" crowd, I've answered here:

also you should google what happened to Boris Nemtsov after he publicly criticized the Crimean incident.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Letseng said:

Why don't these stranded Russians in Thailand publicly denounce what their leader does?

because they have families/businesses/assets to return to. Those who have no ties to Russia except the passport usually do denounce what "their" leader does (its not actually their as they did not elect him)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jimbo53 said:

Which is still a possibility in Thailand with their present situation.

People are really selfish and most of them get they "power" whit wrong way! Like junta here, hope they let people decide and make real, honest election! But egocentric and mentaly sick people dont want give anything to others and power make you more high than any drug!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Letseng said:

Why don't these stranded Russians in Thailand publicly denounce what their leader does? Then I could feel sorry for them. Know a lady who left non Russian husband & kids in Bkk and flew home to "support" her country.

Maybe some of them do. I don't know any so I couldn't say. If they don't there may be reasons. Perhaps they have family or other connections in Russia which could be put at risk if they say the wrong things. Its not a normal democratic country unfortunately.