Don't mention the war?

1 minute ago, KhaoYai said:

You, I guess are one of those that would see a guy getting kicked to death on the street and walk on by - would I be right?

May I ask you .

Have you travelled to the Ukraine and are you now defending the Ukrainians and fighting the Russians ?

You asked hypothetical questions . Now I am asking a question based in reality .

Are you standing by watching the Ukrainians getting kicked to death in Kviv , or have you gone there and done something about it ? 

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

May I ask you .

Have you travelled to the Ukraine and are you now defending the Ukrainians and fighting the Russians ?

You asked hypothetical questions . Now I am asking a question based in reality .

Are you standing by watching the Ukrainians getting kicked to death in Kviv , or have you gone there and done something about it ? 

I'd put that question in the category of " Have you stopped beating your wife yet?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

May I ask you .

Yes, I have been to the Ukraine.  I'm not a young guy and have a quite serious medical condition. My country has a paid army and its their job to do that but if I was ordered to go to Ukraine and fight, then yes I would go.

Interesting that you answer a question with a question.

I don't know about others but one of the qualities I admire most in a person is the ability to accept when they are wrong and say so.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

Yes, I have been to the Ukraine.  I'm not a young guy and have a quite serious medical condition. My country has a paid army and its their job to do that but if I was ordered to go to Ukraine and fight, then yes I would go.

Interesting that you answer a question with a question.

I don't know about others but one of the qualities I admire most in a person is the ability to accept when they are wrong and say so.

Why do you need to be told to go to the Ukraine ?

Many people have gone there of their own free will to fight the Russians .

So, you are just going to stand there wand watch Ukrainians get raped and killed and do nothing about it ?

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

As I have already stated we have a miliary to do that and by the way, they get paid for it. We have also been told that we can be prosecuted for doing so.  It may surprise you - and I'm sure you won't believe this but I did seriously consider going there when the conflict began.  I didn't and the main reason was that a few thousand well wishers won't make any difference - what is required is a serious, well armed, military force - Nato for example.

You clearly can't accept any other point of view and you won't even apologise when you make false accusations - we have very different thoughts.

I think we have exhausted our discussion don't you?

Do you understand what off topic means ?

Do you realise that we have been asked to stay on topic ?

Are you aware that we have been asked to not talk about the war in Myanmar ?

Do you understand that if we start talking about the war in Myanmar, then the posts will get deleted ?

AS you seem to lack the ability to stay on topic , you keep trying to talk about Myamar , it really would b better all round if this discussion ended 

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Do you understand what off topic means ?

Do you realise that we have been asked to stay on topic ?

Are you aware that we have been asked to not talk about the war in Myanmar ?

Do you understand that if we start talking about the war in Myanmar, then the posts will get deleted ?

AS you seem to lack the ability to stay on topic , you keep trying to talk about Myamar , it really would b better all round if this discussion ended 

Where in that comment does he mention Myanmar?

1 minute ago, Will B Good said:

Where in that comment does he mention Myanmar?

The second from last sentence is a reference to when I previously suggested that  he wasn't concerned about the plight of the Rohingya in Myanmar because they are of a different race to him, and Ukrainians are White and that's why he cares about them .

Now , can we get back on topic and stop going on about Myanmar ?

16 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

The second from last sentence is a reference to when I previously suggested that  he wasn't concerned about the plight of the Rohingya in Myanmar because they are of a different race to him, and Ukrainians are White and that's why he cares about them .

Its amusing that you can write 2 or 3 posts explaining why you can't apologise for making false accusations and in those posts you mention the very thing you say you're not allowed to talk about ????????????.

It also amuses me that I'm accused of having racist intent when my wife is Asian.

You did not suggest those things by the way - you were quite categoric in fact.

And I didn't 'keep trying to talk about Myanmar' - I simply asked you, several times, to retract your comment as it was made without a shred of evidence.

I'm beginning to wonder if we speak the same language.

Edited by KhaoYai
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

You remind me of Putin, completely lost the plot and living in his own little world. ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Berkshire said:

Russia has been lying about this war from the moment they said they had no intention of invading Ukraine.  

Just from curiosity: How do you know that Russia has been lying? Do you read any sources coming from Russia? To my knowledge every media from that side has been suppressed, banned, no longer working. Or do you read the Russian media?      

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

You remind me of Putin, completely lost the plot and living in his own little world. ????

Just from curiosity: How do you know that?   Have you read his speeches, listen to his talkshows, his declarations?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, ozimoron said:

Is it not public knowledge that Putin ridiculed the US for insisting that Putin intended to invade Ukraine when he claimed that his troops were only on exercises. And didn't he also pretend that he was pulling them back from Belarus to Russia? If you acknowledge that he said those things then you must also acknowledge that Putin was lying. Just apart from the war crimes denials which are totally implausible.

For many years Putin has been waging a concerted war on truth, to destroy everyone's faith in facts.
equivocating Western liberals who compare Guantanemo Bay to the atrocities committed by Russians in Syria, Chechnya and Ukraine are playing into his hands, and may be funded by him.  The fundamental principle of the war on truth is not that Putin is right, and others are wrong, but that you cannot believe anything, so invent your own reality based on soundbites from state media.

Ukraine is a casualty of that war on truth- not the first, but if NATO is true to its word, maybe the Baltic states will not be the next.
We are reliant on the Russian people to survive and win the war on truth, to take up arms against a sea of troubles, and by opposing, end them.  We could end this now.  But that would be very bad, for all of us.  Only Russians can save their brothers in Ukraine, and prevent the next step towards armageddon. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

When I talk to a Thai lady friend about the war, she has zero interest. It’s a bit strange for me, since we stayed in Kyiv a year ago for 2 weeks.

Maybe once she reacted to a photo of a building in Kyiv being bombed.

How did she react when you showed her a photo of a bombed building in

kyiv ?

35 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

For many years Putin has been waging a concerted war on truth, to destroy everyone's faith in facts.
equivocating Western liberals who compare Guantanemo Bay to the atrocities committed by Russians in Syria, Chechnya and Ukraine are playing into his hands, and may be funded by him.  The fundamental principle of the war on truth is not that Putin is right, and others are wrong, but that you cannot believe anything, so invent your own reality based on soundbites from state media.

Ukraine is a casualty of that war on truth- not the first, but if NATO is true to its word, maybe the Baltic states will not be the next.
We are reliant on the Russian people to survive and win the war on truth, to take up arms against a sea of troubles, and by opposing, end them.  We could end this now.  But that would be very bad, for all of us.  Only Russians can save their brothers in Ukraine, and prevent the next step towards armageddon. 

I don't think the Ukrainians consider Russians to be their brothers, or ever have, especially since the Holodomor. Even if many do speak Russian. Having a common language has never been a basis for assuming two populations are friendly.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ozimoron said:

I don't think the Ukrainians consider Russians to be their brothers, or ever have, especially since the Holodomor. Even if many do speak Russian. Having a common language has never been a basis for assuming two populations are friendly.

It's a similar language; however, the alphabet is different.

https://askanydifference.com/difference-between-russian-and-ukrainian/

7 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Personal anecdote. I didn't think anything much about it at the time but I once had a coworker who was a Muscovite immigrant so I mentioned my relatives had been (Russian speakers) from Ukraine (both of us Jews). He instantly reacted in an automatic extreme snobbish mode even saying the word Ukraine in a derisive tone. It was like it wasn't even something he thought about, he had just obviously been raised to consider Ukraine inferior. OK the guy was a total nerd genius so he had grounds to be snobbish otherwise, but that was about Moscow vs. Ukraine. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Saanim said:

Just from curiosity: How do you know that Russia has been lying? Do you read any sources coming from Russia? To my knowledge every media from that side has been suppressed, banned, no longer working. Or do you read the Russian media?      

I can answer your question with a question:  Why did Russia invade Ukraine in the first place?  Many more lies have followed since.

• Like 2

On 3/26/2022 at 10:45 AM, patongphil said:

That is because Thailand is on another planet!!

It doesn't even act as if it was on this planet which is not surprising with the country ruled by people with the very low average Thai IQ.

As it has been decided that this topic is not related to the Pub, moved to the UK & Europe Topics and events forum.  

A post with a video from an unapproved social media source has been removed:

18) Social Media content is acceptable in most social forums. However, in factual areas such as news, current affairs and health topics, it cannot be used unless it is from a credible news media source or government agency, and must include a weblink to the original source.

10 hours ago, Saanim said:

If you were given concrete examples of Putin lying, you would rationalize the lies by claiming that deception is part of war.

To be fair, if your question is honest, I will give you examples of Putin lying.

• Like 2